PDA

View Full Version : Fish or no fish?

Tropicaltrout
18-07-2007, 08:52 PM
Here a bit of a fun question to all fisho's.

Is a trip away fishing good weather you get a fish or not?

I here of guys spending alot of money to go fishing be it a trip to the north top chase Barra or a off shore trip to the banks or overseas whatever, So what if you spent the money and drew blank hooks?

Well for me getting a little time away flicking lures in our great inpoundments and rivers, is a1:thumbup: I love every minute the fish are a real bonus, but the true answer is drawing blank hooks is still a good trip, but do you talk about no fish:-X no so there soon forgotten!:) and the trip of first's or where its on for young and old is talked about and rembered forever:thumbsup:

What do you guys reckon?

Tight lines to all TT

snelly1971
18-07-2007, 08:55 PM
I always like to catch something ...but just being out on the water makes me happy..

cheers mick

blaze
18-07-2007, 08:58 PM
bloody tasmanian's, all the same. I,m with you Mick
cheers
blaze

snelly1971
18-07-2007, 09:07 PM
LOL Blaze...Just thought I would get in first....I will send some rain up your way for free....Had enough here the last 2 days...

Cheers Mick

cammo79
18-07-2007, 09:43 PM
been to awoonga 3 times. still no barra. will go again hopefully the weatherstays good this time.

aussiefool
19-07-2007, 03:37 AM
don'y be silly every trip is a good trip.... just the fishing is better some days than others :)

Whitto
19-07-2007, 07:08 AM
:) :) Like many others I travel up from Brisbane so there is a certain amount of expenditure (fuel accommodation ect ect) but we all know that before we leave, It's all about the experience and if I happen to nail a Barra or two thats the BONUS right there, for me it's about charging up the old battery and being in the outdoors, Love it, Cheers Whitto:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

disorderly
20-07-2007, 12:18 AM
Like most fishers,I think, who organise trips out to the reef up this way,not bringing home a good haul is annoyinghttp://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/../yabbfiles/Templates/Forum/default/angry.gif.
But just going for a spin out to the surrounding islands and having a bit of a fish for mackeral can be enjoyable for me even if nothing is caught.
Saw a goat on sunday arvo bounding along the rocks on dunk island,much to the amusement of my 2 companions and my 6 yr old boy.Rough day,no fish,just the goat sighting and still a good time for all.

Scott

Tropicaltrout
21-07-2007, 08:48 AM
True scott I took my little girl for a burn on borumba and showed her the wild deer up there to see her face was better then any fish. and we topped it off with a snake swimming, and a couple of bass.

Cheers TT

ozbee
21-07-2007, 12:50 PM
sorry,tropicaltrout, just find it hard to believe you could do a trip to the top end and not catch a barra , if your a true fisherman , man thats like the sky falling in,run away run away

Tropicaltrout
22-07-2007, 08:57 AM
sorry,tropicaltrout, just find it hard to believe you could do a trip to the top end and not catch a barra , if your a true fisherman , man thats like the sky falling in,run away run away
True Mate well it will have to be a future trip I have been there but never had the chance to fish, I think the kimberly is got more pull on me the the NT but either way would love to experiance them both. Still I am happy to fish places like faust, monduran and awoonga for ever.

Regards TT