PDA

View Full Version : submarine in brissy river ?

haggis
08-07-2007, 09:17 PM
Had the miss fortune to have to go shopping with the handbrake this morning rather than trying to catch my first snapper (not squire I said snapper )as we were going over the gateway bridge I spotted a submarine going down the river heading out to sea with two tug boats in front of it . It was around 10.45 am , one question do these guys have a better fishing average than the rest of us that fish above the water ? ;D ::) :-*
cheers far haggis............

bushbeachboy
09-07-2007, 04:23 AM
Not bad sonar either by all accounts.

Foxy4
09-07-2007, 01:27 PM
Depends of the amount of charge that the war head is packed with

juju
09-07-2007, 05:25 PM
They mostly use Nucular Chickens

Woody01
09-07-2007, 05:53 PM
Haggis,

I served 22 years on submarines and funny you should mention the fishing, it does actually happen. We used to get some interesting looking fish under the casing and in the fin when we would surface after being dived for an extended period. Up in the northern tropical waters you would always get those annoying flying fish that would fly onto the casing.
A fair bit of fishing was also conducted when we used to stop for a BBQ and swimex when we were ahead of the box (ahead of schedule).
Failing all that there is no substitute for a scare charge for a bit of easy fishing! ;D ;)
cheers,

Woody.

Kiktz
09-07-2007, 06:24 PM
Woody what a crack up. Crocodile Dundee Lives.............

wags on the water
09-07-2007, 08:50 PM
They mostly use Nucular Chickens

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D