PDA

View Full Version : Help Please.....Tabs 4.65 territory pro - 60 hp enough?

teammaher
11-07-2007, 11:25 PM
Hi all,

I ordered a Tabs 4.65 Territory Pro at a boat show last week with a 60 hp merc 4 st. Now being plate and having a 120 ltr fuel tank it is going to be a bit heavier than an equivalent quinny/stacer. I'm starting to wonder if the 60 will be enough motor for the boat. it is not to late to go bigger, but really don't want to spend to much more. the boat is rated to a 75 and was thinking a 75 optimax would be nice depending on price.

The hull weight is 510 kg

Not sure on max transom weight. 60 merc 4st is 112 kg, 75 4st is 181 kg and the 75 opti is 170 kg.

I asked the dealer about the 75 4st and he said it would sit to ar$e heavy with that motor and the 60 would be fine, but I'm just not sure.

Does anyone on here own one of these boats and if so what motor are you running?

I'm not disbelieving the dealer, however i would like some independent advice/feedback before parting with the CASH!

What do you reckon?

Thanks and Cheers,

Mabo.

teammaher
11-07-2007, 11:44 PM
Had trouble posting ...Mods please remove this post

Dunco
12-07-2007, 07:50 AM
I'm waiting on a 4.6 plate boat as well (Different brand, no transom pod). The Yammy 60hp 4 st is what I was told to buy, only 115kg. The other option the builder gave me was a 70hp 2st. But it would be a bit noisier. He also suggested a Hydrofoil to get the ass out a bit quicker and help with turning.

The 75hp was to big for mine because there is no pod. But a Honda or a suzuki 4st only wiegh 165kg. I would think with the pod you should be OK with the extra 50kg. I guess it comes down to how fast you need to go???

I just checked the web site and the max is 138kg, and the 4.75 has the 75hp weight. I think you better stick with the 60hp

Either get a foil for it or talk to some people who have bought the Yammy 60hp High thrust model. Apparently if your worried about getting out of the water, they have a remedy with a larger prop.;)