PDA

View Full Version : Seat Boxes

Homer_Jay
08-07-2007, 04:32 PM
I see in alot of new boats they have these great looking fibre glass storage boxes that the helm seat get mounted on.

My question is, are these just manufactured by the boat builders or is there somewhere that sells them aftermarket?

The main reason for wanting them apart from some extra storage is that i was thinking of getting a fuel tank made to fit into one to give me a bit extra range. Has anyone done this before?

fez
08-07-2007, 04:48 PM
H_J,

try www.boatbox.com.au (http://www.boatbox.com.au) they have this sort of gear. Don't know about the fuel tank but I am sure they could manafacture something that would suit.

Cheers,
Fez

Homer_Jay
09-07-2007, 06:50 PM
cheers mate, that seems to be the sort of thing im after.

boatboy50
10-07-2007, 08:47 AM
Hey,

Sounds good in theory, but just be aware of your weight distribution.

50kg of fuel beneath the drivers seat and the driver would cause the boat to have a permanent list.

Regards

Darren

STUIE63
10-07-2007, 09:35 AM
Have a look at PM MARINE on the net they have some nice boxes
Stuie

finga
10-07-2007, 09:42 AM
There's a cranky old fiberglasser down Cleveland way that makes them as well.
He does a good job but he's been sniffing the fumes too long I reckon.

Homer_Jay
10-07-2007, 03:07 PM
Boatboy... have thought about the weight issue but as it carries 30lt of water on the other side i think it could be a good thing. But it would only be used in long range situations as the boat carries 100lt underfloor but sometimes this just isnt enough.

Finga..... do you know the name or number of the cranky old guy???
Sounds like the sort of bloke to do business with!

finga
10-07-2007, 03:33 PM
Rainbow Fiberglass at 62 Gordon St. Ormiston.
Cranky codders name is Brian if I remember right
Talk him down in price as well :)

propdinger
10-07-2007, 03:52 PM
Rainbow Fiberglass at 62 Gordon St. Ormiston.
Cranky codders name is Brian if I remember right
Talk him down in price as well :)

if you can handle hearing his life story ::)
was there for over 1 hour last time while he told me about his life (all i wanted was some glass matt)

wadeo
10-07-2007, 03:56 PM
Ive got seat box's from boat box with esky's and water tanks inbuilt. They were pretty expensive and already leak. fitted last nov and have done approx 110hrs on water.

Big G
10-07-2007, 11:22 PM
Have you thought about plate alloy... if you want to incorporate a fuel tank and storage compartment plate will be the best. Draw it up yourself and any alloy boatbuilder should be able to do it...... if you can't find someone, Jason at OMM www.offshoremarinemaster.com.au (http://www.offshoremarinemaster.com.au) does a few custom seat boxes, he also has a painter who could give you the finish to match.

Big G.

Homer_Jay
11-07-2007, 07:35 AM
Top idea Big G
I never thought of that.

maztez
11-07-2007, 08:12 AM
Talk to Brett (brejen)as he made a set to go in the "mistress".We use them for dry storage of tackle boxes etc and they work a treat .There are some pics on here somewhere .A search no doubt would turn them up .
cheers Terry

AnthonyL
12-07-2007, 11:51 PM
Hi Big G...

We have been looking around for a new boat and at the top of our list is one of the offshoremarinemater boats.