PDA

View Full Version : where would you rather be?

manchild
04-08-2007, 07:33 PM
To contrast the where are you thread,where would you rather be ?Me personally around Broome ,easy living ,plenty of fish ,wonderful country.
George

Tailortaker
04-08-2007, 08:53 PM
G'day Manchild, Good question but personally for me, Bribie Island. Thats wh? I'm here. I moved here 21 years ago, I have left a few times but always come back beacause this is where I want to be and now raise my child. I love it here. Honestly when I read your question, If my answer was different I would be planing a move very soon.
Cheers, TT
________
IPAD ACCESSORIES (http://accesoriesipad.com/)

Foxy4
04-08-2007, 08:54 PM
I would rather be in the Cairns FNQ area

ffejsmada
04-08-2007, 08:56 PM
Dunno about you George, but with Sharon Stone or Jennifer Hawkins......................
I wouldn't mind being there!!;D;D

Mornington Island would be ok as well!;)

Jeff

tunaticer
05-08-2007, 04:30 AM
If I could get something thru the council and be able to build a jetty with a loading dock for launching my boat it would have to be either at Cowan on Moreton Island or on Quail Island in Thirsty Sound.

Both locations would require a good boat launching facility from a jetty. Plus the added value of being able to fish from a jetty when you dont feel like putting the boat in the water.

Jack.

Stubbie Holder
05-08-2007, 04:50 AM
We are in the process of doing just that. We looked at Broome, Exmouth, Vanuatu, Cairns (used to live there anyway) and for our lifestyle we chose Hervey Bay. Should be there within the next 12 months.
Stubbie!

Wahoo
05-08-2007, 07:43 AM
on one of the small island group in Maldives and the only way to get to my house is with a boat

Daz

bennykenny
05-08-2007, 08:02 AM
id rather be fishing then sitting behind this computer working(?????) anyway where ever you are just make the most of it, i have loved every place ive lived,(except canberra). i think finding the fish is half the fun for me.(in canberra you know where the carp are)

Synful
05-08-2007, 09:01 AM
Dunno about you George, but with Sharon Stone or Jennifer Hawkins......................
I wouldn't mind being there!!;D;D

I'll Pay that Jeff!!!

ROTFL ;D

Synful
05-08-2007, 09:05 AM
Pretty happy where I am at present - Cairns, but will be better when I get my boat at Xmas time ;D ;D ;D 8-)

Short of that if I had to move anywhere else it would be further north, perhaps Weipa?

blaze
05-08-2007, 10:34 AM
where I am now, far nor west tip of tassie. No water shortage, moderate temps (even though I bitch about it at times), great fishing, about 500m from the boat ramp where people help each other. Small country community on the edge of the sea. Fresh air with no high riser or over population. Gotta love Tassie.
cheers
blaze

Synful
05-08-2007, 03:00 PM
where I am now, far nor west tip of tassie. No water shortage, moderate temps (even though I bitch about it at times), great fishing, about 500m from the boat ramp where people help each other. Small country community on the edge of the sea. Fresh air with no high riser or over population. Gotta love Tassie.
cheers
blaze

Damn Blaze, you almost make me envious with that description :)

If it wasn't for the fact that I'd miss the Jacks and chasing Barra so much you'd almost have sold me on a move ...8-)

bastard
05-08-2007, 07:11 PM
Id like to live on fraser island,but unfortunately you also have to have an income.

NEWBY
05-08-2007, 07:48 PM
To contrast the where are you thread,where would you rather be ?Me personally around Broome ,easy living ,plenty of fish ,wonderful country.
George
Been there and done that for 3 years George. Broome aint what ya think buddy. Trust me. Having said that, I havta admit, I live in Gladstone and wouldnt leave for the world. Unless a cyclone is hitting us ya can always go fishing. Theres the harbour, Awonga dam, The Islands just a couple of miles across the harbour, the creeks, Masthead, herron, northwest, fitzroy etc etc all within range of most. great weather. Good people. Bang for buck there aint a place on earth that compares to Gladstone.

bushbeachboy
05-08-2007, 08:19 PM
Gotta disagree team:P
I live in the Burdekin in NQ. There are 12 boat ramps within half an hour of home in brilliant fishing creeks and rivers. Just offshore to great shoal country, then there's the reef. No water shortages here, in fact no water restrictions at all. Low population area with good boating facilities and tons of fish. If you get to a ramp on the weekend and find 15 - 20 car/trailers parked, you think it's busy. Friendly people everywhere and a relaxed lifestyle to boot. And if you want the big city prices for stuff, Townsville is only an hour up the road.

Love the place.

Now unfortunately I am moving to Toowoomba!! XYZ!!!!!!!!!!!>:( >:( >:( Aaaaaaaagghhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Davemclean
05-08-2007, 08:23 PM
anywhere in OZ to be honest, I hate the UK, really do

I want to move to somewhere in Queensland, I'm still saving, lol

Crumbo
05-08-2007, 09:31 PM
Noosa it is for me. Love the place!
That is where I want to move to once I have finished my uni degree.

sandbankmagnet
05-08-2007, 09:44 PM
yeah SEQ. have deep sea fishing options, snapper, pealies to reds to dolphin fish to macks. Estuary fishing for mud crabs, sandies, whiting and flatties (and tonnes of bream). No crocs. No stingers. Surf beaches to swim in. Warm temps. no cyclones (for a while). No snow. And plenty of poonany on the streets and beaches.

Just not a lot of water in Bris. Plenty on the coasts though. We'll be taking some of that soon and giving back some urine.

In summary. Caloundra. Raised on the sunshine caost and not a bad spot.

flairj
06-08-2007, 08:21 PM
I live in Gladstone and wouldnt leave for the world. Unless a cyclone is hitting us ya can always go fishing. Theres the harbour, Awonga dam, The Islands just a couple of miles across the harbour, the creeks, Masthead, herron, northwest, fitzroy etc etc all within range of most. great weather. Good people. Bang for buck there aint a place on earth that compares to Gladstone.

Only problem is the coal transportation has led to cancer rates sufficiently higher than the general population so much so that a health investigation is now under way:-/

disorderly
06-08-2007, 09:56 PM
It's a good thread here ,George!
If my kids were old enough to leave home I would love to be currently rather be on my own 40-50ft sailing cat cruising the reef and dropping anchor wherever I pleased.
Fishing,diving and taking it easy,just exploring the magical reef we have here with a view to at some stage exploring the pacific islands and the wider oceans particularly the Carribean Islands.
Ah well at least I can dream!

Because tomorrow I will wake up and......
the kids will be fighting
the wife will be demanding
and clients will be asking why I havent finished transforming their beachside homes into a tropical paradise (for about a quarter the budget I need to do a real proper job).
Isn't life a bitch!!

Scott

joeT
06-08-2007, 10:56 PM
anywhere in OZ to be honest, I hate the UK, really do

I want to move to somewhere in Queensland, I'm still saving, lol

I'm the same, will be out of london in Nov and back in sunny brisbane hopefully with a new boat. :)

B_E_N
07-08-2007, 08:54 AM
the carribean! just have to win lotto so i dont have to work ever again and thats where youll find me, have nice beaches, sun, good fishing, rum and cricket!

saurian
07-08-2007, 09:20 PM
Yardi's or walcott inlet in sept/oct just before the equinox tides.
Yeh , definately walcott......
Ta