PDA

View Full Version : Ausfishers everywhere

rando
27-07-2007, 08:15 PM
I was driving to work this morning on the Gateway northbound at Nudgee and i spotted an unusual vessel on a trailer.
Some kind of punt, but with a very shallow V quite large, and powered by an inboard with a jet unit out the back. I got a bit closer to have a look and pulled alongside for an "optic".
It turns out it is a DPI&F vessal with large lettering on the side warning of high voltage. Obviously their eletrofishing vessel for population studies.
But the good thing about it was the large Ausfish sticker on the transom.8-)
Steve,! youve got members everywhere , Well done its a great site, and provides hours of entertainment every week.

rando
Hands up, who is the Ausfisher in DPI&F??? ;D
r

kingtin
27-07-2007, 08:34 PM
Hands up, who is the Ausfisher in DPI&F??? ;D

There's at least one that I know personally who went out of his way to PM me and help me out with all the current research that the DPI&F were undertaking to reduce by-catch.

He may prefer to be known as an Ausfisher and not as an employee of fisheries so it is not for me to reveal his identity. Suffice to say, he's a bloke who is as passionate about by-catch reduction and other issues, as he/we are about fishing.

kev

I think Sir Paul McCartney should try to put his divorce predicament into perspective. In olden days, if you were unfortunate enough to be robbed by an omniped, it would almost certainly be a pirate. At least he's going to come out of this alive. ;D

webby
27-07-2007, 08:44 PM
Most likely Brooksy
regards

blaze
27-07-2007, 09:00 PM
Maybe it was a "fisher boat" seen it under constructon last october, used for electro fishing
cheers
blaze

aussiefool
28-07-2007, 06:53 AM
while the Tailor were on at narrow neck I was check by fisheries and got talking to the bloke who is also a member here aswell. Like kev not my place to names names.... top bloke aswell

rando
28-07-2007, 09:35 AM
Yes Blaze it was one of Col's, had Fisher logos all over it .
Not as flash as his other gear though.:D

bugman
28-07-2007, 09:51 AM
Let me think - who would design a flat bottom plate allow jet boat powered by a diesel engine ........

I know only one man ..... and today he's putting a big diesel engine into a 34 foot Blackwatch.

Steven Brooks !

theoldlegend
28-07-2007, 01:51 PM
When I was working in the DPI for a short time, (sorry, I was employed there) there were quite a few people who were employed in the Fisheries Division of DPI that fished on a regular basis.

One bloke, (can't remember his name now) apparently was a gun bream fisho. I was told that this bloke knew just about everything there was to know about bream fishing. Apparently he was pretty high up the pecking order too.

TOL

bugman
28-07-2007, 04:58 PM
well that rules out Craigie on two fronts;D