PDA

View Full Version : t top

sid_fishes
24-07-2007, 08:48 PM
hey guys , well while i,m not playing with other peoples boats,bikes and cars i thought i would make a t/top that folds down for my c/c so i can still put her in the garage. the 2 front bars have a nylon insert and pivot of the front of the console, 2 back bars [ which i,m working on at the moment] will pivot from the top of the console , the top has 2 grab rails attached to the sides , plates for 27 meg and vhf areials ,gps dome mount, and a mount for a led light are done ,it just needs anchor light and nav light brackets some bracing and a shit load of polishing. cheers ian

leezor
24-07-2007, 08:52 PM
As per usual, great work Ian! You should consider doing this sort of stuff for a living mate :)

Wahoo
25-07-2007, 06:47 AM
nice work Ian, we are building one for my new boat ATM ( center Console ) and we put in the nylon inserts, but mine slides up n down
keep them pics comming

Daz

finga
25-07-2007, 07:01 AM
Excellent again matey.
Can't wait for the finished piccies :)
Yeah, you should consider this type of work as a career path.
You may just do OK at it :)
before you say anything...Leezor started it ;D
I reckon the grab rails will be really welcome by the deckies of the future :)

Deiter
25-07-2007, 01:11 PM
Looks good Ian!!

You have me intrigued though - where can i get some of those new lights like you have sitting in the middle of those two inside pics???? Do they work well???;D ;D

Damo

finga
25-07-2007, 01:48 PM
:o:o Begora I've just noticed something truely shocking....:o:o
Bloody Ian drinks NSW reject anti-freeze......Toohey's New.....HolyGutRot Batman!!!

Now I need to know how can you do such good work with that in ya guts or is it the stripper to get all the crud of the stainless before you polish??

wessel
25-07-2007, 01:48 PM
How do you weld the amber coloured light mounting onto the frame?

;D

Wessel

PS: great looking job mate. What grade material are you using?

sid_fishes
25-07-2007, 05:11 PM
wessel mate i dont weld it , just use mega poxy, and scott why would i drink that stuff with xxxx,s .they just bottle brisbane creek water with bubbles,its almost as low as shark shit . ian

Noha
28-07-2007, 08:48 AM
top job there , any chance of a pic showing the pivot points as i wont to make my own fold down jobbie and need a few ideas. cheers