PDA

View Full Version : Whitwater Marine, Labrador ??????

JT
09-07-2007, 01:05 PM
Hi all,

Need to do a service on my 40Hp 2 stroke, 2 cylinder Merc and am doing the ring around. Has anyone used Whitewater Marine in Labrador and if so what are your thoughts on their service and the job they did?

Cheers

John

Brumby
09-07-2007, 01:11 PM
I had Dave come around to my berth to look over a problem with my 175 Evinrude. He found and fixed a problem that a previous mechanic had had 3 goes at and gave me some good advice about repowering as well. Highly recommended.

Cheers

Carl

Kiktz
09-07-2007, 01:20 PM
John,

I spoke with Dave prior to buying our suzuki and Honestly
he will be servicing our boat in the future, What a bloke?
Nice guy couldn't help me enough with the questions I had for him.

I think you would go a long way to find a better guy.

P.S He is the Suzuki problem solver, when Suzuki have a problem with an engine that a mechanic cant fix / find they fly him there to sort it out. That has been told to me from Chris Guppy from Suzuki and also confirmed buy Dave at white water.

Aj

JT
09-07-2007, 09:16 PM
Cheers Guys,

I'll book the boat in, they were also the cheapest by a long way over the 4 other companies I rang.

Thanks again,

John

Kiktz
10-07-2007, 02:53 PM
JT Let us know how you get on please.

JT
10-07-2007, 08:20 PM
No worries, can do

KGW3
11-07-2007, 01:58 PM
Have to write that one down.. now that I live in Labtrador and have a new Merc. Used to go to Barry at QBW Maroochidore. He is a good guy and a good mechanic and is now the OWNER not the the wrench.

JT
14-07-2007, 09:49 PM
Well the motor has been serviced and I am more than happy with the result. The service from Whitewater was great and I couldn't recommend them more highly.

When I went to pick it up they had all the parts that they removed ready for me to look at and an itemised invoice stating exactly what they did. They rectified a problem I had the last time I used the motor (would not hold idle - would just die), which ended up being water in the fuel tank.

All up, with all parts and labour (plus the carby clean) it came to around $240.00 which was cheaper than some of the places I rang for just their labour charge not including parts.

Thanks Dave and all at Whitewater, you just made a long term customer - I'll be back and recommend them to anyone. At least give them a ring and compare their price.

Cheers

John

gawby
15-07-2007, 07:14 AM
John,

Good to see you had your problems fixed with dave and his crew.

I would have pointed you in that direction had i been home to see your post.

I have used him in the past and will use him in the future. No bullsh!t at his joint, all good work and advise.

Graeme

Kiktz
15-07-2007, 01:11 PM
Great to Hear John,

Dave is such a nice bloke and fills you with confidence.
After speaking with, I wanted get him to service our boat straight away.
Due to unforeseen circumstances this wasn't the case.

It will be soon...............

Cheers AJ