PDA

View Full Version : Evinrude direct injection

rustymarlin
28-07-2007, 03:56 PM
I have an evinrude 150hp direct injection outboard 2002 model i would like to hear from anyone else that has the same type of engine for there experience with these engines . How many hours you have on the engine and so on . I have had no issues with my motor just interested to here from others with the same engine.

Noelm
29-07-2007, 07:55 AM
I guess you mean you have a Ficht engine?if so, they have a fairly bad reputation, but for no real reason, other than a couple of issues with a couple of specific models, but any problems has given the entire range a bad name, but most will go for years and years I have a pair of 115HP which are on course a V4 and they have over 2,000 hours on them without any problems and no rebuilds or major repairs.

Spaniard_King
29-07-2007, 08:31 AM
rusty,

They had most of the problems related to destruction well sorted by 2002 so you should not be concerned... who looks after your engine??? as this will have a major effect on it's longevity?? I looked after 4 x V6 fichts which were being run comercially from 1999-2002 (engines were sold) these had big hours all in excess of 1500 each with only 1 having a hiccup (nipped up a piston due to carbon build up) but this problem was overcome by a software upgrade and reduced low rpm running.