PDA

View Full Version : looking 4 sharkcat help

runci
30-07-2007, 02:33 PM
looking for drawings/ plans of a 1988 7mtr sharkcat

we have one and need the drawings to get it into survey
it has a lloyds number but they cant/wont help as they dont keep records over 7 years and i have also contacted noosa cat and waiting on them

has anyone have a sister ship they have plans to
or know what else i can do

thanks

Dean1
30-07-2007, 05:42 PM
Mate a friend of mine on here called wadeo has a 89 model 7m sharkcat, he may be able to help, he just fully restored his. PM him, wadeo is his name on here. Good luck.

Fish Guts
30-07-2007, 08:12 PM
runci,

there is a 1988 7m sharkcat original bruce harris design on boatpoint. there are another 3 or so different year makes aswell on there. maybe a last resort try giving the vendors a call ?
http://www.boatpoint.com.au/boats-for-sale/details.aspx?R=2687923

all the best mate

fish guts

Grand_Marlin
31-07-2007, 07:21 AM
If you go to the relevant Survey authority for your state, they will have plans that you can buy ... or they will steer you towards a surveyor / naval architect who will have a set.

There are literally hundreds of 7m Sharkcats in survey around Australia, and they all had to submit plans / laminate samples etc etc etc to be put in survey.

Go through the commercial channels, recreational isnt going to give you any joy - simply because it isnt relevant to them.

Even contact somebody with a 7m Sharkcat in survey and ask them how / where they went.

Cheers

Pete

runci
31-07-2007, 09:12 AM
thanks for the answers
we are in nsw and i have tried almost everything and the maritime surveyors
are really no help for some reason they have put problem after problem in front of us

our boat has been tested in almost everything even thickness tests:-/

i have approached a lot of commercial people and today the gov so fingers crossed there

i have yesterday send of emails to in survey cat owners and await their answers

cheers

Grand_Marlin
31-07-2007, 08:02 PM
At the worst you can get a naval architect to measure and draw new plans, but it is going to cost an absolute fortune.

Cheers

Pete