PDA

View Full Version : Patriotic seen leaving Gladstone Marine !!!

rumy1
06-07-2007, 04:57 PM
All I can say is "you lucky b**stard". The Patriot 6.8m looked great, are you heading out this week-end ? I am not sure who said was getting it but he is from Boyne Island.
You'll have to post some pics !!!!

Stubbie Holder
07-07-2007, 09:14 AM
That's four that I know of in this area. They truly are great boats, just had mine down at H. Bay for a week and it trailered down and back very easily.

Stubbie!

ozbee
07-07-2007, 11:26 AM
all i can say is you lucky bastards , ordered mine in january still waiting now told august all the best regards ozbee

rumy1
07-07-2007, 12:55 PM
Hey Stubbie Holder, are you going out this week-end ?

soulfish
07-07-2007, 02:26 PM
stubbie holder nice boat mate .What have you got on the back?I spoke to a 6.8 patriot owner a couple of months back and he said a lot of guys down victoria order the 7m model (for twin rigs) and run with a single.I have seen one also with a 250 verado(not sure if it"s 6.8 or 7m).Do you think a patriot running a verado would be better suited to the 7m hull because of the extra bouancy and weight of these engines or it wouldn"t matter?(around 300kg) just curious.

cheers

captain rednut
07-07-2007, 04:29 PM
hi there welcome to the patriot team there should be more around everyone should have one,mines got a yammy 225 4stroke and i luv it cheers cr

OPTI
07-07-2007, 04:37 PM
have all you patriot lovers ever noticed that one gunnel is higher than the other.looks like a bit of a twist in the hull?:-/

OPTI
07-07-2007, 07:42 PM
come on all you patriot lovers ,do me a favor and measure from the chine to the gunnel on both sides.either its bent or i have a luftkin that doesnt read back to back measurements:-/

Spaniard_King
07-07-2007, 08:21 PM
225's are great.. but you aint been in a patriot till youve been in a 7m with twin 150's :D

OPTI
07-07-2007, 09:47 PM
all you patriot luvers gone shy,or just realised you got a twisted hull:P

captain rednut
08-07-2007, 04:33 AM
hi i will be having a close inspection and i will return to let you know, i have not seen or heard of this im keen to find out, anyway we are leaving now for a bottom bash out on the reef for the day and hopefully can reply with some pictures too? cr

captain rednut
08-07-2007, 07:26 PM
re the twisted hull not true, and as for the gunnel to the chine measurement reads 1715 mm on both sides using a straight edge and level so you must of seen a one of. because i didnt get one of those special models, and if they had a known twisted hull the word would be out and they woudlnt be able to get dollars they sell for and wouldnt be so popular cheers cr

death_ship
08-07-2007, 07:46 PM
all you patriot luvers gone shy,or just realised you got a twisted hull:P
whats up mate?
couldn't afford one?
stay off the chems
death ship

GBC
09-07-2007, 10:32 AM
If you want a bent boat buy a platey.

OPTI
09-07-2007, 05:11 PM
I Was Doing A Repower On One 2 Weeks Ago And During The Measure Up Stage I Discovered A 25 Mm Difference From The Chine To The Flange On The Transom,maybe A One Off But I Doubt It ,it Also Seemed That Everything Hooked To The Right From The Transom Foward,i Guess Nothing Is Ever Straight In A Boat But It Did Grab My Attention.
And Death Ship If I Wanted One Id Have One,i Actually Got A New Eden-craft 233 Being Built Right Now.8-)

captain rednut
09-07-2007, 07:45 PM
hi opti ask warren at ######### to put a twist in the hull for you as i dont want to be in an elite class on my own, and by the way my other boat ive owned a formula 233 1969 model thunderbird is as straight as a dye and yes its good to see warren building an awsome product and i wont be selling mine cheers cr

Spaniard_King
09-07-2007, 07:50 PM
hi opti ask warren at ######### to put a twist in the hull for you as i dont want to be in an elite class on my own, and by the way my other boat ive owned a formula 233 1969 model thunderbird is as straight as a dye and yes its good to see warren building an awsome product and i wont be selling mine cheers cr

Too late Captain, Opti's boat is 2/3 finished. It aint no normal 233 either:o

OPTI is going top shelf with the fitout, gunna be a real eye turner;)

Garry

death_ship
09-07-2007, 08:45 PM
I Was Doing A Repower On One 2 Weeks Ago And During The Measure Up Stage I Discovered A 25 Mm Difference From The Chine To The Flange On The Transom,maybe A One Off But I Doubt It ,it Also Seemed That Everything Hooked To The Right From The Transom Foward,i Guess Nothing Is Ever Straight In A Boat But It Did Grab My Attention.
And Death Ship If I Wanted One Id Have One,i Actually Got A New Eden-craft 233 Being Built Right Now.8-)
sounds good opti,
where r the pics?
u putting an opti on it?
whats the damage for the rig?
Death ship

OPTI
10-07-2007, 05:52 AM
no pics yet,maybe in a month,yes 2 optis 250 xs pros,not thinking about the damage at this point still got too much gear to buy for it.
regards opti