PDA

View Full Version : Rod and Line recommendations

Ian McIlvar
04-08-2007, 03:22 PM
I'm about to purchase afile:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/IANMCF%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.jpgn Abu Revo STX HS for a bit of estuary and onshore
fishing and would appreciate some advice on a suitable rod and line that would work well with this reel and give me a reasonably balanced outfit,:-/

cheers,

Ianfile:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/IANMCF%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.jpg file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/IANMCF%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg

Blaster Bretty
04-08-2007, 03:32 PM
G-day Ian,,,, Ive got 2 abu cardinal spinning reel,s one in the 2000 size and a 4000, both work well for me but im only targeting small stuff (bream + small tailor etc) one good thing so far is abu's come with a spare spool which I always load up with a heavier line if need be,,, It has come in handy too. with line, the advice I got off here is you get what you pay for, seems true so far, as for rods, if you see one in the store and you like it(how it feels in your hands )and it suits your budget then get it, thats the advice i took on and im having a great time, I rekon you cant go wrong with the good old ugly stick's, theyre pretty tuff.

Bretty