PDA

View Full Version : Fitting out my first Tinny.

crazboutfishin
23-07-2007, 09:16 PM
Well finally the time arrived for me to start my fitout on my first boat (375 Horizon dingy.) I bought the hull and trailer a few months back from Col at Fisher boats and it has been sitting in our shed gathering dust while i slowly saved for the powerplant. Ive just started the fitout on it which includes, floor, hinged front panel inbetween the front thwart and anchor well, a bracket for the sounder and a few extra's. The following pics should tell the story.

Cheers
Crazy

crazboutfishin
23-07-2007, 09:18 PM
Pic 1 - We took the boat back up to Fisher to get the supports welded in as we dont have an ally welder. This is around half way through the construction

id like to thank the Col and the Fisher team for there support and help. Thanks to Col and Max for the advice and help with the motor and also to Ralph for the awesome job on the supports.

crazboutfishin
23-07-2007, 09:19 PM
Pic 2 - The donk (15hp Suzy 2 stroke) I could have sworn it was glowing when that box got opened. ;D ;D

crazboutfishin
23-07-2007, 09:21 PM
Pic 3 - During the pre-delivery test we decided we'd better try the motor out on a polycraft before we put it on the Horizon;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :P :P :P :P :P

crazboutfishin
23-07-2007, 09:22 PM
Pic 4 - Finished product

crazboutfishin
23-07-2007, 09:24 PM
Pic 5 - With the motor on and ready to head back home

crazboutfishin
23-07-2007, 09:53 PM
Pic 6 - Cutting and measuring the front hinged panel and bulk head

crazboutfishin
23-07-2007, 09:55 PM
Pic 7 - Cutting and measuring the front section of the floor (2 piece floor running horizontally)

crazboutfishin
23-07-2007, 09:56 PM
Pic 8, 9 - All in place and ready to Seal!!!! ;D ;D

crazboutfishin
23-07-2007, 09:57 PM
Now all thats left is the carpeting, screwing in, bracket for the sounder and other minor fitout. MORE PICS COMING SOOOONNN!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D :o

Tangles
23-07-2007, 10:05 PM
looking good,
mike

seajay535
23-07-2007, 10:06 PM
should come up a treat once all finished.good job

finga
24-07-2007, 06:16 AM
Yep starting to look real good. :)
It makes you feel really good when you do the work yourself doesn't it :)
......Glowing motor....you haven't really been looking forward to getting it have you ;D
I can't wait for the next installment of pictures :)
Well done!!
Cheers Scott :)
PS the poly boat isn't much good...no rod holders ;)

crazboutfishin
24-07-2007, 06:13 PM
Aigusto, Thanks.

Seajay535, Hopefully it will. Im itching to get it in the water

Finga, It certainly does. Very rewarding. I havent been looking forward to the motor that much. Just a couple of dreams here and there. ;D ;D ;D
hahaha yeh we also found that the poly wasnt to seaworthy either. always wanted to go on its side. lol.;D ;D

Also I better reiterate my thanks to Mike (Marlin_Mike) for the ply. Couldnt have done it without him.

Cheers
Crazy

Ian1
25-07-2007, 10:39 AM
Pic 3 - During the pre-delivery test we decided we'd better try the motor out on a polycraft before we put it on the Horizon;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :P :P :P :P :P

LOL!! Nice one. I'm surprised that hasn't got a bit from the poly owners. Not like Col to sell you a Suzy!;)

Cheers

Ian

crazboutfishin
25-07-2007, 06:31 PM
Haha, i know i thought it was going to be good thread starter. lol.

Yeh Col said he just had one lying around. hahaha.

Cheers
Crazy

lifestyle
25-07-2007, 06:59 PM
Doing a very nice job there. Im looking around for a 375tinnie at the moment what made you choose horizan. Im looking at the seajay nomad or ally craft cody at the moment. Thanks Lifestyle

crazboutfishin
25-07-2007, 09:11 PM
Lifestyle, I did exactly what you did aswell. Did some research and finally came to my choice. One thing i decided on was that i definately wanted welded thwarts so this narrowed it down to around 3 or 4 brands. I like the Blue Fin as it had side pockets which was good. I chose the Horizon for a couple of reasons. I wanted the Angler version of the Horizon which has rod holders, 1.8m beam and a deeper hull but I was unaware there was also a dingy model and this is what i ended up with. The dingy version has 1.6m beam and a shallower hull and no rod holders. this doesnt bother me as i would rather a hull with a flatter bottom for more stability. The Horizon's quality I believed was to be the best.

Cheers
Crazy

crazboutfishin
28-07-2007, 06:08 PM
Alrighty. Sorry bout the delay. Heres the next installment of piccies. Not far to go now.

Front hinged section, bottom bulk head and carpeted seat in place (front of seat hasnt been glued down yet.

crazboutfishin
28-07-2007, 06:10 PM
Better add that one in...

crazboutfishin
28-07-2007, 06:12 PM
Front hinged section.

crazboutfishin
28-07-2007, 06:13 PM
Storage underneath front hinged section.

crazboutfishin
28-07-2007, 06:15 PM
Overveiw

Alrighty there we go! Tell us what you think.

Cheers
Crazy

Dan5
28-07-2007, 07:34 PM
Look's good mate,it's good fun tinkering around with your new toy's.I noticed the glue you are using for your carpet it's good stuff that one i used it on a few boat's including my own it's much better than the selly's stuff.Have you thought about a ally floor instead of the timber?And some foam tape on the framework under whatever material you use is good also it make's the floor fit nice and snug.Keep up the good work mate and enjoy.Dan.........

crazboutfishin
28-07-2007, 08:23 PM
Thanks Dan, it certainly is fun...but so nervracking! haha. I couldnt resist i had to go and glue down the front part just then. haha. yeh the glue has been really great. no peel ups or anything. I didnt consider ally no, probably not a bad idea now that you mention it. the problem is ive cut all the timber and purchased everything and for a 15 year olds budget to stretch to ally...hahaha. pretty self explanitory. lol. That foam tape idea sounds great becuase i have noticed when i lay the floor in it tends to have a rise up in the middle so that might be the go. Thanks for the advice.

Crazy

dogsbody
29-07-2007, 09:01 AM
Looks good Crazy i noticed you said were going to screw in the floor. Have a think about that if it's cut around the ribs it's not going to go anywhere and it makes it easier to get out if need be.

On mine i didn't use screws and it doesn't move a bit it's also got a storage section in the middle that can pull out completely.

When the floors done you'll have to sort out the electrics. More tinkering woohoo.

crazboutfishin
29-07-2007, 06:30 PM
Looks good Crazy i noticed you said were going to screw in the floor. Have a think about that if it's cut around the ribs it's not going to go anywhere and it makes it easier to get out if need be.

On mine i didn't use screws and it doesn't move a bit it's also got a storage section in the middle that can pull out completely.

When the floors done you'll have to sort out the electrics. More tinkering woohoo.

Dogsbody, i was going to screw down the floor but now that you say that... one question though. i bought some rubber stripping from work today to lay out as Dan said because when i lay the floor in there is a rise up in the middle. This raise up was the whole reason i was going to screw it in. With this foam do u think it will fill that gap because if it does i may aswell just not screw it in. Are you sure it wouldnt bounce around???

I was thinking of putting a storage section in later on...maybe even a live bait tank underneath but thats down the track.

Yeh i do have a sounder to put in...ill have to ask around on how to install that. Any opinions???

PS. I love the carpet!!!

Cheers
Crazy

dogsbody
30-07-2007, 05:17 PM
Once you got all your gear in it should be sweet. The tape will do it's job just a matter of putting it in the right spot. If it does bounce around then i pity the poor blokes kidneys up front, SLOW DOWN ;D.

On the sounder side of things a RAM bracket is the go you can swivel it around where you need it great if your throwing the cast net. Cost about$60-$70 bucks.

Dave.

crazboutfishin
30-07-2007, 05:47 PM
Dave, do you seriosuly think a 15 yr old just getting his first boat is really going to flatten it??? hahahahaha. And as for those kidney's. There going to be dads. hahaha. The swivel system sounds great. What about the process of fitting it in??? just run a single battery and run the cables up through the gunnels????

Cheers
Blake

finga
30-07-2007, 05:59 PM
For the wiring I use that split loom tube and there are little mounts you can pop rivet in the gunnel channel and the loom tube can be cable tied to these little gismos.
Looks neat and tidy and really easy to update or change the wiring.
I'll get some pictures of what I'm talking about tomorrow.
Where are you Blake??
PS what glue is that??

dogsbody
30-07-2007, 07:29 PM
Here's a pic of the bracket depending where you put it you can rivet or bolt on.

Up the gunnels is fine, use some tubing like finga said.

My old man is a bit precious about his kidneys as well. ;D

Dave.

crazboutfishin
30-07-2007, 09:09 PM
Finga, sounds good. Dad has that on the Fisher and it looks great. Im on the northside of Brisbane. I cant actualy remember the brand of the glue. ill find out and get back to you.

Dave, Thanks for that. Ill pretty much definatly be getting one of those. Yeh the get more protective as they age. lol.

CHeers
Blake

Greg P
30-07-2007, 09:30 PM
Going to be a good set up Blake. I got my first Clark tinnie at your age but I had to row it everywhere from out the front of Loders Creek Caravan Park for the first 12 months till I saved for a 7.5hp merc - nothing like your own boat mate.

crazboutfishin
30-07-2007, 09:54 PM
Greg, Hopefully it should be. That woulda been good fitness. lol. Im so excited to get it in the water. I was scared for the first couple of months that i may have had to row it. haha.

Cheers
Blake

crazboutfishin
31-07-2007, 06:20 PM
Finga, the glue is "Parfix" Fast grip contact adheasive.

Cheers
Blake

finga
31-07-2007, 07:40 PM
I made this box in the first picture to put the sounder and GPS on. It gave them some protection and gave me some storage.

The second picture is of the first version which is under the house somewhere and if it's of any use to you it's yours.

The fuse thingo box screws onto the seat and the sounder bracket uses a couple of brackets that slides in the gunnels for fixing.
The only thing missing out of the panel is the fuses and switches but they're available anywhere.
You can see that split loom tube in the gunnels

crazboutfishin
31-07-2007, 08:29 PM
Finga that looks awesome. Where are you located? If you arent far away dad said it should be fine. He has a really busy period coming up so if you are a far way away I probably wont be able to get to it for a while. Do you think i would just need the bracket section rather than the box as i will just have the sounder and no other electronics??? PM me RE your location if you prefer. Thanks for this.

Cheers
Blake

finga
01-08-2007, 06:18 AM
Bracket would do just fine for the sounder and I'm at Loganholme.
I can bung it in the post if that suits better.

crazboutfishin
01-08-2007, 06:59 AM
Finga, that would be awesome if you could send it. The adress is PO Box 2105 Fortitude Valley Qld 4006. I can do a direct deposit into your bank account for the postage. PM me with the details.

Cheers
Blake

finga
01-08-2007, 07:07 AM
I'll see if I can get that done today.
I hope it's still there and I haven't chopped it up for something else :-/

You better measure the inside of the gunnels (ie inside width and height) to see if the sliding plates I made for it will fit your boat. If not I can make some new ones before I post.

385EXPLORER
01-08-2007, 07:58 AM
crazy,looks tops,I've been wanting to put a floor in my tinny for ages but every spare day i get i'm fishin.wonderin what the floor costed (material and welding) I got a quote for a ready made one from quintrex bout $400odd.

crazboutfishin
01-08-2007, 07:43 PM
finga, sorry i didnt reply. Mum said i couldnt go on the net till id done home work. ;D ;D The gunnels are 23mm high and 14mm wide. Is this ok??

385Explorer, im actually not sure how much the floor costed as dad sorted it all out and got the welding done as a present.

Cheers
Blake

crazboutfishin
01-08-2007, 07:54 PM
Here is the final product. All the pics are just different veiws.

Heres the rear hinged section of the floor.

crazboutfishin
01-08-2007, 07:58 PM
The rest are pretty self explanitry.

Now all thats left is the sounder and we are set. Should have it in the water on Saturday.

Cheers
Blake

finga
01-08-2007, 08:23 PM
Well hasn't the boat come up a treat. :)
Good on ya mum for getting Blakes Priorities right...homework then chores then leisure. :)

Mate, I think there maybe some thing astray with the measurements. Can you get a picture of a tape next to the gunnel??

Gees on the water by the week-end...I better get to the PO tomorrow for sure then.

You've exceeded the level of professionalism that a lot of older blokes would have shown with the job you've done on this boat Blake. You should be extremely proud of your handywork.

bushbeachboy
01-08-2007, 08:36 PM
Crazy,
That is one nice looking setup mate. You should be proud of your efforts.
Cheers
Craig aka BBB
Proud Polycraft Owner

crazboutfishin
01-08-2007, 08:37 PM
Thanks finga. im just happy its finally done!!! lol. Do you mean a tape from the floor to the top of the side of the hull??

Cheers
Blake

crazboutfishin
01-08-2007, 08:44 PM
Thanks Craig. Im really happy with the way it turned out.

Cheers
Blake

crazboutfishin
01-08-2007, 08:54 PM
Is this what you meant Finga?

finga
02-08-2007, 06:19 AM
Yep, the last picture is what I needed.
It better be in the post today eh :)

rando
02-08-2007, 12:20 PM
Good Job Blake!!!
Finga, you are one of natures gentlemen!!!

finga
02-08-2007, 12:22 PM
Blake, I'm in strife.
I've given the gismo away by the looks but all is not lost.
If you draw a picture of what YOU want I'll make it and post it next week so you'll have it by next week-end at the latest.
Have a think about what you want as I'll make it Monday or Tuesday and post it Wednesday.
Still free if you want to pay for postage.
Why free?? Because I stuffed up and a young bloke should be rewarded for doing something worthwhile with his time rather then getting into trouble :)
Sorry for the stuff up little matey :(

Juzo
02-08-2007, 12:48 PM
nice work there Blake, hope my boat reno's (when I do em), come up as professional as that.

Your a good man finga.

Juzo

finga
02-08-2007, 12:54 PM
I wouldn't ask the people who p!ss me off if I'm a good bloke or not.
I'm just trying to give a young bloke doing the right thing a reward for doing the right thing. :)
And karma is going to get me an old man snapper tomorrow... 10kg at least ;D

crazboutfishin
02-08-2007, 02:42 PM
Thanks for your comments guys. Look what your doing Finga!! im secretly going on this site at school. ;D ;D Thanks so much for this Finga, like all the others say...you are a true gentlemen. I will talk to dad tonight and have a look at it. There is no doubt you'll land some big fish tomorrow. if theres anything i can do to repay then just name it.

Cheers
Blake

finga
02-08-2007, 02:53 PM
Thanks for your comments guys. Look what your doing Finga!! im secretly going on this site at school. ;D ;D Thanks so much for this Finga, like all the others say...you are a true gentlemen. I will talk to dad tonight and have a look at it. There is no doubt you'll land some big fish tomorrow. if theres anything i can do to repay then just name it.

Cheers
Blake
Get off the school computers would be a start young fella ;)

dogsbody
02-08-2007, 05:15 PM
Gee she's come up a treat Blake. Well done mate. Keep us updated on your progress.

Dave.

crazboutfishin
02-08-2007, 05:37 PM
Thanks Dave, shall do.

Blake

crazboutfishin
02-08-2007, 08:36 PM
Finga, i had a think and i reckon if you are able to build something like that original bracket that would be perfect. Did you need any other meauserments??

thanks
Blake

bushbeachboy
03-08-2007, 08:48 AM
Finga,
You are a true gentleman and an example for all of us, looking after a young bloke like that. Good effort mate!!!!!!!8-)

finga
03-08-2007, 10:13 AM
Finga, i had a think and i reckon if you are able to build something like that original bracket that would be perfect. Did you need any other meauserments??

thanks
Blake
Nope and will be done ASAP so you can get it going matey :D.
Ooh, how high is the sounder monitor??
So I can make so the top of the monitor is just below gunnel height so you can't knock it off by any means. Or would you like the monitor sitting up high above gunnel height??
And how wide would you like the little 'shelfy' bit that the monitor sits on??
So I should have said yes in the first sentence shouldn't have I ::)

Kleyny
03-08-2007, 10:18 AM
Blake, I'm in strife.
I've given the gismo away by the looks but all is not lost.
If you draw a picture of what YOU want I'll make it and post it next week so you'll have it by next week-end at the latest.
Have a think about what you want as I'll make it Monday or Tuesday and post it Wednesday.
Still free if you want to pay for postage.
Why free?? Because I stuffed up and a young bloke should be rewarded for doing something worthwhile with his time rather then getting into trouble :)
Sorry for the stuff up little matey :(

This is the reason i joined this site.
The amount of people that are willing to give over their knowledge for little to no reward.
Yes there is a few negatives every now and again but mostly a great source of fishing and related knowledge.

Crazy good to see your passionate about something other than computer games, keep up the good work. You'll have to get piccies of the launch and of course the first of many fish (no matter what size or sort)

neil

crazboutfishin
03-08-2007, 10:25 PM
Hey Finga, Sorry i havent replied (AGAIN!!) I had work tonight. Good old Bunnings likes to keep me on late cause im cheap. hahahha. I will get those measurements tomorrow morning straihgt away. i Probably would like it to be sitting just under the gunnel. Thanks

Honky Dory, i know what you mean. The kindness and generosity on this site has blown me away. it really does make the Australian mateship saying really stand out. And as for computer games...i hate the things! lol.

CHeers
Blake

crazboutfishin
04-08-2007, 07:59 AM
Hey Finga, those measurements are 230mm high (including base) and for the shelf i measured to have it come out 110mm.

Cheers
Blake

finga
04-08-2007, 10:24 AM
Mate, I might make that gismo two things wide so if (or is that when) you get a GPS you have a spot to mount it too.
I might even bung a little shelf under for the knives etc. Are you allowed to have a knive??
One more measurement please.
If you bung a big carboard box on the floor and against the hull at the bottom can you measure the gap between the gunnel and side of the box (at the same height of the gunnel). Make sure ths is done where you want the gismo as the gap (or taper) varies along the boat.
This is so I can put a taper on the back of the gismo so it fits in the boat nice.

That 110mm coming out does that allow for the sounder to swivel or to mount the sounder at an angle so you can see the bugger from where you steer??

:)

crazboutfishin
04-08-2007, 05:28 PM
Hey finga. you wont believe what happened today! I was getting the boat ready to go out for its debut run when work called and said If i could come in!! So ive been at work all day and just arroved home and now i have to get ready to go out with mum and dad. I dont quite understand the measurement that you want (probably easy but im just slow) lol. NOw that i think of it i probably didnt leave enough room for swivel. Do you think an extra 50mm should do it?

Cheers
Blake

finga
04-08-2007, 06:48 PM
I'll do the width the same as mine eh :)
The distance I'm looking for is the measurement between the box and the side of the boat as shown in this simple picture.
Ta matey :)

crazboutfishin
04-08-2007, 09:14 PM
Hey Finga, that measurement is 111mm. Sorry i didnt understand the first time.

Cheers
Blake

finga
05-08-2007, 08:23 AM
Goodo :)
Off to the dungeon tomorrow as today I BBQ :)

sid_fishes
05-08-2007, 03:56 PM
scott, seeing as you are in a i,ll look after the young bloke frame of mind , do you thing you can knock up a plate boat, just like a fisher 680 maxi for me thanks ian

crazboutfishin
05-08-2007, 04:18 PM
Well today was the maiden voyage of "Crazy" (i decided to call it that) and man was it fun! ;D ;D Got up around 6 and left around 7. We put in at Dohles Rocks (not sure how u spell it) and went for a run out into the bay then headed back up the river. It planes very easily at around half throttle or a bit less and is fine with two people in it. i was suprised to find that with the casting deck up front, if two people sat on the back thwart we picked up speed but the nose also went down aswell. This made it much for effective and i would think much more fuel efficient rather than having the bow bury into the water with a person up front. We just lure fished and hooked one nearly legal flattie. Hopefully plenty more to come. Here are some pics.

finga
05-08-2007, 04:49 PM
scott, seeing as you are in a i,ll look after the young bloke frame of mind , do you thing you can knock up a plate boat, just like a fisher 680 maxi for me thanks ian
Mate yours is straight after mine. ;)
Is that 6.8m or 680mm??::)
At least I have the right surname for that job ;D

Blake, mate looks a treat eh...bit bright though everybody will have to wear sunnies when they're near you.
At least with catching only one fish the kill count can only get better (hopefully). ;D

crazboutfishin
05-08-2007, 09:29 PM
Thanks Finga. yeh it was my first attempt at lure fishing and although we only got one we still had heaps of hits and it was fun as!

Cheers
Blake

nthqld
05-08-2007, 10:48 PM
Hey Crazy...looks good..well done.
It sounds like you may need to trim the motor out a bit with it running bow down.

With my 4mtr stessl and 25 evinrude I run it with the pin in the 2nd hole out from the transom but if there's only me in the boat I run it on the first hole out.

If I'm in any sort of sea, it's the second hole as it's to freaky and dangerous to have the bow running low.

Thats just my boat you'll have to learn your's...habits.

Have fun with it before the girlfriends come along, the boat will tend to sit in the shed when that happens and then a few years after that it's...where's my boat and then...your a true fisherman :)

withoutatrace
06-08-2007, 07:06 AM
Sorry guys, posted something in dads account.

crazboutfishin
06-08-2007, 07:10 AM
Lets try thats again.

Thanks Nthqld. I do run the motor at the moment on the second pin but maybe its different to yours??

haha what about the old buy them a present then shoot off out to the water? That never works? lol

Cheers
Blake

finga
07-08-2007, 02:27 PM
Here you go Blake...one sounder holderupera.
It's about 360mm long so a gps will fit on it as well.
The sounder should fit under the gunnel line.
Those two brackets in the picture slip into the hollow bit of the gunnel and you'll have to drill a couple of holes to suit the holderupera.
Anyways I hope it suits your needs...if not tough ;D
It should be in the post this afternoon but if not tomorrow for sure so you should have it for the week-end.
Cheers then
Scott
PS I didn't paint it...didn't know what colour ;)
PSS I might need a surname to bung on the address as well. PM me that OK ;)

crazboutfishin
07-08-2007, 05:08 PM
Scott! that looks awesome!! Holy cr^p! Thanks so much. I really appreciate it. I dont think thankyou would be enough so i dont know what to say. it just goes to show that you are a true gentlemen willing to help a young fella out. This will help me so much as i was stuck for how to install the sounder. I will be definatly be posting some pics of this! lol. Thanks so much again Scott. Will PM you details now.

Cheers
Blake

385EXPLORER
07-08-2007, 05:50 PM
yeah good stuff finga,make sure you get a patent on that holderupera.
Explorer

finga
08-08-2007, 02:12 PM
On it's way little matey :)

Blackened
08-08-2007, 03:04 PM
G'day

Scotty, you're a champion.

Well done.

Dave

crazboutfishin
08-08-2007, 06:19 PM
Thanks heaps Finga

Blackened, no doubt about it.
Cheers
Blake

crazboutfishin
09-08-2007, 07:27 PM
Mum just got home and it looks awesome!!!! bloody hell!! Thanks so much Scott. Ill have to get cracking on it. Few assignments to do before though :( lol. You gotta let me give you something for it!

Thanks
Blake

Tangles
09-08-2007, 07:30 PM
Finga that looks awesome mate,

finga
09-08-2007, 07:43 PM
Mum just got home and it looks awesome!!!! bloody hell!! Thanks so much Scott. Ill have to get cracking on it. Few assignments to do before though :( lol. You gotta let me give you something for it!

Thanks
Blake
You already have little matey.
Your thanks is enough as it's an honest, genuine thanks not a shallow thanks.
It's good to see your mum has your priorities sorted for you...school first for the time been eh :)
As I said before just the postage return is just dandy. ;D
I'm glad you like it. The similar on on my boat serves me well. I put a door the front of the shelf and keep my first aid kit in there but I'm sure you'll find stuff to shove in the shelf;)

crazboutfishin
09-08-2007, 08:18 PM
Scott. your to nice. How did you want me to pay you for the postage? Maybe just send it to you in the mail? lol. How ever you want it done is fine.

Thanks
Blake

nthqld
09-08-2007, 09:09 PM
GOOD on ya Finga...very nice to see ppl being decent to one another.

saurian
09-08-2007, 09:39 PM
Crazy, that's awsome...well done..
Scott you are awsome to....
Crazy if you are still chasing a sounder holdererupa I've got a ram bracket in a box unused somewhere( 5yrs unused) so pm if you want me to send it down.
Good to see you think polycraft are rubbish lol.............
Ta

crazboutfishin
10-08-2007, 07:06 AM
Saurian, thanks for your comments. I think illl be right for the bracket now but thankyou very much for the offer.

Thanks
Blake

finga
12-08-2007, 04:07 PM
First of all I believe in the pay it forward theory.
So I did a favour for Blake and guess what happened in the last couple of days??
Other members have done huge favours for me.
First of all I go and have a look at Grave41's fishing gear and I get a bargain.
Then Longshot has given me some items I have been searching for for awhile.
All I have to do is pick them up.
Between him and another member, Dr, I should be able to finish my project.

So the moral to the story is...pay it foward fellas, pay it forward. :D
Cheers Scott
:)

Mudguard 92
15-08-2007, 08:12 AM
Hey mate, nice boat ;D . Did you buy the motor seperate or with the boat? How much did the boat cost by itself and how much did the motor cost?

Thanks - James

crossy
01-01-2008, 10:51 PM
sorry for open up a old thread, but i have to say that is truly an impressive job on that boat there crazy. and finga if only there where more people out there like you ( that could weld that good) lol and of couse youre genoursity. im keen to know how the boat is going. and if there are any other mods to "crazy"

cheers crossy

crazboutfishin
02-01-2008, 12:35 PM
How you going Crossy?

I find it great that youve dug up this old thread. lol. And thanks for the comments. The boat is going beautifuly. I have taken it out about 5 or 6 times as i have to have dad in the boat so finding time is hard as he always wants to go out in his boat! lol. But ive got the motor run in and it runs like a dream and produces plenty of power. Since my last photo i have recieved Finga's shelf (which is awesome) and i have fitted it to one of the support beams on the side. I then have put a little Garmin 140 (I cant remember the model exactly) that i saved up for and it works very well. I am stoked with the boat and am loving every trip more and more. My family and I are currently up in Burrum Heads at the moment with both boats up here and I am itching to get some good hours up. But ofcourse this bloody weather is restricting that. So all in all the sounder and along with installing some clips for yabby pumps and landing nets ect is all that i have done. If you have anymore questions dont hesitate to ask.

Cheers
Crazy

laney
02-01-2008, 02:18 PM
great work on the fit out mate it turned out looking really good. im about to start fitting out my 385 quintrex. keep at what ya doing, i did the same thing a couple of years ago when i was 15 i just worked, saved and stayed out of trouble and was able to have my own boat and other things. now im 18 and doing it all over again with a new one.

what ply did ya use for the floor and what thickness is it? sorry if you said it and i missed it. because i'm leaning away from marine ply as it is expensive as all hell. did i read in another thread it is structural ply you used?

good luck with it mate

crazboutfishin
02-01-2008, 05:54 PM
Hey laney, thanks for your comment. Yeh thats exactly what i did. Just put all my money away and im so happy i did. Ive realised you appreciate something so much more when you work hard for it. I used Structual ply for the floor and all i did was put a marine coating callled bondall on the timber. i considered Marine ply aswell but as you said it was so pricey! The ply was 12mm.

Cheers
Crazy

crossy
02-01-2008, 06:57 PM
lol crazy, i had to save and convince the wife it was a good idea to get a boat. one thing about being in ya teens is that women dont have to much control over ur life (exept mums god bless them). i just go the ply for my casting platform and i pretty much ended up giving up. how did u get the shape of it so good?

kitch76
02-01-2008, 09:20 PM
Sweet looking fit out, I've just spent the last 30mins reading this thread from start to finnish and am quite suprised at the support that everyone has thrown in, so much so if your keen to call into glasshouse mountains on your way home I'll knock up a couple of name stickers for her. But I only have teal, dark grey and dark red vinyl at the momment and the suppliers are shut for the christmas break. I'll pm you.

crazboutfishin
03-01-2008, 08:22 AM
Hhahahahha. yeh crossy at my age the women dont really control your life. Although the nagging doesnt change throughout age i dont think. lol. yeh the structual ply worked the best. Ummm to get the shape i guess we just cut then checked and repeated that procedure taking small bits off at a time.

Kitch76
The support that i recieved was astonishing. Its great to see so many good souls out there. Id love those name stickers as ive been meaning to name it but never got around to it. Ill call you later on this week about it? Do you know if its very far in from the Bruce Highway?

Cheers
Crazy

kitch76
03-01-2008, 09:12 PM
If you are driving south on the bruce, from where u exit if you drove straight to my house then straight back to the highway, it would add 10min tops to your trip, then add what ever time u need here. It takes me 40 mins to get to the boondal entertainment centre from my place on a clean run.

kitch76
03-01-2008, 09:18 PM
Adding to the previous post, exit @ meridian plains, follow yellow road marked "6" then just south of beerburrum where the numbr 1 is on the highway is where u get back onto it

crazboutfishin
09-01-2008, 08:15 AM
Sorry i havent replied kitch. Where we are does not have internet so i have been using a friends but can only use it every so often. That sounds great. i will talk to dad and show him the directions and i will let you know what he says. Thanks again.
Crazy

crossy
09-01-2008, 11:20 PM
mate when you get a chance would you be able to post up sum pics of the yabbie pump and net setup in the boat?

yours aye
crossy

Chubbstar
18-01-2008, 11:18 PM
This is by far the best thread I've read on here. Well done Crazy and your a top bloke finga. I'm looking foreward to more pics of the holders etc.

Jayson

crazboutfishin
19-01-2008, 08:24 AM
Crossy, sorry i havent posted any pics. I have taken some but the memory card doesnt fit into the computer where we are. i will be home on the 20th and will post some then.

Thanks for the comments Chubbstar

Kitch76, Im so sorry i havent rung. hoping your still putting the offer up? I am really keen but havent had a chance to call you. Will do so today.

Cheers
Crazy

crazboutfishin
20-01-2008, 05:00 PM
Well once again i have been helped out by another one of Ausfish's gentlemen. Mick/Kitch76 has made name stickers for my boat. He supplied everything for me, acrylic ( i think its called), designs and he even stuck it on the boat for me! All for not a single dime. Once again i have been amazed at the generosity of some people. Even though it may not seem like much to Mick it is a big deal to me for someone to produce something for free (especially these days!) So to Mick, thankyou very much and I will attempt to showoff those stickers as much as possible.

Crossy, here are some pics. I will post some pics of the name later on.

Cheers
Crazy

crazboutfishin
20-01-2008, 05:02 PM
Am putting up some pics of the fish we got on holidays and a video so take a look in Saltwater photos and fishing videos.

Cheers
Crazy

crazboutfishin
21-01-2008, 07:15 AM
bump for Mick