PDA

View Full Version : fuel tank repairs-please help

shortcut
13-07-2007, 07:06 PM
I've managed to put a split in one of those 25lt, red poly fuel tanks. The split is around the base of the thread,(filler cap). My questions to all you Ausfish legends is this,
- can i just glue it up?
- is there a sealant available that wont be affected by 2stroke fuel?
- can it be plastic welded?
- should i just turf it and buy another one?
- why is it you never see any baby pelicans, only adults?

(I dont have the technology to put up photos)

cheers for any help you throw my way.

Adam:vrolijk_26:

Dan5
13-07-2007, 07:22 PM
You could get it welded and glue won't stick better off with a new tank and baby pelican's are a dark brown sort of colour so don't look for black'n'white one's.Dan............

peterbo3
13-07-2007, 08:04 PM
Adam,
I think that the easiest option will be to buy a new one. See if you can get one without the hose fitting & transfer across from the old one. No petrol proof glue springs to mind & a plastic welder will charge you nearly the price of a new tank.

Spaniard_King
13-07-2007, 08:34 PM
Agree with Peter,

it aint worth the hassel to fix.. BCF had reasonable priced tanks :d

hondaguy
13-07-2007, 09:47 PM
Buy a new tank or go to boating swap meets if you can wait. Pelicans breed generally inland in the freshwater and move the coast once they can fly(to far to walk). This is why you only see adult pelican on the coast.(in QLD anyway)

MEGA'bite
14-07-2007, 07:43 AM
mate i have a friend that plastic welds bumper bars, and with that stuff he tells me you can weld any plastic. Find your self a plastic welderer may be a panel shop and get it done.

BrisBen
14-07-2007, 08:30 AM
It can be plastic welded very successfully. Im in shailer park if you bring it to me i can do it for a couple of beers.

shortcut
15-07-2007, 02:33 PM
Thanks BrisBen, i wish i read your post this morning before i off loaded the tank to my neighbor. I've got a new one now, but thanks anyway.
adam:vrolijk_26: