PDA

View Full Version : Fishin trip Noosa

jamesryan30
18-07-2007, 06:27 PM
I am going next weekend in the Noosa River. Can anyone give me any tips on good spots worth trying for crab and fish.

Cheers

james

bballfisho
18-07-2007, 06:44 PM
crabbing wise lake weyba used to be good some time ago but im not to sure about it these days. for fishing, the river mouth to the tewantin ferry has heaps of spots. at the mouth try the woods bays on dusk with poppers and slugs for trevally and tailor and around the frying pan sand banks and drop offs for whiting, flathead and bream. if you find some weed beds you should be in with a good chance of getting some flathead (try near the ferry).
good luck

jamesryan30
18-07-2007, 06:50 PM
Thanks mate,

Were going on a houseboat so I think were limited to where we can go. Will take crab pots anyway. Thanks for the tips.

James

rockfisho
18-07-2007, 08:05 PM
yeah, lake weyba at either end is good for crabbing. Also try Munna point for trevs, flatties, tailor and bream.

rockfisho

jamesryan30
07-08-2007, 07:07 PM
Hey Rockfisho, we had a great trip. Weather was fantastic. Caught a shit load of Grunter and bream and a few blue swimmers. Pretty busy river and shallow other than that the Mrs and I enjoyed the experience.