PDA

View Full Version : Remember & Treasure.....it hapens all too Quickly

Marlin_Mike
10-07-2007, 09:19 AM
I have just arrived back to Brisbane after a rush trip to NSW South Coast. A small seaside town called Culburra.

25 days......thats all it took. The day the Pasha Bulker was stranded on the beach my father was rushed to hospital with a suspected Heart Attack. 25 days later, the day the Pasha Bulker was released, he passed away.

It wasn't a heart attack. He was diagnosed with 5 malignant tumors. 3 in the brain 2 in the lungs. I seek not sympathy for my loss, just a timely reminder to one and all.

Treasure the moments, not just with fathers but with family and friends one and all.

My father and 2 uncle taught me to fish. My first rig? A gift from an uncle. A hand line, 100mts 12lb line on a cork hand caster. a matchbox full of mixed hooks and sinkers. HE and my old man taught me to get bait naturally from the rocks, sand worms etc. Then you blink and its all gone. 75 years gone in the blink of an eye.

Treasure the moments people....... they last not long. As we laid him to rest, Heath's video ran through my mind. With your permission I am sure Heath, I post it here again. In memory of my Father, and all fathers and friends....treasure and remember them..................

6zclNlw8Uz0

tin arse tony
10-07-2007, 11:11 AM
sorry to hear about your loss mate.

zigfreed
10-07-2007, 02:00 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss Mike

Couldnt agree more mate, its not till they go you realise these things sometimes.

Mick

Wahoo
10-07-2007, 06:04 PM
Mike
so sorry to here this, great movie clip, just about brought a tear to my eye thinking of the past

Daz

Marlin_Mike
10-07-2007, 06:08 PM
Wahoo, accolades to Heath for the video mate

Mike

jtpython
10-07-2007, 09:02 PM
That is a great video mike
Sorry for your loss
JT
Makes having kids and looking at them that we reflex on past and future

Tangles
10-07-2007, 10:02 PM
'Treasure the moments' says it all mate thoughts with you;

mike

Greg P
10-07-2007, 10:39 PM
Sad to hear Mike. I think most of us here share the fishing bond with our fathers.

Col_s
11-07-2007, 12:02 PM
Mike,
Sorry to hear that news mate.......all the best to you and your family
........your words are so true;)

Col and the Fisher Crew

Heath
11-07-2007, 04:46 PM
Sad to hear about your Dad mate.
When I made that compilation it so much reminded me of how special it is to spend time on the water with whom is arguably your best mate, mentor, saviour and most of all Father.
You see so many fractured family relationships now days that having a special bond with your oldman who you are able to spend quality time with at least once a week on the water is so very special.

Again, so very sorry for your loss and just remember that at the crack of each dawn, he'll be looking down on you with a special smile.

Cheers
Heath

Marlin_Mike
11-07-2007, 04:50 PM
Thanks all for your kind comments, and to heath for the compilation of pics and music.

You think you're old man is invincible, then click its gone....................................

I even forgave him for being a life long one eyed South Sydney Rabbitoh Supporter....;D

I will drown some bait for him this sunday in the R2M on Sunday morning.........

Mike

Ps: Heath, where did the music come from in the slide show? A movie or just a collection you edited into it?

kingtin
11-07-2007, 05:19 PM
My families condolences on your loss, Mike. Words are not enough........

kev

preso
11-07-2007, 05:35 PM
:'( Very touching mike

Sorry for the loss

Heath
11-07-2007, 09:21 PM
Mike,
The song is called "ROSE" it is by James Horner and is off the Titanic Soundtrack.

cheers

bdowdy
12-07-2007, 01:53 PM
mate bought a tear to me as i lost my father on the 16th of june also with the same symptoms but a clot to the brain,so quick and so young really as he was only 57. i know what your thinking and going threw mate...... cheers bdowdy

crazboutfishin
17-07-2007, 07:55 AM
Mike, sorry for your loss. You've made me realise how special my dad is to me and even though there may be some tension sometimes his loving and caring for me over rights any disagreement. Sorry again Mike.

Cheers
Crazy

majed1965
18-07-2007, 10:33 PM
Sorry to hear about your dad. This is a wonderful tribute to him.

Things like this make us realise how special family is. Cherish every minute with your families.

gawby
25-07-2007, 02:48 AM
It's not until you loose your parents to the heavens that you value life and how short it is.
I have lost my parents in recent years and not a day goes by without thinking about them and what could have been and what wasn't.
To those of you that have lost their parents i offer my deepest sympathy and also to those who have lost young family members.
To those who still have parents value what you have and make the most of your time with them.
Stand tall in their memories and make a good example of yourself in their footsteps.
Graeme

PinHead
27-07-2007, 04:46 AM
I reiterate what Gawby said..lost my mum on Xmas day 2 years back and then dad in the following march (on my birthday of all days)..both from that dreaded cancer...but..they are still with me every day and always will be...I can still feel some of the clips round the ear hole the old fella gave me..and to think I was innocent on all counts. Your dad has not gone Mike..he is still with you.

charlie_h1
04-08-2007, 10:41 AM
sorry for your loss and thank you from a dad

zulu
04-08-2007, 06:44 PM
I have been fortunate and learnt from others, ''you are here for good time, not a long time''. I had mum and dad down last week-end, dad helped me clean the fish I had caught offshore Wide Bay. Mum cooked some fresh Red Emporer fillets, we had a couple of beers and vino, an afternoon I will never forget. It is really easy to get ticked off with your family sometimes, but I learnt if you take a breath, turn the other cheek, remember ''blood is thicker than water.'' I know from others once your parents are gone there is no going back.

Thanks for the reminder,

Cheers TROY.