PDA

View Full Version : Cyclone 540 CC

JIMMY80
12-07-2007, 02:43 PM
Hooray, i am finally getting my first ever boat!!!
I have been looking around for at least a year for a decent boat which i could use mainly as a dive boat and a bit of trolling / bottom bashing.
Living in north queensland it had to be able to cover long distances and eat up your average 10-15knot SE'ly chop.
So really there was no competition it had to be a 540 cyclone with a 115hp four stroke bolted to the back.

I am currently finishing up the RWC and money issues, so i will post a full review after i have taken it for a few runs.

But so far i have taken it out in a solid 15-20 SE in behind Magnetic Island, the waves were standing up to about 1.5m and i was able to remain seated at the centre console doing 22-23knots straight into them, the clincher was i hardly ever felt any spray even when running side on to the wind.
The boat did tend to duck and dive a bit running with the waves but in hindsight i forgot to trim the motor back out after running straight into em.

Also the first thing i will do when i get the boat is put some trim tabs on her cause running side on to the wind the boat tended to lean a bit.

It is going to be tough counting down the days until the deal goes through.

JIM

JIMMY80
01-08-2007, 01:32 PM
Well after many days of frustration and misery trying to sort things out. I won't go into it long long story I have finally got her tucked up at home.
Her specs are:
540 large centre console cyclone (dec 02)
Redco trailer with led lights & 2000lbs elec winch
Raymarine A65 combo, DSM and s1000 auto pilot.
115 Mercury Four Stroke
deck wash
live bait tank
kill bin
under floor esky/ storage
ski pole with bait board attached
swim steps
etc

Dicko
01-08-2007, 01:37 PM
They're a nice rig. I see they are back making them again after a break for a couple of years building some serious off shore boats for the US market.

You get it new or s/h ?. what sort of problems did you have ?

JIMMY80
01-08-2007, 01:45 PM
http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=10416&stc=1&d=1185939615

JIMMY80
01-08-2007, 02:05 PM
Yeah mate second hand, its a 2002 model made by Ross Wilson , before he sold the bussiness and head off to the USA.

Dicko
I won't go into the details too much but i agreed to buy the boat for the advertised price which was reduced after it didn't sell the first time advertised. I applied and got the money from the bank. When i called the owner to tee up a pick up time and date he told me he didn't want to sell it any more(many issues behind the scenes). I didn't really want to pay $600 bank fees for nothing so i ended up paying more then the second advertised price but less then the first advertised price if that makes sense.

I have no regets because i love the boat and i really do believe the owner did not want to sell the boat, and he wasn't trying to rip me. i may be a fool but that is my gut feeling.

STUIE63
01-08-2007, 02:31 PM
Jimmy nice boat there mate
Stuie