PDA

View Full Version : Sydney Boat Show

Mercury16
23-07-2007, 07:34 PM
Well the boat show is doing the rounds and Sydney is its next stop.
Its suposed to be the biggest show ever celebrating its 40th year.
They are extending the marina in Cockle bay by 20% now able to host up to 1000 boats instead of the past number of 305.
goes from the 2nd of August to the third. I cant wait it will be my 4th year running.
They have an article on it on the boat point website. if you want to take a read here is the link. http://boatpoint.com.au/boat-review/2746132.aspx
They make half a billion dollars in boat sales at the show which is a quarter of NSW's recreational boating industry.
Once i have been Ill post my Review of it, so you can compare it to Melbourne's or Brisbane's.

Peter

Wayne_Red
23-07-2007, 07:57 PM
Hi Peter
The brothers and I make the annual pilgrimage most years, a good day out to see whats new.
Wayne

Mercury16
04-08-2007, 04:50 PM
Well went to thhe show today and over all it was pretty impressive. On the mariner were someover priced and in practical boats, but none the less very good looking. In side i was dissapointed in the lack of quintrex boats and amazed by the big mercury, yamaha and e-tec sections. In the e-tec area they were showing you a video of "e-tec's torque and power" it was a tug of war test between yammies and the evinrudes. of course the evinrudes one, by submerged the whole transom of the yammie boat then capsizing it. lol :)
Overall it was very much similar to last years one but it was still and enjoyable day out.

Peter