PDA

View Full Version : Craazzzy!!!

rando
26-07-2007, 09:58 PM
CHECK THIS OUT http://youtube.com/watch?v=tvyRypo6YqA.

rando
26-07-2007, 10:06 PM
I DIDNT SEE HIS MATES RUSHING TO HELP WHEN THAT BIG BASTARD WAS TRYING TO EAT HIM:o
I REACON HE WOULD HAVE FILLED THAT WHEELY BIN;D

Wahoo
26-07-2007, 10:13 PM
thanks Rando
did i see a polly in there somewhere ;D

there some huge sharks in there :o,was that the GBR? with all them yellow tail should be some nice coral trout hideing around

Daz

rando
26-07-2007, 10:16 PM
Mate I just stumbled across it ,I dont know anything about it except that those guys either have very big B...s or very small brains!!!

theclick
26-07-2007, 10:31 PM
My pants would be filling up if i were anywhere near a big tiger like that... those guys/gals got balls

thatp1g
26-07-2007, 11:00 PM
kcuf that !

I have a very simple arrangement with sharks.

I don't go where they eat and they don't sit next to me in restaurants.

We have got along great so far.

Beautiful creatures and all but did those guys not read the fine print. Sharks eat stuff. Lots of stuff. People included if you piss them off.

rando
26-07-2007, 11:29 PM
Did a bit of digging,, filmed in Beqa lagoon in Fiji,
Its a commercial shark dive operation , hope they have plenty of P.L insurance cause one day the shit is going to hit the fan.

breamnut
27-07-2007, 07:02 AM
those sharks like to head but those camera's

Marlin_Mike
27-07-2007, 07:06 AM
di******s......................... crazy barstards....................... nice wheelie bin :)

Nice place to drop a line, some nice fish there

Mike

Timfishin4fun
20-08-2007, 04:41 PM
1st diver says to the other : oh sh!t were out of food.
2nd diver says : back to the boat then.
1st diver : you lead the way
2nd diver : no after you
1st diver : no I insist
2nd diver : no you go i'll just tidy up the wheelie bin
1st diver : no F@$ing way this was your stupid idea.
LOL that was great.

tunaticer
20-08-2007, 05:55 PM
Somehow I get the feeling that that big shark with the crook jaw has been fed an awful lot over a very long time to get that placid.

I've been down on the reefs several times and had a big cruiser come thru and they don't behave like that, they are edgey critters and quite wary of ppl. They always scare the crap outa me on the first sighting of them every time then I force myself to relax and not tense up and things get surreal and peaceful again.

i've once had the opportunity to see wild sharks in a feeding mood near me and they dont behave like on that vid albeit they were whalers and not a huge tiger shark.

I would like to see a tiger that size but I'm buggered if i would every try to hand feed the prick.

I got a question tho.............Has anyone got any confirmed proven tiger shark attacks on humans?? There have been lots of tigers caught with pieces of humans inside them but as far as i can tell not one fair dinkum attack on a human. Are they more or less a scavenger for human parts?

Jack.

bdowdy
20-08-2007, 05:59 PM
holy sh...t thats aquick way to lose a arm or should i say half a body BLOODY HUGE and to think i spent 2 weeks in fiji and only ever saw one reef shark while diving F....CK... cheers bdowdy andthanks for sharing...?????/

bdowdy
20-08-2007, 09:50 PM
what area of fiji is that taken

Far side
21-08-2007, 05:58 AM
To bad for the next poor BST that dives on that reef there will be a bunch of sharks expecting a feed. I know what they will be eating next. Why cant people leave wild life alone. Look at the dingos on fraser what next we will have to kill them when someone gets taken.
If that was taken in FIJI then totally brainless I would hate to have any sort of trauma surgery in a fiji hospital

rando
22-08-2007, 04:03 PM
Jack
Some years ago a trawler went down up north and the crew clung to a big esky for a couple of days. There were three of them , two blokes and a girl. A big tiger stalked them for days then eventually ate two of them. The remaining bloke got into the esky and eventually was able to swim to an island, and was rescued.He never went back to sea after. His name was Ray Boundy I think.

As to the location, Beqa lagoon ,Fiji.
Those first big sharks are Bulls,the thing that bogles me is they keep feeding them even after a couple of them "switch on".
You can sea the change in behaviour, the snapping jaws, swimming erraticaly and more swiftly,and of course the repeated attempts by that tiger to "have a go" at the diver.
One day, one of those sharks will take it into his head he wants "diver dinner" , not fish and all hell will break loose. Big sharks rushing in to compete with each other.... then what do you do.

jackextracter
06-09-2007, 09:02 PM
I hate tigers one year up north one kept swiming around our boat and wouldnt piss off kept eating all our fingermark,good film but looks like some nice trevs swiming around.

Kurichan
13-10-2007, 02:38 PM
I've dived a fair bit - seen a few sharks around too, but I usually maintain that its the shark you don't see that's gonna get you - but this is obviously an unnatural situation for everyone involved.

As some have said if / when that shark decides he's pissed off / hungry / or just a bit inquisitive it'll end ugly. But at least there'll be great footage in the camera for whoever is brave enough to retrieve it !

cuzzamundi
01-11-2007, 02:56 PM
Absolte idiots - shouldn't be hand feeding bulls and tigers and getting them used to associating humans with food. just wannabe heroes if you ask me.

tunaticer,

as has been said, there was the ray boundy attack. also, a number of eyewitnessed tiger attacks in hawaii, and of course, qld. they do attack humans without hesitation if they are willing.

cuzza

pog mo hoin
05-11-2007, 02:34 PM
You guys are talking like fishermen not like Divers, I have done similar non staged dives up around Lizard and Orpheus Islands, if you are cool calm and collected you can enjoy all that is down there. I have done hundreds of night dives as well and come across plenty of Tigers, they are more interested in Turtles and the like.

rando
08-11-2007, 11:12 AM
Pog mo hoin

Watch it a couple of times and see just how often the sharks "Have a go"!...
now imagine a less experienced diver or one isolated from a group or one without something to push the shark off, or heaven forbid a swimmer encountering these educated sharks.

Most of the sharks in the clip are displaying threatening behaviors ,,, pectoral fins down, snapping jaws, fast, and or erratic swimming.
Just remember ,, one slip & your dead.

rando
08-11-2007, 03:32 PM
Oh Yeah
I just watched it again,I still find it fascinating.
Have a look about 3/4 of the way through, there is a shot of most the divers clustered together,
Check their body language, I reacon they are all wondering
" How the F... do I get out of here"

Lutjanus johnii
08-11-2007, 04:03 PM
Don't Tigers migrate to NQ in summer. I'm sure they will remember there holiday in Fiji.

insideout
08-11-2007, 05:27 PM
great footage! would not catch me doing it though.....good to see there are still some crazy people out there to get that sort of footage that puts us on the edge of our seats! Although , its all fun and games till somebody looses a limb......

pog mo hoin
08-11-2007, 09:44 PM
What you have to remember that this is a tourist attraction dive, all the huddled together divers are certified open water divers that have chosen to pay to attend a shark feeding dive, the handlers / wranglers are the guys feeding the sharks, they do it every day and are very experienced and well educated, and love their sharks, they all have names and certain personality traits, it's a bit like skydiving, why jump out of perfectly good airplane. But talk to anybody who has done just a tandom.
My two cents worth

rando
09-11-2007, 09:34 AM
I wonder if the sharks have names for the divers:

Entree, Main, Dessert
perhaps;D;D
rando

Cammy
21-11-2007, 08:49 PM
i would try that sort of thing, with big tigers and whalers......IN A CAGE!!!

nah seriously i would try that.

cam

Little grey men
23-11-2007, 01:55 PM
I would scream like a woman from the very moment I entered the water, I would only stop screaming when on dry land, then I would just sit down, grab my knees and rock back and forth with my thumb in my mouth..........don't much care for sharks.:-/

griz066
03-12-2007, 02:01 PM
There aint enough $$$$$$$$$$$$$ in the world to make me do that

The Red Herring
06-04-2008, 10:58 PM
What is the music that is playing. There are two tracks, wat are they called , who performs them and what are the albums called.

viking08
07-04-2008, 12:52 AM
Cheers (I think).....

Almost makes me want to buy a rubish bin boat, no malice intended to all those out there....

Bubba Gump
07-04-2008, 09:35 AM
I have watched something very similar off Mana Island in Fiji, mind you I was in a glass bottomed boat!

SgBFish
07-04-2008, 08:34 PM
Rando
Having been to Fiji a few times and done a few dives in my day I would reckon your risks of serious injury are lower with the sharks than on the roads.
Cuzza I think you are right I’m keen to see sharks associating people with food. Having said that a recreational diver on the bottom is pretty safe. I’ve only seen two sharks on dives I didn’t deliberately go looking for.

whiting-wizard
16-04-2008, 11:10 PM
Hmmm that would be so cool even tho i'd be sh**ing my pants ;D

Apollo
17-04-2008, 07:02 AM
Back in the very early 90's, I was doing a Sydney to Mooloolaba yacht race an early morning, we had a very big Tiger following very close to the yacht for 10-15min. Guessing it was around 16' long. After not getting a feed from us, it turned off to the west towards Straddy (less than half a mile away). Heard the next day that a young fellow on his honeymoon was taken by a large tiger off Straddy about an hour after and adjacent to where this one left us. May not have been the same one, but that is good enough for me to never be convinced that I should go into the water when shark want something to eat.

TimiBoy
17-04-2008, 01:07 PM
I love boats, love the sea. But I never, NEVER, get in the water.

I like my place at the top of the food chain, and I ain't leaving it!!

reel scream
10-07-2008, 01:04 AM
If that was me in the water all you would see is a brown cloud!!

scott

jareyjareyjareyjarey
12-07-2008, 07:31 PM
To bad for the next poor BST that dives on that reef there will be a bunch of sharks expecting a feed. I know what they will be eating next. Why cant people leave wild life alone. Look at the dingos on fraser what next we will have to kill them when someone gets taken.
If that was taken in FIJI then totally brainless I would hate to have any sort of trauma surgery in a fiji hospital

yeah they are brain deads with balls!

Benno1
24-07-2008, 12:59 PM
looks like the big female has had a run in with a wire trace...i think operations like this is just asking...no BEGGING for trouble...the men and women in grey suits get fed enough out there in the big blue without peeps going down there encouraging a feeding frenzy...
(Mrs Benno1)

garman1
24-07-2008, 01:49 PM
A few weeks ago it was a gaff stuck in a sharks stomach..... would a wheelie bin fit in a sharks mouth ????? or how long would a nikon camera take to break down in a sharks stomach. Just wondering........................................

cherrs Garry