PDA

View Full Version : quintrex spirit

monkey76
02-08-2007, 09:14 PM
Has anyone owned or had much to do with a quintrex spirit as I am looking at a 510 with an e tech on the back. Will be using it broadwater and out seaway on good days, any feedback good or bad would be appreciated before I spend my hard earn money. Am looking at spending 30 k must have a cabin any other boat models you may think worth a look at would be appreciated.
Cheers

whiteman
03-08-2007, 03:42 PM
I've had a 530 for about 5 years. Got this config cause I used to live in Sydney and wanted good weather protection - have plastics which can enclose the cabin. Also 2 youngsters who used to play in there.

Great boat. Very dry. Have never slept in it but I have a mate with one and he and his missus sleep over on the reef regularly. Power from a 115 Yammie 2s is spot on - does 35 knots but cruises around 26 knots. Now I'm in the tropics I still appreciate the protection as I have a 3/4 length foldaway cover. The weight of the rig is easy to handle solo and the single axle is great for moving it around the garage. Rarely do I regret not having a full walkaround deck.

The only pain is getting to the anchor but that's not a real problem these days as I use an anka yanka setup so all is done from the back half.