PDA

View Full Version : mariner not turning off

grey_inflatable
28-07-2007, 03:43 PM
Hi all just got the mariner back from the shop, and now it want turn off, is there somthing i can do to fix this, and would it be ok to use the choke to cut the motor promised to take some peaple out on the brissy river tomorow thanks all

(dont know why its all underlined but looks good ) cheers all

ashh
28-07-2007, 04:17 PM
kill switch, or disconnect the fuel line. But Id be taking it straight back to the workshop though!

finga
28-07-2007, 04:25 PM
Just check under the cowl for disconnected wiring.
If I remember yours is a side consul so the kill on the motor should still work. If not look at the two wires coming out of the kill swith and trace them through and see if one has been accidentally disconnected.
What model is it and we might be able to get wire colours etc to help??
Good luck

grey_inflatable
28-07-2007, 04:39 PM
its a mariner 30 i thinkits quiet old late 80s

samson
28-07-2007, 04:44 PM
Used to hot wire my old johnson to get it started by arcing across a couple of bolts when it came time to turn it off all i did was choke it out never had any probs.

BM
28-07-2007, 08:09 PM
As a short term fix to fulfill your promise choking it to stop it wont hurt it at all.

luckyone
31-07-2007, 03:47 AM
Pull The Black Stop Rubber Off And There Is A Brass Clip That Goes Inside It . They Have A Tendensy To Come Loose , So Youpush It Back In And Be Careful Putting It Back On As It Can Come Out If You Force It Too Much ........ Chears And Beers

Tailortaker
31-07-2007, 08:36 AM
My Johnson wouldnt stop one day, I took the fuel line off to kill it than took the cover off to discover that a wire had come off...
________
CATASTROPHE BOND DICUSSION (http://www.insurance-forums.org/catastrophe-bond/)

grey_inflatable
02-08-2007, 07:53 AM
thanks guys we went up the brisy river and norman creek to see all the bats hanging around , not bad view if you are looking for somthing to dobit diferent but maneged to get threw the day with out putting off till we got back to the ramp all was sweet cheers guys