PDA

View Full Version : Hastings nearly ready

Lucky_Phill
01-08-2007, 06:42 PM
OK, I've completed the fancy guide wraps.

Pics are RS, but, I underbound the guides in Gudebrod A black NCP and overbound them ( 2 wraps ) in same. There are Met Gold trim bands at either end and a ( 2 ) Gold thread running from the center of the guide feet crossing over directly behind the guide and coming to a point at the other end, all tucked under the Gold trim band.

I have only one coat of epoxy on at the moment and will apply a few more, taking out any rough bits.

Gold Lock Down Reel seat and Gold Alps Gimble.

Stick is a 15 -24KG Extra Fast taper 6ft'er. I'll be putting a TLD 15 on with 50lb braid and using it mainly for bottom work and including deep water jigging.

Hope all you contributors ( to the pizza rod ) enjoy.

Phill

finga
01-08-2007, 08:11 PM
Gees Phil you have to get better with the snaps.
Very hard to see your handy work.
PS tea towels might be dry by now. :)
Cheers then
Scott :)

B_E_N
02-08-2007, 09:18 AM
looks good mate, i love the cross overs behind the runners, ive never seen it before and its gives the rod its own style. good stuff

Kid
02-08-2007, 04:13 PM
Nice Job Mate, I Would Have A Look At The Torium 30 Or 50 Reel. I Think It Would Be A Much Better Reel For What You Want It For(they Are On Sale Now For Around $279). I've Got The Tld15 And It's A Great Reel But 40 Pounds Is The Absolute Max I Would Put On It.

Cheers

Kid

sandyd
02-08-2007, 06:55 PM
What a great looking cross wrap Phil, it has style and class all in one.

It really has turned out great.

Lucky_Phill
02-08-2007, 08:03 PM
Scott:- I tried to hold the camera steady, but old hands etc :P
Yes, the tea towels were dry, good detective work !!!!!

Ben:- Yep I have thought about this cross thread under the guides for some time, even going to extremes of crossing a thread from the foregrip all the way to the tip and having the guides sit on the crossovers !! Yep, Custom Rod. :)

Kid:- The TLD will handle the 50lb Braid as I have been using this combination for many years now. It's all in the drag setting.... Tough little reel, fast retrieval rate, light and easy to maintain. Also the price was right !!!!!!! ;D

sandyd:- Thanks sandy, yep it has turned out OK. I will get another hastings and do what I had intended in the first place, but it will be based on the same style of butt wrap, might go Holographic guides .... for effect. Also utilize a Alps tri-reel seat.

I now have that sewing machine motor, Scott. I'll be down to see you soon to get that lathe happening.

Cheers Phill

finga
02-08-2007, 09:33 PM
Goodo... :)

roz
02-08-2007, 10:33 PM
looking good Phill.

Perhaps try another shot of the guides, as I liked what i saw & wouldn't mind using that idea on my next project.

roz.

Black_Rat
02-08-2007, 10:51 PM
Wraps look good :)

PS: the tiles need a sweep ;D

Lucky_Phill
03-08-2007, 05:29 PM
OK, next time you're over Damo, bring ya broom. :P :P

Don't make it tonight, I'm having Roast Pork and apple sauce ;D no rum !

Phill

sid_fishes
03-08-2007, 06:41 PM
phill, mate your right, the pics are shit,but i love what you did with the gold , so could pls post a few clearer ones, and the rod looks good to bet you cant wait to get out and blood it cheers ian

finga
03-08-2007, 07:14 PM
Roast Pork!!!! So where was the invite Mr 'I want a wrapper motor and lathe'?? >:(
You better enjoy it ya bugger ;)

Lucky_Phill
04-08-2007, 07:21 PM
Scott, I was about to finally put that oil on my wood bass rod butt....but... DOH !

Phill

blaze
04-08-2007, 11:42 PM
rod looks good Phil
I have measure the rod tube and it will fit nicely, just enough room to pack well and still fly jetstar, So I trust you will treat it well until I pick it up at the 1770 M&g
cheers
blaze

finga
05-08-2007, 08:22 AM
You have got to be kidding me with those bottles.
If you had have done the job when I gave you the oils the oils would be on THE FRIGGIN' ROD NOT A PUDDLE OF GOOP IN THE BOTTOM OF THE TACKLE BOX.

Blaze...you'd be lucky if the rod gets to 1770.
Haven't you read about the drowning of the ute and now...look at those bottles of precisious oils I gave him to finish a rod butt....

Anyways I trust the pork was OK Phil
:)

Lucky_Phill
05-08-2007, 11:37 AM
I'm a busy person Scott. Always have a lot on..... :P

Can't believe those speciman bottles melting like that though !!!

Found some sewing machine foot controls / pedals at the markets this morning, but the ferets wanted $10 each... got them down to 3 for $20, but I was still not prepared to pay more than $2 each. Maybe 2.50. Didn't find any dryer motors either...bugga !

OK< taken some more pics, not 100% yet, but I'm gettin there.

Phill

sid_fishes
05-08-2007, 12:12 PM
thanks for the extra pics phill, they are much better and i like the gold crossover a great effect. mate as for a dryer motor i was going to use a microwave motor, i,ll see if it works, you can have it . do you have a chuck yet, i started to make 1 out of a pvc cap ,drilled and tapped 3 nylon screws into it its there 2 cheers ian

Stuart
05-08-2007, 04:51 PM
Geesss Phill, cut your toe nails mate. The rods looking good mate, but those feet need some more work.:P

Stu