PDA

View Full Version : September School Holiday Ideas

MickS
29-07-2007, 10:00 PM
Hi All

I'm looking for ideas where I can take the family, and boat (4.2 mtr) in SE Queensland for September School holidays.

Anywhere in the south east corner that offers family entertinment/boating, and the chance for the old fella to throw one or two SP's.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Cheers

Mick

tunaticer
29-07-2007, 10:46 PM
G'day Mick,

Two yrs ago i took the family over to moreton island and camped directly in from the curtin artificial reef at one of the registered campsites.

Just head straight out 200m and ur on the reef.
The shallows between the reef and the beach are light weedbeds and they produced lots of nice big squid with drifts over them and i set the dillies out there and scored half a dozen sandies and spanner crabs each day.

Yellowpatch is a 20 min drive away for some lagoon fun etc too.

Jack.

Dodgy_Back
30-07-2007, 02:39 PM
Mate
You can't go past Couran Cove on Sth Straddy
We've been going there for years now and the kids are never bored, close to some of the best fishing at the Goldy and with enough nice things there to keep the Wife happy.

Wife happy and Kids happy = more fishing time for you.

Mick

Redspeckle
31-07-2007, 07:31 PM
I am taking my brothers kids camping and fishing at Bribie Island up the passage this coming school hoildays
South stradbroke island is good too for camping camp at Southern Haven (MBTBC Member of to camp there ) at Easter school hoildays which is up from Couran Cove there camping areas on the isalnd the only thing is go to put up with the boat traffic even during the week thats why going Bribie Island this time
I am not knocking the post's about Going to Moreton Island (which i love going too) but in a 4.2 m boat there which would be fulled loaded and weather becomes bad not good situation to be in better of going to sheltered waters instead weather becomes bad at least can get home and also have too manged your fuel too there and back + fishing
I hope this helps
Mitch

kind_cir
31-07-2007, 08:31 PM
Carlo Pt just 3km from Rainbow beach. Van park with camping at the waters edge and a boat ramp nextdoor. Varried accom at Rainbow beach with all supplies available. Take a ride in the boat accross Tin Can Inlet to Tincan Bay to veiw and feed the dolfins at the coast guard ramp. Jump in the car and go up to inskip pt and watch the ferries leave for Fraser Is and do some beach fishing, you can also camp here with a 4b. Lanch the boat from the ramp up near Inskip to explore more water. Get the 4b onto the beach for some fishing and view the coloured sands. explore the inland tracks in the 4b. Take a tour in the lark. Have a meal at the surf club. Take the kids for a swim at the patrolled beach.all this + more within 15 min of town. Go for a 3/4 hour drive to Poona to fish the creek and sorrounds.

MickS
01-08-2007, 05:41 PM
Thanks for the info people, muchly appreciated.

SgBFish
03-08-2007, 09:08 PM
Mick Toorbul or Donnybrook up the Bribie passage are great day options or stay in the caravan park if you like.
In a 4.2M boat the water is safe the kids can swm at Mission point or on the Island side of the passage and if the weather turns fowl its easy to get home.
There are heaps of flatties and bream around.
If you are going to stay in the parks there book in early.
Scott

MickS
04-08-2007, 02:02 PM
Thanks Scott. I have found little B&B at Toorbul that caters for kids and boats. Just checking prices.

We are lso checking the houseboats at TCB as they allow you to tow your own boat instead of their little dinghys.Once again we are checking prices.

Cheers

Mick