PDA

View Full Version : boring security stuff

thatp1g
22-07-2007, 07:09 PM
Just finished fit out on little boat.

Was getting a little paranoid after all the money spent on bits and pieces and got hold of an engraver from work so I could mark all the bits like fish finder and stuff.

Cant make anything not stealable (word?) so i figured any bit of deterent is worth it.

Picked up some of these stickers as well. (The "all items on here are marked") type things.

Got a few extra's if anyone wants any, just pm me an address and I'll post them out

Chimo
22-07-2007, 07:24 PM
Hi Thatp1g

Did you fill in the form and send it in to the Police with your ID code (first and last name initial and birthdate and Q for Qld at the end)

That way, as I understand it, if stuff ever gets pinched and recovered the crim can be charged for each and every item.

Also if you mark your boat and trailer and motors etc and the police do a stop and check on the road if the birthdate on the boat etc does not equal the bdate on the licence of the pulled over driver, we have another "BINGO" ......... do not pass go scumbag!

The crime stoppers program has a few things going for it, cheap, easy for the police and us too.

Cheers
Chimo

-spiro-
22-07-2007, 07:50 PM
I am yet to see a copper pull up a boatie and check the motor to see if it is stolen. Sorry mate just my point of view

thatp1g
22-07-2007, 07:51 PM
Mate, I got a bunch of the little cards here too, the ones you send in.

I don't make a fuss about it online, but i am a cop and if i sent the card in they'd pay me out for weeks. It would end up in my pidgeon hole with a big, 'do it your freakin self' on it from the boss.

Your right, those little numbers once engraved have helped with a lot of charges in the past. Worst thing i run into is blokes having stuff stolen that is obviously quite important to them or expensive but is not identifiable.

Had one guy standing in a pawn shop once next to a reel that had been his granddads and was quite obviously the same one because it had certain wear marks and scratches but it wasn't properly identifiable. Until he noticed his grandads initials carved in the back of it. (an old snapper winch)

They can really pay off.

Anyway - not here to make a fuss about this just letting you'se know i got a handful of those stickers and the cards if anyone wants them.

cheers

Foxy4
22-07-2007, 09:10 PM
thatp1g PM sent. thanks for the info

blaze
23-07-2007, 07:13 AM
dont know about any where else but in tassie when they do checks at the ramp, the engine serial numbers of motor are always writen down on the check form. Peace of mind really as a hot engine is going to show up. I get checked on average of 3 or 4 times a year.
cheers
blaze
ps
datadot is good too