PDA

View Full Version : kingfish classic

reidy
27-07-2007, 01:36 PM
Hi all
Has anybody out there heard of the tamar river kingfish classic in tassie.I have heard it is run by a tasssie fishing identity by the name of carl hyland.
any info?eg when,entry fees etc.
cheers all

Marlin_Mike
27-07-2007, 02:23 PM
Never heard of it mate................... but then i never been to Tassie either LOL.....:):):)

I aM SURE blaze or snelly know of it

Mike

blaze
27-07-2007, 03:02 PM
annual event , fished at the heads of the tamar river and off shore to some extent. never fished it , always said I would one day. The thing that stops me is I dont fish comps. Maybe around november? (grey matter not remembering well) maybe even more toward march as thats about the time they are on the NW of tassie, dont ya gotta hate it when the mind start to go. Now what was you asking about, Any of the local (launceston ) tackle shop could help you with dates.
cheers
blaze

reidy
30-07-2007, 08:59 AM
Thanks for the info blaze
It was run in dec. No bloody kingies around the heads at this time. No kingies ever lifted onto the scales in any of few years it ran for.I wonder what happened to the donated prizes?
Just trying to sus it out.
Cheers mate

Noelm
02-08-2007, 10:54 AM
hhmm isn't the Tamar River at Hobart? if so, then why would a "local" at Launceston have info? not trying to crap on anyone here, just seems a bit strange!

blaze
02-08-2007, 11:12 AM
hhmm isn't the Tamar River at Hobart? if so, then why would a "local" at Launceston have info? not trying to crap on anyone here, just seems a bit strange!
tamar river is at launceston, hobart is built on the derwent
cheers
blaze

Noelm
02-08-2007, 01:24 PM
OH OK, must be confused, my mind must be going too!

Noelm
02-08-2007, 01:25 PM
what is even more "spooky" is I was just down there not too long ago and went to both places.