PDA

View Full Version : Arlie Beach

dac18316
11-07-2007, 02:44 PM
Hi,

New member here - I'm a part time fisherman from Sydney who likes a bit of LBG and Rock fishing...

I'm heading up to Arlie beach in a few weeks, and I was wondering how the fishing is up there at the moment? I was up there 2 years ago and I remember there being Macks and GT's everywhere around Shute Harbour...

I will be mostly land based, last few times I have fished of the wharf at the harbour, and also near Abel Point Marina - is there anywhere else I should try?

Also I've managed to get my hands on either a Torium or Tyrnos 30 (the guy's not sure which one it is). What rod should i be looking at matching with it? I already have a no name overhead with 50lb braid on a little 6 foot rod, which has done well, but I'd rather get something a little bit longer so I can use it live baiting off the rocks around here for Kings etc...

Big_Ren
11-07-2007, 03:23 PM
Dac

Get a copy of this month's Queensland Fishing Monthly (QFM). Cy & Kerrin Taylor have a great article on Whitsunday options, including a couple of land-based spots I think.......options for GTs, queenies, macks etc.

Cheers
Paul

dac18316
11-07-2007, 05:04 PM
Dac

Get a copy of this month's Queensland Fishing Monthly (QFM). Cy & Kerrin Taylor have a great article on Whitsunday options, including a couple of land-based spots I think.......options for GTs, queenies, macks etc.

Cheers
Paul

Is it possible to buy this mag in NSW? Can I order it over the net?

bay_firey
11-07-2007, 06:40 PM
Will be in Airley at the end of the month

Won't be fishing though - Outrigger Canoe Regatter

Could take a rod and have a quick flick after the formalities are done i suppose

joeT
11-07-2007, 08:50 PM
Is it possible to buy this mag in NSW? Can I order it over the net?

I'd give them a call:

http://www.fishingmonthly.com.au/pages/home.html

They are really good with back issues. Pay by credit card over the phone. I even ordered an old copy of Vic Fishing Monthly for a boat review, and I'm in the UK!

BobbyJ123
12-07-2007, 05:42 AM
Hi,

New member here - I'm a part time fisherman from Sydney who likes a bit of LBG and Rock fishing...

I'm heading up to Arlie beach in a few weeks, and I was wondering how the fishing is up there at the moment? I was up there 2 years ago and I remember there being Macks and GT's everywhere around Shute Harbour...

I will be mostly land based, last few times I have fished of the wharf at the harbour, and also near Abel Point Marina - is there anywhere else I should try?

Also I've managed to get my hands on either a Torium or Tyrnos 30 (the guy's not sure which one it is). What rod should i be looking at matching with it? I already have a no name overhead with 50lb braid on a little 6 foot rod, which has done well, but I'd rather get something a little bit longer so I can use it live baiting off the rocks around here for Kings etc...
G'day mate and welcome to the forum. Hope you stick around and contribute, once in a while.:thumbup:
The wharfe at Shute Harbour is no longer available for fishos, due to too many "yobbos" leaving smelly bait, discarded line and generally leaving a mess.......I believe the council have provided another place to fish at Shute, but I don't know exactly where it is;.
A suggestion for a day out would be to ring John, or Ingrid Cale on 07 49461507 and book a day on MV Jillian II @ about $120, handlines and bait supplied and you can use your own outfit. The boat is a 40 ft Cougar Cat and they go out to Apostle Bay on the east side of Whitsunday Island and up along the east side of Hook Island. Your gear would be ok. They leave Abel Point about 7.30 am except mondays.