PDA

View Full Version : It Floats!

thatp1g
30-07-2007, 09:54 AM
Which is always a good thing when you launch your boat for the first time.

Took the little boat out for it's maiden voyage yesterday at Dunethin Rock. Dunethin Rock is ten minutes out of Yandina on the Yandina - Bli bli road. The ramp is well maintained and not too slimy and it's close to home so a perfect spot for first launch.

The boat is very stable on the water and the little 9.8 pushes it along on the plane at around 15knots which is probably just a bit too fast.

We were only there for two hours - mostly to run the motor in a little and see how the boat behaved but we dropped a line over in a nice hole and the kiddo pulled in a nice little flatty, pics attached.

The boat seems to bog down in the arse like the webster twinfishers do when you are powering up onto the plane - a little foil of some sort should tidy that up a bit. It's all trimmed up correctly but coming onto and coming off of the plane the arse drags.

In case you missed my first spammy self promoting thread in here about the boat there is some more info on it here (http://www.thatp1g.com/index.php?topic=84.0) and here (http://www.thatp1g.com/index.php?topic=85.0).

Finally got it registered so there was no excuse with the warm still weather not to keep my promise to take the girls out in it.

ED; I wasnt sure where to put this - it's a little bit boating, little bit photos, little bit report, mostly waffle. So if it's in the wrong place please shift.

The kiddo's flatty.

The rod she is using is a little "masterpiece" canoe rod. It's 4 foot 3 and is quite deceptive. It's got a lot of strength in the bottom of it and the tip is nice and sensitive and best of all it's the perfect size for her to cast without hooking us in the ears when we are out on the water. I got it off e-bay for 49 bucks and wasnt sure what to expect but it really is that good I'm gonna get myself one.

Dirtysanchez
30-07-2007, 11:12 AM
Sounds good - half your luck.. I took my boy out on Sunday but didn't catch anything, but it was a beaut day to be out all the same

How big is the tinny ?

Poodroo
30-07-2007, 03:44 PM
I had a little laugh to myself when I saw the title of the thread and saw the pictures. Please tell me you didn't send the girls out first to test its seaworthiness?::) :P Mate I am glad your maiden voyage went well. That was me a few months ago when I went through the same process of getting my old tinny back in the water. Many more fun times are going to be had for you and the girls I'm sure. My kids have come out in my boat a couple of times but I get the impression that the speed freaks them out a little. Note to self: Ease up on the throttle the next time the kids are on board. ;D

Cheers,

Poodroo

jimbamb
30-07-2007, 04:41 PM
good luck with the new ship. i recon it would be a bit scary with that 10hp tohatsu on the back Get a foil for her and run at half throttle
recon the little shimano hangin over the side will get a few more flattys.

Foxy4
30-07-2007, 07:18 PM
Looks like you have a real nice little winner there for sure.

haggis
30-07-2007, 07:48 PM
not only does she float but also puts you onto some fish .
cheers & happy fishing fae haggis.......................