PDA

View Full Version : a newly finished wrap

roz
22-07-2007, 10:52 PM
Just a quick post of the wrap I've done on Grahame's Loomis.

Yes, Grahame (grave41) has trusted me with a loomis!!!! brave man.

Well, I havn't feathered the ends or burnished over the threads yet, probably won't have time for the epoxy till at least Tuesday.

Another Viswrap triumph.

r.

Brejen
23-07-2007, 06:53 AM
Bloody hell Roz looking at that i can see why they trust you with em.

AWESOME!!!!!

Brett

finga
23-07-2007, 08:21 AM
Graham will be very pleased I'd say. :)
Is that the rod he was doing on the RB M&G??
I'm really enjoying the endless possibilities with the VisualWrap. I even had my mum having a go on the 'puter changing colours around to see what see likes :)
Cheers then
Scott :)

roz
23-07-2007, 03:41 PM
Yep Scott,

That's the one!!!!

He will have to pull his finger out, other wise the cross wrap will be the only thing on that rod that's been completed.

Jeeze I hope he reads this...sorry Grahame, well....... sort of sorry:).

r.

grave41
24-07-2007, 08:19 PM
Roz, Im back from my fishing trip of nearly 2 weeks. Awesome wrap Roz.That rod was from rbw 1 not rbw 2. Im very patient. Too many toys to play with.Now i"ll have to rebind the guides to match the quality of Roz"s work!!
Good Stuff Roz. Regards Graham

roz
24-07-2007, 09:06 PM
thanks Graham,

I've feathered and tied off the ends with a black trim band. The first coat of epoxy went on today.

r.

Little grey men
25-07-2007, 01:12 PM
That looks very cool...really really nice job.
I'm guessing that would take a bit of patience.

roz
25-07-2007, 09:26 PM
That looks very cool...really really nice job.
I'm guessing that would take a bit of patience.

thanks for the thumbs up guys.

and yes, there are no shortcuts in the scale patterns, it's one thread at a time.

It's one of those patterns that doesn't look like much, until you get well into the second half, then it starts to jump out at you.

r.

wamjam
27-07-2007, 08:47 PM
Gday
I really enjoy reading through the rod building pages, roz that wrap looks awesome!!! .top job.
wamjam

grave41
28-07-2007, 12:08 AM
Gday
I really enjoy reading through the rod building pages, roz that wrap looks awesome!!! .top job.
wamjam

I reckon so too!!
Graham

craftycarp
28-07-2007, 07:14 AM
I agree with everyone else that looks awesome Roz. I love looking at rod art but doubt I will ever do any myself. I don't have the patience! :-/

mikeyh
31-07-2007, 09:53 PM
Just superb - great depth and so 3D. Must be awesome in the flesh and under epoxy. Never gone as far as a wrap like this...done many chevrons, diamonds etc but this is stepping into the next league. Again congrats....

Mike

Lovey80
31-07-2007, 10:35 PM
That is awesome. My old faithfull Abu Garcia bream rod could do with a refurbish but wouldnt know the first thing about it. Any word on the next rod building weekend in Brisi/Sunnycoast area? I'd love to pick the brains of some of you guys

Cheers Chris