PDA

View Full Version : Boat Planned Maintenance

Woody01
12-07-2007, 11:08 AM
Hi all,

I recently bought a 5.8m ally Genesis boat and was wondering if any of you guys had a planned maintenance regime you follow?
Maybe a weekly / monthly / quarterly / annually list that you run to keep your boat and trailer in tip top condition?

Any help would be appreciated

cheers,

Woody :) :) :)

P.S - My Ausfish stickers arrived yesterday, so they will be going on the boat this weekend! :D

Noelm
12-07-2007, 11:14 AM
I do the gearbox oil every year, as well as a general "look at" plugs as well, water pump every second year, and do trailer once a year, I do it all on the Christmas break, I do the car as well at the same time, but i think it makes some sense to get a good workshop to do at least a 2 years sevice, as long as they do as they are supposed to and not just charge the earth for a "play with"

juju
12-07-2007, 01:12 PM
I give things a look over all the time, better to try to pick something up early.....get the outboard looked at at least once a year (almost due now)...inox on trailer/outboard after every trip........jack the trailer , give the tryes a spin and listen to bearings /grease every Bas statement time...