PDA

View Full Version : My new tinny.......Now water tested!!!!!!!!

Dan5
06-07-2007, 08:40 PM
Well after month's of waiting for a boat that never arrived and having to change my mind to something i could get in stock with the basic option's that i wanted i finally take delivery of it tommorow at 8.30 am.I finally went with a 4.5 bluefin warrior with underfloor tank 60Ltrs,front/rear castingdeck,carpet,painted,wide gunnel's,low bow rail's,3mm side's and bottom's blaa blaa blaa.For a engine after much consideration i chose a 60hp 4strk tiller steer yammie.Electronic's are a Garmin 298 colour combo unit that will do until i get another sounder as backup and a oceanic trailer.All up with rego's and bit's and piece's about $20,500 so far.Spending the last 6 month's or so without a boat has been very boring on the weekend's to say the least considering it has been my longest stint without a boat for over ten year's.So this weekend the fun begin's.Dan.........8-)

mjbpjk
06-07-2007, 08:51 PM
Great to see things are looking up for you Dan.

I sure hope your boats worth all the stuffing around, If my boat sale ends up like yours im going to be pi##ed that’s for sure. Ive looked around and im now very confident with what ive ordered and the dealer doesn’t have any thing else in stock in my price range that im even remotely interested in, so i cant change my mind

Lets us know how the maiden voyage goes.

Cheers Pete

russ81
06-07-2007, 09:39 PM
Hows it going dan
Congrat son the new boat
where abouts did you purchase it
from

Russ

Dan5
06-07-2007, 09:50 PM
G'day Russ i got the boat/trailer from mitchell's marine and o/board/ gps from bill's marine here in cairn's

russ81
06-07-2007, 09:56 PM
Hows it going mate
Did you have dramas because of your locality or is it normally ok as i have an uncle looking at moving up that way and he is unsure as whether to just buy when he gets up there or buy down here and tow it up.

Cheers
Russ

Dan5
06-07-2007, 10:08 PM
Well i don't blame the dealer's here for not delivering on time but you might have a lot more opotion's down south than here it's a little bit limited on choice here especially if you want something in stock as they don't have much of a range and if you want to put extra's in it's alway's going to be a longer wait.At the moment every boat builder seem's to be flat out trying to keep up with demand.Dan. Ps what type is he after?

russ81
06-07-2007, 10:14 PM
Cheers mate
I dont think he knows what he wants it changes everyday but i think he is going to settle with something in the 4.5m range. raised casting decks side console with either an etec or suzuki

Russ

GT_warrior
06-07-2007, 11:27 PM
Well done on the new rig, it will see you doing many good days fishen the bay and even beyond........ Excellent choice in motor too.....

I miss mine....:'( :'( :'( sooooo many good fish.....

8-)

bushbeachboy
07-07-2007, 07:05 AM
Hey Russ,
Tell your old man to buy down south before he moves up north. The range and prices you see advertised in Brisbane are much better than up here. He will also need a canopy for a bit of shade, even though they get in the way for fishing. Just advise him to avoid the standard bimini, as they get in the way too much!!!!! I don't have a canopy at all on my current boat yet, but it restricts my usage to the early or late hours of the day, or the night time, in the hot weather, which is about 8 months of the year.

buhky62
07-07-2007, 08:46 AM
Congrats dan5 good choise of donk i have a 115 4st yammy on my stacer coralrunner and am rapt with it and the after sales servise......BOB

Dan5
07-07-2007, 05:34 PM
Well took her for her first test today and all went good i ran her around at 1/4 to 1/2 throttle for about 2hrs then bumped it up a bit for a while got her up to 30.3kts and i could feel it wanting to loosen up a bit.I will just take it easy for another 6-8 hrs or so then8-) try and work out which prop will suit as it launch's out of the hole with the standard so i definatly have some option's.As for the hull it plane's at about 10-11kts which is handy for choppy day's i ran over as many boat wake's as i could but pretty hard to test it properly in a river but even though it still didn't gey any spray over the gunnel's so far i'm very happy.Dan.....;D

Dan5
08-07-2007, 03:59 PM
Well spent another 7hrs in it today went out to false cape and around to the next one then over to the end leed's up and down trinity inslet and all is good.Got into some decent chop it handled it well very soft for a 4.5 i thought and no exesive spray came over the gunnel's the outboard was faultless exept picking up about 10mtrs of fishing line from some ######## that throws the stuff over the side.The 60 seem's to be a good match for the boat and i can't wait till next weekend to get out again.Dan..............

Tangles
08-07-2007, 05:10 PM
Hey Dan,
nice rig, what sort of fuel mileage you getting?, Ive just picked up a yammie 50 4 stroke tiller and took her out yesterday for the first time as well,
cheers
Mike

Dan5
08-07-2007, 05:28 PM
Aiugusto,i havn't worked out that yet mate but today for 6 -7 hrs at all speed's we used exactly 20ltrs which i thought was pretty good there was a lot of 6kt tolling speed stuff today though with some 3/4 to wot action to break it in nicely.I used to use the 50hp yammie carby 4strk's alot and they would get roughly 50-60 Nm for a 23ltr tank at about 3/4 throttle.So they are pretty good on juice just carry 2 tank's and you should'nt have a issue for a reasonable day on the water.Dan..................

bushbeachboy
08-07-2007, 06:37 PM
Congrats on the new boat Dan! Sounds like a perfect boat for the tropics.
Cheers.

warrior1
08-07-2007, 07:01 PM
hi dan5 i've had a bluefin warrior 4.5 for two and half years now with 40 mariner.it's a great boat had no problems at all,also a few mates own 5mt vikings.

Dan5
08-07-2007, 07:10 PM
G'day mate yeah i was a bit hesitant to get one i heard that they were a very wet boat but after today i reckon no worse than any other 4.5 open tinny.The ride is acctually not to bad at all and seem very solidly built.So far i am happy with mine the 60 really get's it up and going nicely.Thank's Dan........

haggis
08-07-2007, 07:34 PM
glad to here your new boat is going good dan .
cant go wrong with a 4 stroke yammie . hope you catch lots of fish in her .
cheers fae haggis ..................