PDA

View Full Version : Whats the best boat ramp on the Maroochy river?

MickS
04-08-2007, 02:06 PM
Anyone have any thoughts. I have always used Fishermans road, but if you read my previous post on this ramp you may realise why I'm asking. I thought I might look around and check out the others.

The one at Bli Bli looks Ok, though I notice only 12 designated carparks for cars and trailers.

Comments appreciated.

Lovey80
04-08-2007, 03:46 PM
I use the one between the cod hole and the fishermans road turn off. The ramp is good but can get busy at times. Toilets are right there and there is 2 lanes.

Cheers Chris

finding_time
04-08-2007, 04:02 PM
Mich S

If you read my reply to your earlier post you'll realize why Fishermans rd is still the best ramp , what happened to you was an anomaly mate

Ian

finding_time
04-08-2007, 04:05 PM
whoops double post AGAIN!!:-[

gunna
05-08-2007, 04:29 PM
if you read my previous post on this ramp you may realise why I'm asking.

I missed that post. What happened ?

I use the Fisherman Rd ramp and think its the best. I tried the one on the south side of the river but its too shallow. Busted the speedo pickup when the boat hit the ramp.

MickS
05-08-2007, 05:33 PM
Hi Gunna

Went to the ramp the other day and most of the carparks were taken by single cars, no trailer ,attending the local market. I know this only happens on Sundays, and may be only every 2nd Sunday, I'm not sure.

Good ramp to use, but if I can't get a park I'm wondering where I should head of to next.

Cheers

Mick

Lovey80
05-08-2007, 06:14 PM
Should ring the police and get them booked, isnt there a sign that says cars with trailers only? There is one at the other ramp i use.

Cheers Chris

Lovey80
05-08-2007, 06:16 PM
P.S. The other ramp has just been redone and deep enough for me even to drive my boat on no worries. I dont even take my transducer of anymore when launching.

Cheers Chris