PDA

View Full Version : Bluefin Predator 4.5 or Seascape Frontier

Herks
25-07-2007, 07:40 PM
Hi All,

Would anyone have any comments about these 2 boats as far as there suitability for both estuary and inshore work. Ta.

Dan5
25-07-2007, 09:25 PM
G'day Herk's,i have recently bought the Blue fin warrior 4.5 with 60 hp 4strk motor and it's the same hull as the Predator.They are very well suited to bay/estuary work very stable and high sided and a pretty smooth ride also and well built.As for the seascape i don't know sorry i've never had anything to do with them.Dan.....

Poseidon
26-07-2007, 09:25 AM
Don't know anything about the Frontier however you wouldn't be disapointed with the Bluefin. I have the 4.35 Wildcat with a 60 4 stroke and as Dan has said the stability of the Bluefins are great for estuary and a bit of lumpy stuff.

Regards Cameron.

bluefin59
26-07-2007, 05:11 PM
Hi mate i have the predator same as a warrior but has the sideconsole iv done 400 hrs over 3 yrs and nearly all bay work and she has stood up to the punishment really well dont know anything about the seascape but with the money i saved buying the fin in comparison to a quintrex i bought a few extra luxuries bowmount and colour sounder all round great boat I.M.O ....8-) 8-) 8-) matt

45scape
27-07-2007, 08:34 AM
Hey mate i went through the same process in march of this year. I chose the seascape with a 50hp E-tec, llive bait well, sounder, safety gear and trailer for 21,000. In my opinion the seascape is a better boat in rougher conditions due to its extra weight and more agressive bow over the bluefin, as well as its 4mm plate bottom. I take my boat out off the tweed 2 to 3 times a week and cannot fault it. the Seascape brand is a little unkown to most and should be noted that it is made by TABS and both share the same hull. So the real question is bluefin or Tabs. Should also add that i think the blufin is a nice boat and have nothing against them, but if your looking at outside work there are better boats.

Herks
27-07-2007, 07:52 PM
Thanks Guys, 45Scape I was wondering what sought of conditions you have had the Frontier out in and what dealer you went through. Ta.

Also how does the 50hp perform on it?

45scape
28-07-2007, 08:45 AM
Herks, Have had it out in some pretty ordinary conditions. biggest swell was around 2.5 meters and was fine, worst experience was in about a 2 meter swell with holes everywhere and the wind was up to about 20kts. Got home fine it was just a bit uncomfortable and wet, i have done this trip in similar conditions in a 4m bluefin and it felt like my kidneys were going to explode. The motor is perfectly suited to the boat for what i need it to do. Originally had a 15 pitch on it and it struggled to get on the plane, changed to the 13 and jumps out of the hole maxing out at 47km/h at 5700rpm. The bar i cross is kingscliff which breaks right across it in all conditions so hole shot is vital. The boat cuts through the white water with ease and gives a soft landing on those bigger waves i have had to punch over. Although i have had two come over the front and drench the deckies and have had daylight between me and the water. overall the boat is very stable and predictable.
I purchased the boat from Australian Marine Centre at springwood and have been happy with their after sales service. Drop in and have a talk to Rod, and dont forget to squeeze them for as much as you can.