PDA

View Full Version : mudhole shipping cost?

B_E_N
13-07-2007, 01:10 PM
hey guys just after some info from those that have shipped in rods froms mudhole, i just need an approx amount quickly so i cant email them and wait overnight for a reply. am going to ship in 3 rods under 6foot. i know they have a cost for the amount you spend i was just after the approx amount that one has to pay for the rod shipment themselves. thanks guys;D

DR
13-07-2007, 02:16 PM
Ben,i would email them with the same question & they will give you the correct cost..last one i got was a few years ago now, it was a 7' blank, cost US$35
cheers

finga
13-07-2007, 02:57 PM
The weight of the tube is the killer not the blanks.
I got some in a month or so ago and the postage was unbloody believable but they stuffed up.
But with a bit of other gear it was about $50 postage.
What blanks are you after??
I'm doing an order up now and we might be able to share postage costs.
Cheers Scott :)

B_E_N
13-07-2007, 03:15 PM
im getting 3 of their blanks the unamed im6 graphite ones, 5'6" ultra light for myself and two other mates, ive already got some other stuff like thread and epoxy that i paid for a couple of weeks ago that i got them to hold while my mates get their act together. but if you want i dont mind your stuff getting thrown in aswell but i wont be ordering the other stuff until wednesday next week prob. im unsure how much it will weight becuase ive only got an epoxy kit, some thread, 3 small blanks, super stinger i think it is grips and single foot fuji guides, hopefully it wont be two much, just gotta get a rough idea of shipping costs to split between the 3 of us and give them an exact cost for everything.

B_E_N
13-07-2007, 03:16 PM
oh by the way has anyone had any experience with their no name grpahite blanks, the cheap ones??

Owen
13-07-2007, 04:42 PM
Ben,
If you mean the OEM ones, then we got some in for a look.
They are 2nd's, so I guess you take pot luck, but I'm hard pressed finding anything other than a minute blemesh on mine.

finga
13-07-2007, 04:52 PM
I'm just making one up now Ben.
Looks good so far.
I've tried to break it and it didn't.
And for the price who cares if it breaks. You still have the runners etc to use on the next one and that's where the money is.
I might get some gear as well to save the postage and fees for all
Cheers then
Scott

Kid
13-07-2007, 05:30 PM
Hi Ben,

The cost to ship blanks is about $47.00, if you add more blanks the price does not change by much just a few dollars, hope this helps.

Cheers

Kid

sandyd
14-07-2007, 06:17 AM
Hi Ben

It cost us around the $47 too, to get 7 blanks and some guides. We ended up getting 5 of the EOM's and as Owen said very hard to find what is wrong with them.

So Scott what are you getting this time? You must have one of the best stocked cupboards for a novice.

finga
14-07-2007, 07:33 AM
Hi Ben

It cost us around the $47 too, to get 7 blanks and some guides. We ended up getting 5 of the EOM's and as Owen said very hard to find what is wrong with them.

So Scott what are you getting this time? You must have one of the best stocked cupboards for a novice.
Oh Sandy...what do you mean??? ::)
The new rodbuilding room is going to have to expand a bit and take the second spare bedroom as well soon.
I want to get a second drier set up or make a drum drier.
I got a bargain the other day at the markets...7 Fugi FPFD reel seats (1 trigger style) from 20-24mm for $3 each and 2 nice new 20mm PacBay channel lock nancy boy coloured ones for $6 each.;D

Don't know what I'll use them on but who cares...they were cheap ;D

sandyd
14-07-2007, 05:55 PM
Oh Sandy...what do you mean??? ::)
The new rodbuilding room is going to have to expand a bit and take the second spare bedroom as well soon.
I want to get a second drier set up or make a drum drier.
I got a bargain the other day at the markets...7 Fugi FPFD reel seats (1 trigger style) from 20-24mm for $3 each and 2 nice new 20mm PacBay channel lock nancy boy coloured ones for $6 each.;D

Don't know what I'll use them on but who cares...they were cheap ;D

I can't wait till we move back down that way, you and I can go shopping.
You just seem to be always picking up bargins, but tell me scott how many rods have you built? ;)

finga
14-07-2007, 07:02 PM
Don't pick on me :(
I've been busy since the RB week-end (thanks to the cooks horses, a tenant moving out and my dad wanting to build a cubby house for the new nephew)
I've only been fishing 3 times since that week-end :(

So far since the RB do....4 rods and one gaff with another 3 or 4 rods in stages.
Those bloody wrappy dodads take forever. The one on the gaff was 2 friggin' days. (Ooops I've forgottened to take a piccy of it and bung it here :()
Lucky I don't do much :)

You pair can't move. I may need a holiday house up north :)

B_E_N
15-07-2007, 02:32 AM
thanks guys for the estimate helps alot
cheers ben

Bearclaw
15-07-2007, 07:03 AM
Ben,
I use to ship blanks from them on a monthly basis, you can get up to 8 blanks in one of their 40mm pvc pipes, depending on butt dia. average is usually 4, now for the same tube it can vary in shipping costs anywhere from $55 USD to $79 USD.