PDA

View Full Version : My little boat

thatp1g
12-07-2007, 01:11 PM
Seems kind of dwarfed by a couple of the luxury units I have seen here abouts but is almost ready for launching this weekend. Woohoo....

It's a little fibreglass cat hull thing, chosen for stability for my girls.

EDIT: I can't work out the image insert thing so I have put a bunch of photos and a bit of a build up story here: http://www.thatp1g.com/index.php?topic=84.0

Just got a little painting to do and then to register it.

finga
12-07-2007, 01:30 PM
She's come up a treat eh what :)

I've been looking for a hull like that for ages. Everyone I've seen is cactus. You were very lucky.
Thinking back I recall you been lucky with the whole project haven't you matey??
Nearly time to enjoy :)

TheSaint
12-07-2007, 01:45 PM
Get little boat mate.. I'm looking for something like that for a Bass Electric boat for Hinzes

wessel
12-07-2007, 01:54 PM
Now that is one seriously well thought out and manufactured battery box.

Mind if I "borrow" that idea?

Wessel

thatp1g
12-07-2007, 01:54 PM
Thanks fella's, I'm pretty happy with it myself. It's not the biggest flashest looking thing but it quiet practical. Should turn a bit of speed with that little motor on it too. The hull only weighs about 45 kilos bare so it should push along alright with my little electric too..

I am a little concerned about the gel coat in a couple of places, will have to do a bit of painting i think and then give it a good wax.

I was also thinking I might have to keep a close eye on the floor as time goes by.

ED: Battery Box could be improved upon. I'd like to wire in a main fuse and switch. The idea is free to use though mate if you like it.

Fish Guts
12-07-2007, 06:44 PM
that looks great. What a great buy you got on that motor. hope you have many a good moment in her.

cheers

fish guts

thatp1g
12-07-2007, 06:51 PM
mate that motor was a dream. one of those little moments when things just work. I'm still waiting for the punch line.

haggis
12-07-2007, 10:39 PM
neat little boat . hope you have lots of happy days in her .
all boats are luxury no matter the size or the cost .
cheers fae haggis ................

thatp1g
13-07-2007, 01:57 PM
ok started painting up the patch bits of the gel coat.
progress report here. http://www.thatp1g.com/index.php?topic=85.0

Just having a beer break between coats of paint.

ashh
13-07-2007, 06:23 PM
nice little fishing platform you have there !!

one thing tho (not speaking from experience so could be totally wrong)...the engine looks (to me) to be a bit too high? (top heavy). Might just be the pics.
I know you say you will only be using it in calm waters but what happens when a boat cruises past and your boat starts rocking. Would the motor have like a pendulum effect and make the rocking worse as its top heavy?. Or because its a cat hull would this not happen? and it is a small motor I suppose ( not very heavy. Would be interested to see how it goes when you get it on the water, again, nice little boat there ;)

thatp1g
13-07-2007, 06:38 PM
Yeah mate, the motor does sit up a bit but given the fairly flat sort of foot print of the hull it should be ok. It is a little exagerated in the pics just cause of how the perspective comes out in a photo.

If i had bunged a 15 up there it would be a absolute drama waiting to happen but that little motor weighs less than the battery for the electric motor it's that light.

Still, have to wait till i get it wet to know how it all works.