PDA

View Full Version : Outboard servicing Illawarra area

1975fflh
23-07-2007, 06:53 PM
Hi
Can anyone recommend an outoard mechain the Illawarra area.

I am alos looking for some one torewire my rumrunner, just the lights and sounder chartplotter stereo etc, the power and battery leads have been done.

Thanks

mjbpjk
23-07-2007, 07:30 PM
When i get my new boat its going to be fitted out and serviced at Sunset motors and marine in Shellharbour. I haven’t had any work done buy them yet but have spent plenty of time talking to the staff there and if the mechanic is 1/2 as good as the rest of the staff you'd be Laughing.
The main man their Tony is a great bloke and by far the most genuine and honest dealer I have ever come across - be it house, car, bike or boat.

I have been to every dealer in the Illawarra recently when trying to decide what boat to buy and this is the only dealer that I really feel comfortable with.

Its always nice to leave the dealership with a smile instead of with a head ach.

1975fflh
23-07-2007, 09:09 PM
Thanks I have spoken to him and a young girl when i was looking for a boat and was going to buy from him but got the deal of the century on a private sale.

I was looking for one closer to Fairy Meadow but now you have reminded me of him i will give him a call.

The shop guys up here have a closed market and know it so charge accordingly, just business I guess, but they are starting to lose mine I asked about a price match for a $300 Navman and he refused so i asked down south a bit and they sold me the same one $20.00 cheaper so guess who got the business, i only use the guys up here when its urgent and I dont have time to go south 20kms or for a bolt or two.

thanks

gordon

Noelm
24-07-2007, 08:14 AM
best people in our area by far is Kroboats, they have been in business for years and years, family owned and run, I have been getting stuff from them for years, never had a problem, I even got a call from a friend in QLD who had problems getting a Yamamha part, Kroboats got him going in no time flat, by the way, I do not work there or anything, just happy to recommend them.