PDA

View Full Version : Mans best friend.

minno
15-07-2007, 10:20 PM
This might seem a strange Question, I had a bit of a laugh about it. I had a call tonight from a friend and he wanted to know if anyone here knows [wait Iam still laughing] he want to know if they make life-jackets for pets.

Why you might ask, coz hes dog keeps jumping overboard when he brings a fish in. I didn't know what to tell him, but I said Id ask.

minno

rumy1
15-07-2007, 10:33 PM
Stop laughing .... here they are !!!

http://www.pup-n-stuff.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=341&gclid=CLf7ytDIqY0CFQzDYgodjAks1A

disorderly
15-07-2007, 10:35 PM
Any dog I have seen had no problems keeping it's head above water.
The one exception was a heeler I had about 15 years that chased a wallaroo into the Gwydir River whilst out hunting..
As they were swiftly carried down the river by the current the wallaroo was obviously winning the battle and it kept forcing my dog under water with its front paws.I had to take a shot with the .243 from 60 or 70 metres to save the dog.
Fortunately my aim was true!
The dog lived to swim another day.
I doubt a lifejacket is needed for a canine.

Regards

Scott

disorderly
15-07-2007, 10:44 PM
Stop laughing .... here they are !!!

http://www.pup-n-stuff.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=341&gclid=CLf7ytDIqY0CFQzDYgodjAks1A

rumy1,

Perhaps we are talking more about fashion accessaries than dogs here.Or perhaps dogs as fashion accessaries.http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/../yabbfiles/Templates/Forum/default/grin.gif

Scott

ashh
15-07-2007, 10:59 PM
whitworths sells them too. The missus wanted to get 'Rusty' one for boat trips, but he was quik to let her know what he thought about that.

minno
15-07-2007, 11:00 PM
Rumy 1 Thanks for that, I had no idea that life-jackets were made for pets.
It would be fair to say theres one,s for cats as well.
You learn something everyday on here.

minno

minno
15-07-2007, 11:04 PM
I was just looking through that site, and you can get a car seat as well. Its just amazing what you can get for good old blue.

minno

flyfisho
15-07-2007, 11:12 PM
that is pretty funny ,now SWMBO has got ideas from this post and we too will probaly have a gay dog now :-/

choppa
16-07-2007, 05:55 AM
Rumy 1 Thanks for that, I had no idea that life-jackets were made for pets.
It would be fair to say theres one,s for cats as well.
You learn something everyday on here.

minno

they do minno,,,,, these have been about for years now,,, and in a range of colors to suit

jez and suze
16-07-2007, 06:10 AM
chopper----thats sad but bloody funny!!!
my mate got a dog one after a trip to harry atkins one morning when his dog spotted the dolphins and over she went.
and we all know how that current can be out there....within seconds she was miles away and to make matters worse......his anchor was snagged.he ended up loosing the anchor and had a huge struggle getting her back on boared.....she weighs about 30kg dry! the life jacket has a handle to make life easier.

krazyfisher
16-07-2007, 07:32 AM
I know of two dogs that have gone overboard and one could not swim

pebble_monkey
16-07-2007, 07:42 AM
I used to have a Staffy ....... he loved the water ....but.... he would sink like a brick every time. So needless to say we made no trips to the water without the trusty life jacket. That was a few years ago and the life jacket was home made. Good to see that you can buy them now!!

Petra

minno
16-07-2007, 11:47 AM
Choper, Fly fisho. Thats harsh man. ;D ;D ;D

Minno8-)

minno
16-07-2007, 12:02 PM
chopper----thats sad but bloody funny!!!
my mate got a dog one after a trip to harry atkins one morning when his dog spotted the dolphins and over she went.
and we all know how that current can be out there....within seconds she was miles away and to make matters worse......his anchor was snagged.he ended up loosing the anchor and had a huge struggle getting her back on boared.....she weighs about 30kg dry! the life jacket has a handle to make life easier.

WOW! Not only do they float, there portable as well. Good idea me thinks.

minno

sunny
16-07-2007, 02:17 PM
I used to have a Staffy ....... he loved the water ....but.... he would sink like a brick every time. So needless to say we made no trips to the water without the trusty life jacket. That was a few years ago and the life jacket was home made. Good to see that you can buy them now!!

Petra

He he:D That reminds of a hot day with mate who threw his dog into a pond saying "This'll cool ya down" only to see the dog go straight down. He had to dive in and fetch the dog. We were no use to him because we were rolling on the floor laughing.

I guess some breeds are just too muscly to float.

edleigh7
16-07-2007, 03:10 PM
that is pretty funny ,now SWMBO has got ideas from this post and we too will probaly have a gay dog now :-/

Hey Chris...does you're dog wear a pink carnation as well?:-* lol

Ed;D

bullant_2401
16-07-2007, 03:41 PM
they do minno,,,,, these have been about for years now,,, and in a range of colors to suit

im in barkin histerics wat a classic they r the best floaties i have ever seen. where would we be with out a sense of humour well done u made my day classical stuff

Cheers hazy;D ;D ;D ;D :)

Foxy4
16-07-2007, 06:58 PM
Choppa Those ones you showed are for the Cats only

shaman
16-07-2007, 08:24 PM
Mate of mine, years ago, was sailing down the Rainbow Channel and started to tack.When the sail filled with breeze his wifes pride and joy (the cat) which was apparently asleep in the furl of the sail was catapulted up and over the side. Unfortunately by the time he turned the yacht around there was a swirl and poor old puss was goooooooonnnnnne. Shark tucker............. Still makes me giggle.... and him aswell..............

minno
16-07-2007, 09:05 PM
Dont tell me theres a life-jacket for a cat. I,d have to say, your pussy could of used one. Sorry to hear about your flying cat, but when I read that, I nearly fell off my chair. Now that was funny!

minno