PDA

View Full Version : Fishermans Road Buderim Boat Ramp

MickS
29-07-2007, 08:58 PM
Hi All

Had a great day on the water today fishing with the family.The young fella (almost 3) scored an undersize bream, and a toadie, but he was totally stoked. 13 yo daughter caught a 30 cm bream, which Mum quickly laid claim to and has since eaten for dinner, and 13 yo keeps reminding me she caught the biggest fish of the day. We were out between 10.am-3.00pm, not the best time for fishing, but great time for family fun.

Problem of the day though was when we arrived at the boat ramp, which is our local ramp, we had a shortage of car parks. Of the 30 odd car parks set aside for cars with trailers, about 7 were occupied with cars with trailers, the rest were taken by single vechiles attending a local market. I had the daughter stand in a spare car park while I launched the boat, and by the time I got back she had been confronted by 3 cars wanting the spot, but to her credit she stood her ground.

Whats that old saying about "Hell has no fury like a womens scorn", my Mrs is writing the council about the problem. Can I encourage any others who have had the same problem to contact council and lets see if we can get this problem resolved. It's just not good enough, and needs to be sorted out.

Cheers

Mick

Swamp
29-07-2007, 10:07 PM
Down at Mackay Marina boatramp for a walk with my wife today, beautiful Sunday

just watching ( laughing ) at some of the carry ons, very busy day.

When we were leaving, I saw the council had ticketed some vehicles. Looked like it was for parking single vehicles in car/trailer parks.

Parking availability is terrible when there's good weather, and if I'm right, it was so good to see ( there were plenty of single parks )

finding_time
29-07-2007, 10:18 PM
Hi All

Had a great day on the water today fishing with the family.The young fella (almost 3) scored an undersize bream, and a toadie, but he was totally stoked. 13 yo daughter caught a 30 cm bream, which Mum quickly laid claim to and has since eaten for dinner, and 13 yo keeps reminding me she caught the biggest fish of the day. We were out between 10.am-3.00pm, not the best time for fishing, but great time for family fun.

Problem of the day though was when we arrived at the boat ramp, which is our local ramp, we had a shortage of car parks. Of the 30 odd car parks set aside for cars with trailers, about 7 were occupied with cars with trailers, the rest were taken by single vechiles attending a local market. I had the daughter stand in a spare car park while I launched the boat, and by the time I got back she had been confronted by 3 cars wanting the spot, but to her credit she stood her ground.

Whats that old saying about "Hell has no fury like a womens scorn", my Mrs is writing the council about the problem. Can I encourage any others who have had the same problem to contact council and lets see if we can get this problem resolved. It's just not good enough, and needs to be sorted out.

Cheers

Mick

Mick

I use this ramp abit and on sunday mornings( market day) they generally have a parking attendant at the ramp car park only letting cars with boats attached through! I guess he was having a sicky today and no body got a replacement.

Ian