PDA

View Full Version : Capacity Label

Raesen
13-07-2007, 09:25 PM
guys
I have heard that boats need a "capacity label" positioned a adjacent the rego sticker on a boat.
I have a small tinnie (3.75) mts and I believe it has a rated capacity of 4 persons. My belief.
How do I find out if I am correct as I do not have access to manufactuers specifications.
Dont have a prob with getting sticker as I also believe that they are available from Qld Transport office for nil.

Quesstion(s) are they required by law (Qld transport), Do I have to have one, How do I (or the dept) decide what capacity (for mine no more than four).....

I don't have a problem with getting one and in fact agree (except I have to sit in a cue or 45mins).
Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers
Pete

2iar
13-07-2007, 09:40 PM
All the info you need is here mate

http://www.msq.qld.gov.au/Home/Safety/Capacity_labels/

Use the link at the bottom to order online - it only took a couple of days for mine to arrive in the post (and it's free).

Good luck,
Mike

hondaguy
13-07-2007, 09:40 PM
Capacity sticker goes near the steering postion inside boat. Rego sticker port outside near rego numbers. If you can not find the manufactures plate then use the referance guide supplied with the sticker. Order one from DT by phone or web. It is a $150 fine for not having sticker attached. hope this helps, safe boating

ashh
14-07-2007, 10:12 AM
go to the nearest waterpolice they also have those stickers, and there is no q's to wait in.

Tailortaker
14-07-2007, 10:21 AM
My boat has the manufacturer's plate on the back of the driver's seat, it has the load capacity on it so do i still need the sticker?
________
JAILBROKEN (http://jailbroken.org/)

2iar
14-07-2007, 10:52 AM
My boat has the manufacturer's plate on the back of the driver's seat, it has the load capacity on it so do i still need the sticker?

It certainly seems that way mate:

"All registerable recreational boats, with the exception of sailing ships, must have one or more capacity labels attached. Capacity labels should be placed near the boat's control area/s where they can be seen by the operator at all times. A penalty could apply if a capacity label is not attached, unreadable or located in the wrong position on the boat."

I've got mine next to the throttle control.

Good luck,
Mike