PDA

View Full Version : Hook point closure travel times.

madman1
29-07-2007, 04:38 PM
A mate is heading to Fraser in the next two weeks for a work trip and is curious as to how much longer it takes to get from the barge on Fraser to Indian Head via the inland road due to the beach closure.

Another question is what are the conditions of the beach and road at the moment?

If I hadn't have quit my job with the last company I would be asking the question for myself. But I cant complain as I am living in paradise at the moment.

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Mark.

Leeann
30-07-2007, 11:53 AM
The beach isn't closed yet at Hook Point on Fraser Island. Came home that way Saturday afternoon and it's well and truly open. Your mate will have no dramas travelling the beach (at low tide of course :) )

I heard a story, so i don't know how true it is, that they're reluctant to close the beach because no authority wants to maintain the road. Council, main roads... no one wants to touch it. They can't bitumen the track because it's World Heritage listed, gravel on sand isn't going to last that long either......

Tell your mate the tailor are biting at Indian :)

SON_of_ADD60
30-07-2007, 01:14 PM
Hey Mark

You had better be Quick if you want to go to Indian Head !!
Closed season from Midday 01/08/2007 to Midday 30/09/2007
400 m out to sea from the eastern shore at low water, between 400 m north of Waddy Point and 400 m south of Indian Head.
(Fin fish only).

Cheers Daz. ::)

SeaHunt
30-07-2007, 01:38 PM
There is a conditions report on the web, updated fortnightly. Hook Point is still open at the moment, although someone told me they are doing up the inland road at the moment, probably close as soon as they are finished.
Be there myself in 2 weeks.
http://www.epa.qld.gov.au/publications/p01663aa.pdf/Fraser_Island_conditions_report.pdf

sambos
30-07-2007, 04:57 PM
was on the mantaray 1 week ago.They said it would be closed in 2 weeks.only until the 1st serious accident occured.then the birds may take 2nd place to people.As for the bitumen story i dont think so .The entrance area in eurong is all bitumen
cheers
rick