PDA

View Full Version : Pier Rage American Style!!!

gleeeza
29-07-2007, 08:35 PM
How about this idiots over reaction, wouldn't want to pinch a chop off his plate. You would only do it once:furious2:

NEWPORT BEACH, California (AP) -- A fisherman accused of stabbing a sea lion with a steak knife after the animal stole his bait has been arrested.
The sea lion, a six-foot female weighing about 150 pounds, was stabbed in the heart and was euthanized, said Dean Gomersall, animal care supervisor at the Pacific Marine Mammal Center in Laguna Beach.
"It's a horrible thing," Gomersall said. "My crew is extremely upset, and we're just glad the person was caught."
Hai Nguyen, 24, was fishing off a Newport pier about 12:30 p.m. Friday when the sea lion snatched the bait from his fishing pole.
"It was close enough so he could just reach out and stab it in the water," said Sgt. Evan Sailor, a police spokesman. "A number of people witnessed it and called police."
Nguyen was arrested without incident at the pier and held at Newport Beach Jail on $20,000 bail. He was expected to be arraigned next week on a charge of felony cruelty to animals, authorities said.
The case also was being investigated by the U.S. attorney's office for possible federal charges under the Marine Mammal Protection Act.
Nguyen could face a $25,000 fine and up to a year in prison if convicted on the animal cruelty charge. A conviction on federal charges of violating the Marine Mammal Protection Act could add $12,000 in civil penalties, criminal fines of up to $20,000 and additional jail time,

Unbelievable!!!

tanglefoot
29-07-2007, 08:55 PM
Bloody idiot

lippa
29-07-2007, 09:18 PM
good they got the mongrel
if i had the oppurtunity to see a sea lion up close,
i'd give it all me bait!!!!!!!!

cheers

lippa

el_carpo
30-07-2007, 01:32 AM
He and Michael Vick and anyone else who treats animals like that deserve to be..............well, I don't know what they deserve but if "What goes around comes around" is true, then they're in trouble. Sad, sorry people to do things like that. Terrible.

edleigh7
30-07-2007, 09:01 AM
He deserves to get the max fine and jail time in my opinion>:(

Hey El Carpo...who's Michael Vick and what did he do??

Ed

Mattg68
30-07-2007, 09:31 AM
what a ######! if i witnessed this he would cop a 'dusting over' before the relevant authorities caught up with him. people like this are a waste of valuable space on this planet.

Matt

FNQCairns
30-07-2007, 09:33 AM
Ed, From the net, looks like Vic is nothing more than trash.

On July 17 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/July_17), 2007 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007), Vick and three other men were indicted by a federal grand jury for felony and misdemeanor charges involving a 6-year long interstate (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interstate_commerce) dog fighting (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dog_fighting_in_the_United_States) venture called "Bad Newz Kennels (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bad_Newz_Kennels_dog_fighting_investigation)" and tens of thousands of dollars in gambling (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gambling) activities. The operation was based at a 15-acre estate in a rural area of southeastern Virginia which authorities contend was purchased and developed specifically for the criminal enterprise. Even within a controversial and brutal blood sport (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_sport), the federal allegations detailed exceptionally extreme violence involving execution of losing and under-performing dogs by electrocution, hanging, drowning and shooting, including Vick's direct involvement, drawing extensive negative publicity and expressions of public outrage.

cheers fnq

edleigh7
30-07-2007, 10:20 AM
Thanks for the info FNQCairns....just another F@%$wit on this earth:-X >:(

Ed

mickstar001
30-07-2007, 10:40 AM
Bloody Idiot

Miss C
30-07-2007, 10:52 AM
they need to send a DPI person along to shorncliffe pier. I am no racist and don't want to offend anyone on here but the bloody asians bucket every single damn thing they catch 99% of which is nowhere near legal. Group of them there late sat arvo with handlines dangling off the pier and they were pulling stuff in, slapping it on the pier until it was dead and then putting it in the bucket, saw a bream that at most would have measured 10-15 cm, small tailor around the same size and smaller. I was tempted to go grab their bucket and tip it back into the sea!

blaze
30-07-2007, 11:31 AM
my only problem with this is that the human race seems to be treated as a lesser being in the eyes of the law sometimes, like kill some in a car accident and how many people do time for that crime. Until we learn to treat the human animal what hope have we for the rest of the animals.
cheers
blaze

Blaster Bretty
30-07-2007, 05:00 PM
Wow thats um??? well um???? geeez I just dunno what he was on but it's um???? Man thats just over the top,,, Poor sea lion,, she was just siezing what she seen as an opportunity for a free feed and ended up dying for it!!!! a bit extreme if you ask me.
I my self have had birds swoop down and cart off bait and even lost fish to pelicans after ive scaled and gutted them, boy was I peeved that day but still managed to see the funny side.... Personally I would have yelled at the sea lion and waved my hands etc to try and scare her off before she even got close!!

Bretty

VoodooChile78
30-07-2007, 09:50 PM
Hang him! what sort of person would do that? I mean how much would the bait actually cost?? That's some people for you...

I had a dolphin take my bait over at amity pt...I was more concerned whether it was going to get hurt by my hook!

fish_outta_water
31-07-2007, 07:40 AM
hi guys ,
not condoning what the ~#*k wit did there , but if people didnt keep feeding wild animals , they wouldnt come close enough to people to get into bother ,
where i live in the uk tourists have been feeding the local seals (and guls) for years , now they have no fear of people and steal every fish you catch in some areas . this results in them all being covered in multi hook "mackeral feathers"

was impressed with the montrey bay aquarium , they treat rescued otters and others critters , but when it comes to feeding time they put on a costume and face mask that alters their body shape and hides the face so as to stop the assosiation between humans and food
on a side note the sea gulls where i live are now having to be culled as theyve taken a few kids eye out while trying to swipe food from em
have a good en

edleigh7
31-07-2007, 07:46 AM
That's a good idea what they do at the aquarium, fish_outta_water and would be mildly amusing too;D

Ed

fish_outta_water
31-07-2007, 07:51 AM
yeh when they said they wear a costume to feed em , couldnt stop my eyes rolling and the thought that there gonna be dressed as a sea otter , but was happy to hear theyve actually thought it out ,
would be even more ammussing to see this feeding tactic employed at tangalooma

el_carpo
31-07-2007, 11:45 AM
Sorry for the late response edleigh7 and thanks for answering fnqcairns. :thumbsup:

Yeah, Michael Vick is one of the most famous quarterbacks in the National Football League over here and one of the biggest *******s you'll likely find. In a time when professional sports could sink no lower, he just crashed through the floor. It certainly will be interesting to see what the league does to him. I'll tell you this, if they don't boot him out of the league, any little scrap of "integrity" they had will be officially gone.

All the money and fame a hood-rat could ever hope for and he STILL acts like a rapper thug. Dog fighting?!! How could anyone possibly DO that let alone get any enjoyment from it! Orcs, not humans, orcs. Torture animals to death-----yeah, the league better boot him and good or that's that for football. I hope the court throws his *** in jail for the full six years too. My country needs to straighten itself out in a good many ways and this is a perfect place to start.

I saw a television show about dogfighting once and they showed how the gangs had 10 year old children fighting dogs, killing the hurt dogs with FIRE, and stealing dogs from people to throw to the pitbulls for "practice" to teach them (the 10 year old kids) how to be "tough" and get them used to the brutality of their future gang life. Demonic stuff here. It needs to be wiped off the face of the earth forever.

I better shut up now. Writing when you're as angry as I am can lead to trouble.

NFL, dump Vick NOW!!!

edleigh7
31-07-2007, 02:54 PM
That is pretty sick mate and to pass this f&*%ed attitude onto their kids is even worse!!>:( >:( :o

Hey El_Carpo , NFL is that the game where a bunch of pansies run around with that much padding on that they look like the Michelin man playing pile on each other and if they defend they're too tired to attack or even kick....or i am i getting it confued with something else...lol....;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;)

Ed;D

el_carpo
01-08-2007, 02:36 PM
Hey El_Carpo , NFL is that the game where a bunch of pansies run around with that much padding on that they look like the Michelin man playing pile on each other and if they defend they're too tired to attack or even kick....or i am i getting it confued with something else...lol....;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;)

Ed;D

No, you're not confused, that's pretty much it, especially the Greenbay Packers.;D;D;D

That's why I like baseball. It's like cricket, only fun.;);D;D;D

EC

P.S. sorry to all cricket fans. I'm just kiddin'.:)

edleigh7
01-08-2007, 04:21 PM
That's why I like baseball. It's like cricket, only fun.;);D;D;D

EC

P.S. sorry to all cricket fans. I'm just kiddin'.:)

Good comeback EC good comeback

Ed;D