PDA

View Full Version : The Birth of My Boat

Spaniard_King
06-07-2007, 02:33 PM
Finally able to post some picks of my new rig;D

She's an updated versionof the 6.oom offshore from Eden Craft. The boat now measures 6.3m (at the waterline) LOA is close to 6.7m

My rig came out of the mould this week so I slipped down there today to take some picks which I will update once a week.

I have some other picks of the owners boat which is %75 completed you can PM me with an email address if you wish to see those.

So here it is8-)

Blackened
06-07-2007, 02:46 PM
G'day

Looking good garry, must be satisfying seeing every stage of your boat being built.

What kinda power will you be putting on the back of it?

Dave

Spaniard_King
06-07-2007, 02:49 PM
Sorry Dave,

should have mentioned that.. a 225 Honda

Electronics.. Furuno 585 with 1kw ducer Garmin GPSMAP 525 with G2 chart GME 27 meg, VHF and mp3 player

Garry

Blackened
06-07-2007, 02:56 PM
G'day

A bit of power and some tunes to match?? Nice work ;)

Any names to decide on just yet??

Dave

Big_Ren
06-07-2007, 03:15 PM
Look forward to the updates Garry. Any particular reason you chose #########? I have only heard good wraps about them.

Cheers mate
Paul

Big_Ren
06-07-2007, 03:16 PM
Dunno what happened there. Try again.....Eden Craft

Spaniard_King
06-07-2007, 03:45 PM
....LOL paul.. should have mentioned that Eden craft as one word has been banned by the mods/owner.. something to do with a person who has the user name edencraf t..I beleive he is an ex employee and got the word banned for promoting that buisness.

As far as the choice it was because of the build quality, performance, price and reputation of the hull..not necessarily in that order :D Only pitfall(if you can call it that) of the rig is she has to go on a 2800kg trailer with break aways :P

bluefin59
06-07-2007, 05:23 PM
That hull looks like a real weapon cant wait to see the progresive shots mate i would love to be able to do the same thing one day congrats on the start of your project mate ..bluefin59

Grand_Marlin
06-07-2007, 05:41 PM
They are a good boat Gary,

In the original version they are well used by Ab divers in Tassie in some of the worst conditions imaginable.

Look forward to more pics.

Cheers

Pete

bushbeachboy
06-07-2007, 05:43 PM
Looking good mate, can't wait to see the rest.

Spaniard_King
07-07-2007, 08:39 PM
G'day

A bit of power and some tunes to match?? Nice work ;)

Any names to decide on just yet??

Dave

Sorry Dave, going to keep the name under wraps untill she is launched :D a few Ausfishers (local to me) know.. but I think I can trust them::)

Garry

3rd degree
10-07-2007, 07:55 PM
Nice one Garry!

Pretty sure they have used Eden Craft hulls for offshore ski races in the past.

Cant wait to see it come along.

Good luck

Jim

Spaniard_King
10-07-2007, 08:51 PM
Hi Jim,

cant say I have herd or seen them being ski raced before but it would be possible. The boat is rated to twin 130 4 strokes or a single 250 but I know the AB divers down south bolt a couple of 175 2 strokes on them to get them going :D

Heath
10-07-2007, 09:12 PM
The name is.... ******** ahhh that word must be banned too!

Heath
10-07-2007, 09:16 PM
She's gunna be a weapon thats for sure.

Spaniard_King
10-07-2007, 09:16 PM
Hmmm **** **** ** ** ***?

Can't seem to get a word out lately :P

:D

saurian
10-07-2007, 09:30 PM
Good to see your excited gary , best thing get a new boat with a honda to boot.
Hope they hurry up , for your sake.. lol....
Ta
What's her name , *******, Ta

3Vs
10-07-2007, 09:31 PM
#### me - give us a hint

Spaniard_King
10-07-2007, 09:34 PM
It's got water in it :D

blaze
10-07-2007, 09:51 PM
Hi Garry
I like the look of those two big glass stringers down either side, wont break in a hurry. But a question for you, why put a timber one in the centre?, I would have liked that one hollow glass too.
cheers
blaze
ps envious, nice rig in the making

Spaniard_King
11-07-2007, 09:31 PM
Hi Blaze,

not sure what the reasoning for the timber but I will ask when I am down at the factory gettin the latest picks on Friday:D

blaze
11-07-2007, 10:11 PM
Looking at a boat my mate is building today, its about the same stage as yours. Its being built to survey. On this one he has a two piece hollow centre stringer and the water can drain from the front dropped floor in the cab to the rear drain. its a 6.5 bidgie hardtop
Be interested in why the timber is there because I would have thought for ease of fitting a 10-15mm thick hollow glass would have been better, Is the transon ply or dyfincel. Keep the pics coming
cheers
blaze

Kiktz
12-07-2007, 01:02 PM
Looking Great Garry,

Nothing but a Honda would suffice for you would it....;D;D

Looking forward to more pics

Aj

ozscott
12-07-2007, 08:01 PM
Nice rig matey. The Eden Craft mob from memory scored some older and very nice deep V Haines Hulls. I remember reading a review of one of thier first ones in Trailerboat when I had my V163 Haines from the 70s and the hull shape looked identical - save that it was about 250kgs heavier than my hull!!! They know how to slap (hand lay in this case) glass into them and they used foam stringers from memory. The boat that was tested was set up as a cray boat and had the compressor sitting aft. From memory is had about 300hp in twin yammy 2 stokes on the back. They reckoned that when this thing became airborn and came down it was solid like concrete. Judging by the amount of glass that looks to be in yours these fellas are dead serious. You will have a great time with this baby.

Cheers

Spaniard_King
12-07-2007, 08:09 PM
Hi Scott,

you are right, they "did" have the old Haines moulds, what they have now is improved versions :D Mine is the old V19R which they were adding a pod too, now they have incorperated the pod into the mould to extend the hull and widened it to add lift. Should be a cracker of a boat, built like a battleship :D

ozscott
12-07-2007, 08:18 PM
that will be brilliant mate. The Haines V19Rs/19Cs were great and this is clearly a step well ahead of that in terms of toughness and water line length. I have a 21 foot seafarer vagabond from the 70s with a 21 degree hull and plenty of heavy glass - its waterline length without the trim tabs is closer to 20 foot. I love my machine, but yours is going to be quite a bit better again so I reckon youll have a great time with it.

thatp1g
12-07-2007, 09:10 PM
Damn mate, i am really envious on a number of fronts.

Watching you own new boat getting builtt, being 'born' from the mould, and seeing the whole process must be a lifetime sort of dream coming to fruition.

I really hope to be able to do something like that myself one day.

I am also envious of the financial position you are in. More envious of the way you created the position. You must have worked really hard to place yourself right where you are now and that's something I would also really like for myself.

F'n good on ya mate.

Must be exciting in a kind of silly school kid sort of way. Imagining those fish skull dragged over the side?

SgBFish
13-07-2007, 03:32 PM
Garry.
What do reckon the final hull weight will be? I'm guessing around 1100Kg.
Will it have a self draining cockpit?
The original 19's didn't of course.
Looks awesome.
Scott

Greg P
13-07-2007, 04:04 PM
Garry - someone on Fishnet is beating you to it ::):o;D

Spaniard_King
13-07-2007, 05:04 PM
yeah Greg, Saw his boat going off to the trimmer this arvy, all white tho.. needed some colour IMO.. just sorting out my picks for uploading shortly :D

Garry

Spaniard_King
13-07-2007, 06:26 PM
Had another visit today, hull has the tank in and a few bulkheads rear section of the floor is inplace ready to be glassed in. Had another good look over Warrens boat (the pic with the black slab hullwhich is going to be water tested this weeekend. have a few more decisions to make as he has a "T" top rocket launcher on his( I needed a few tissues to mop up the drool coming from my mouth) I have ordered a rocket launcher bimini set up... looks Like I have some serious groveling to do this weeeknd so I can upgrade to the T top.. ah well it's only money :o)

rat_catcher
13-07-2007, 07:07 PM
Garry - Very nice and I agree it definitely needs the colour! Keep the pics coming, this is great.

ashh
14-07-2007, 10:45 AM
there have been a few threads on both plateys and glass hulls being built and its interesting to see the different ways they are constructed, awsome stuff - love it.

thanks for sharing the pics, keep em coming ;)

ash

Spaniard_King
14-07-2007, 04:33 PM
Had a big day on the Honda 225:D
New short block installed after having the heads reconditioned, I completely stripped and cleaned all the VTEC rocker gear and re assembled before se installing. Engine is ready to be assembled i.e. trunk gearbox sump and trim unit next weekend. Should be running in another 3 hrs :D will get the injectors cleaned this week other than that she will be running by late sat afternoon next week.

Here’s a few picks of the power head ready to be dropped onto the chassis.. So to speak :D

fishing111
14-07-2007, 07:33 PM
SK sorry if i missed it somewhere where you've explained, but i originally thought your 225 was a newy? Is it a damged engine that you've fixed up, or a 2nd hand one.Not that it matters to you working on them all the time though:D

Spaniard_King
14-07-2007, 07:39 PM
SK sorry if i missed it somewhere where you've explained, but i originally thought your 225 was a newy? Is it a damged engine that you've fixed up, or a 2nd hand one.Not that it matters to you working on them all the time though:D

Hi Paul, I came across an ex VMR engine at the right price which suffered a dunking in the surf. I am reserecting it. I will post picks of it at the end.. you be the judge if it's new or not;)

fishing111
14-07-2007, 07:50 PM
I'm sure you'll have it better than new in no time SK, good luck with it. I'll stay tuned for the final pic's.

maztez
15-07-2007, 05:21 PM
Gidday Gary wot an awsome project .Youve certainly got Brett and I talking re the "Mistress".No doubt hell be in touch to pick your brains . Looking forward to seeing the final outcome .
cheers Terry

Spaniard_King
15-07-2007, 05:50 PM
Hi Terry,

Sure is a great way to buy a boat watching it evolve :D certainly gives me great confidence in the hull and I am getting a few changes to suite my needs as well:D things like holes and brackets pipes etc which will aide me in the fitout. :)

Spaniard_King
18-07-2007, 02:26 PM
Stopped in at the Eden Craft factory today as I don't think I will make it there on Friday. Floor is in, kill tank done basically inside of hull ready for flowcoating. Deck is out of the mould and screen on. Deck will be fitted tomorrow . ETA is either possibly late next week or the mon/Tue the week after;D

Uggboat
18-07-2007, 04:18 PM
That sure is a sweet rig. Are you fitting any "family friendly" stuff or is it going to be pure hardcore?

Love to see the QL tabs when they're fitted to.

Spaniard_King
18-07-2007, 05:10 PM
Hi Uggboat,

Mate no family friendly stuff in this boat :D Even the decky is gunna do it hard...like no comfy seat.. just a big esky to sit on and he has to tip toe around the deck to get to the anchor :) (havent decided if I want the front hatch so as to have a fully sealed cabin) Everything is pretty much fishing friendly tho :D

Wayne_Red
18-07-2007, 05:54 PM
I used to have an old seafarer with the anchor and rope storage in the floor infront of the fuel tank and retrieved the anchor over the starboard side. Smaller boat now but still retrieve over the side. I don't like front hatches, i find it easier for solo retrieve also. Just a thought. Personally i would leave the hatch out.
Great looking boat, just asked the cook if i could have one like it, she said no. oh well
Regards wayne

Spaniard_King
18-07-2007, 05:58 PM
Wayne, The anchor well will have a hatch but the cabin wont have a hatch to access the anchor (well not for now.. depends on how much the decky whinges) :)

Wayne_Red
18-07-2007, 06:26 PM
Fair enough,
if the deckie has a winge fishing in that boat he should look behind him and look at the others waiting to take his place.
When did you decide on an eden craft. did you consider plate or other glass options.
glass man myself, if i was looking at a new 6m boat it would be my pick too
wayne

Spaniard_King
18-07-2007, 06:34 PM
Wayne,

the owner of Eden Craft and I go back a ways and he has been trying to get me into one for a while. When he made some serious upgrades to the boat and offered it to me at the right price I couldn't refuse;) . It has also enabled me to use a Honda 225 which I had reserved for the right boat when it came along. My last boat was too much family and not enough fishing.. this one is pure fishing.. and the odd bit of family:)

Wayne_Red
18-07-2007, 10:02 PM
Good one, can't knock back an offer like that when they come along. A lot of the glass boats these days are too "family" for the serious fisho imo. I guess thats what makes the platies so popular among serious fishos.
Looking forward to the progress reports and the sea trial reports.
Wayne

Willo
22-07-2007, 05:53 PM
Sorry Dave, going to keep the name under wraps untill she is launched :D a few Ausfishers (local to me) know.. but I think I can trust them::)

Garry

Ya Recken ;D ;D ::) ::) :P
Willo

Spaniard_King
23-07-2007, 06:34 PM
Dropped into Eden craft today8-)

Deck is on a bit more glassing and flocate and flec.. bolt a few goodies on and she's mine.. next mom/tue;D

sid_fishes
23-07-2007, 07:10 PM
garry,mate she is looking more of a weapon every time i look. good luck with her.. cheers ian

ozscott
23-07-2007, 08:20 PM
We need to see white water shots matey, with this baby flying off wave crests!

Cheers

Spaniard_King
23-07-2007, 08:30 PM
They Will Come Scott:D

Spaniard_King
23-07-2007, 09:20 PM
Just for those that are interested. I ran my engine for the first time last Sat since the rebuild as smooth as silk 8-) just have to dress her up and she will be ready to bolt on:o Its a big Bugg@ hey!;D

Greg P
23-07-2007, 09:30 PM
Hope you get a good warranty deal on that Honda ;);D;D;D;D

Coming together very nicely - not long now :P

Spaniard_King
23-07-2007, 09:36 PM
Hope you get a good warranty deal on that Honda ;);D;D;D;D

yeah mate 5 years aint it or is it 10 now ;D

Uggboat
24-07-2007, 12:00 PM
If I was a woman I'd be sitting in a puddle right now....the thought of seeing that smash though some water gets me all giddy!

Spaniard_King
24-07-2007, 06:25 PM
Registered the boat today...seeing the boat is an Eden craft 6.00m offshore I managed to snare ED600Q as her rego number :D

Picking up trailer tomorrow,boat is still on schedule for Monday :)

Lucky for you then Hey Ugg;D ;D ;D

Spaniard_King
25-07-2007, 07:34 PM
Picked up the trailer today;D ;D ;D ;D It's a big mutha!

disorderly
25-07-2007, 07:46 PM
Thats a hell of a trailer.
Its a very nice looking boat as well,gary.
Wrong choice of motor,of course.http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/../yabbfiles/Templates/Forum/default/grin.gif
But a real nice fishing boat.

Scott

Spaniard_King
25-07-2007, 07:50 PM
Scott, I seen one with a big white one on it and it didn't look right so I settled with a bigger silver one :D

Lucky they build these trailers strong cause I recon I could be testin it out parking the boat...got 150mm to spare :)

boatboy50
26-07-2007, 12:03 PM
Hey Garry,

She's coming along nicely.

That engine looks remarkably familiar to me for some reason..... Glad to see she went to a good home. (A Zuke would have done it for me of course!)

Interesting set up with the trailer. Why did you choose that set up (custom Oceanic I take it?) I would be concerned about taking grazes off the glass. Teflon is good but not foolproof. Easytow uses that set up, but have started to go back to the rollers as they didn't work in all situations.

Hope to see her on the water in action soon. And be careful when getting your whitewater pics, you don't want take two for the Honda do you! Maybe you need a deckie on board to keep you out of that situation? (hand up) Lol

Regards

Darren

Spaniard_King
26-07-2007, 04:37 PM
Hi Daren,

Re trailer.. I am hearing ya... hopefully the skids wont be needed, time will tell. I know a good FRP repairer :)

The engine is a shell of her former glory :) remember it was a 30 inch counter... nuthing like that now :D...see how I go for deckies.

Spaniard_King
28-07-2007, 05:24 PM
Had another visit to Eden craft on friday, finally my trim tabs have showed up;)

Pickup still scheduled for Tuesday;D

Spaniard_King
28-07-2007, 05:29 PM
Had a big day on the Trailer today... full strip down and tectyl then neverseize bolts and re assemble ;D

Spaniard_King
31-07-2007, 06:21 PM
Usual story waiting on supplier to deliver shit :( may take delivery tomorrow if all goes well:)

sid_fishes
31-07-2007, 06:31 PM
garry so what are you waiting on ?? mate it is looking so goooooood cheers ian

Spaniard_King
31-07-2007, 07:06 PM
Hey ian,

uhpolsterer.. of all things:P

Spaniard_King
02-08-2007, 12:19 PM
She's home at last, Will stay as she is today as she will probably have beer all over her by tonight;D

Fitout starts tomorrow;) stay tunned!

Spaniard_King
02-08-2007, 12:23 PM
more pics;D

fishing111
02-08-2007, 12:39 PM
Sweet SK, looking forward to the fitout, keep the pic's coming.She'll be a beast when finished:D

Luke G
02-08-2007, 02:24 PM
She looks good mate.

Cheers

3Vs
02-08-2007, 05:22 PM
Where does the deckie sit?

seabug
02-08-2007, 05:31 PM
Congratulations on a beautiful boat.

With that weight it should ride smoothly.

Regards
seabug

death_ship
02-08-2007, 05:44 PM
looks good but i thought they would have modernised the upper cabin area and windscreen a bit from the old haines shapes to give it a more modern look, ahh the smell of glass, it takes me back.

OPTI
02-08-2007, 05:46 PM
looks the goods SK . :P glad they finished yours ,now they can finish mine::)

Spaniard_King
02-08-2007, 07:30 PM
Where does the deckie sit?;D ;D ;D ;D .... F$%K the decky;D ... nah mate.. you see If I put 1 more seat in and take out 3 deckies(which you know is the norm for me) theres gunna be some fights over who gets the seat.. SO.. plan is to tuck a big 160 litre esky as storage where the port seat would go and put a very comfy cuision on it for 3 deckies to relax on the trip8-) .. can hold tackle boxes etc as the kill tank is like a WHOPPA;D so no need to use an esky.. just as a notable example... I recon 4-5 of those fish bins will fit in side wayz.. which poses a problem.. gunna need a sh!t load of ice in it:) :) ... dont ya just luve those big delemas;D ;D ;D ...we gave her a fairly good head wetting tonight.. so last post for me;)

3Vs
02-08-2007, 08:03 PM
;D ;D ;D ;D .... F$%K the decky;D ... nah mate.. you see If I put 1 more seat in and take out 3 deckies(which you know is the norm for me) theres gunna be some fights over who gets the seat.. ;)

I reckon I can take Matty (maybe):'(

rat_catcher
02-08-2007, 09:59 PM
...we gave her a fairly good head wetting tonight.. so last post for me;)
Congrats Garry. I bet you had a good night and are excited now you have her at home and can do the fitout. Definitely keep the pics coming I love watching threads like these.

SgBFish
03-08-2007, 12:08 PM
Garry I’m sure you are used to doing it but drilling that first engine mount hole must be nerve racking.

Looks like a great boat.

Scott

youngfisho
03-08-2007, 03:27 PM
love the size of that holy S%#t bar. Now for the pics of it gettin airborne in the seaway garry.

andrew

Spaniard_King
03-08-2007, 09:42 PM
had a few hours spare this arvy so I put a few holes in the dash;D

The mbig Honda goes on tomorrow morning:)

Timmy94
04-08-2007, 09:04 AM
Noice. You mentioned that u are putting an ex coast guard motor on the boat. You said its been dunked in water, are you gonna put an auxillary on?
Thanks

Spaniard_King
04-08-2007, 06:20 PM
Timmy,

Why would I want to do that:D .. She has a new short motor and the rest has been refurbished AND I did it all....check her out below;D

Chimo
04-08-2007, 06:48 PM
So Gary what about the motor height?

Do we get to run a thread about that on this rig?

Chimo?

Spaniard_King
04-08-2007, 06:52 PM
What would you like to know abou the motor height chimo??? The cav plate at neutral trim is 14mm above the bottom of the boat :)... you see I can do this as I am runing a 15 1/4 x 17 Prop :D

Chimo
04-08-2007, 07:11 PM
Hey Gary

Cool ;) Why 14 mm or does that relate to Q 2 & 3

What's the prop if I may ask? ::) Surface piecing Raker2 maybe?

Cheers
Chimo
PS Boat looks good 8-)

Spaniard_King
04-08-2007, 07:18 PM
Chimo,

14mm Just where I want to start my trials at, seeing she has tabs I feel she may run well at this height. I am going to try the 17 Mirage prop first but I have a few more props to fiddle with.. an 18 & 16 solas and a 17 vengeance and a 19 stilleto.. should find something to suit out of that lot eh :D

Chimo
04-08-2007, 07:54 PM
Yes probably, what revs are optimum WOT for the motor?

By the way your a bit hard on the deckies arn't you?

Cheers
Chimo

Spaniard_King
04-08-2007, 08:00 PM
Hi Chimo,

6200 rev limiter on a 225 Honda, would like to be pulling 6000 with a light load (minimal fuel and gear etc).. Have herd a 225 e tec will push a 19 raker to 5950 on an eden craft like mine so a 17 should be good for me... Pft.. deckies.. they keep comin back so what do you see as being harsh???

Chimo
04-08-2007, 08:12 PM
Gary
It will be interesting to hear what you end up settling on. time wil tell

Cheers
Chimo

PS Re the etec piston thing have you come across any similar stories?

Greg P
04-08-2007, 08:14 PM
Noice. You mentioned that u are putting an ex coast guard motor on the boat. You said its been dunked in water, are you gonna put an auxillary on?
Thanks

Garry - dont worry about the kicker - just make sure the bloke who rebuilt the engine always goes with the boat ::););D;D;D;D;D

Spaniard_King
04-08-2007, 08:20 PM
Hi Chimo,

Actually I havent herd too many bad stories on E tecs at all. you here grumbles but no real daming stories. Can't say I know anyone who has had one go bang yet. personally I like DFI 2 stroke technology.

Spaniard_King
04-08-2007, 08:28 PM
Don't worry Greg, he's a permanent fixture on the boat, I tell ya what these Eden crafts are bl@@dy solid boats. Went thru 3 jig saws and a sh!t load of blades today. Everything is so dam thick..flex is certainly not associated with these boats but the term brick sh!thouse certainly is :D

fishing111
04-08-2007, 08:40 PM
SK, when your aiming for 6000rpm, at what level should your motor be trimmed at to achieve your desired wot operating range, eg full in trim, neutral, or trimmed out. I know you pick up rev's when you trim out, because of less drag,but what is best practice in setting up motor's ? You hear all the time to prop motor's to the upper limits of the rev band, but do they mean fully trimmed out, neutral or trimmed in.

Spaniard_King
04-08-2007, 08:49 PM
Paul,

neutral trim is what WOT should be judged at

fishing111
04-08-2007, 09:02 PM
Thanks mate, she's really starting to look the shit now, bet you can't wait to get her out.

Spaniard_King
04-08-2007, 09:07 PM
yeh Paul,

I recon, next weekend should see some sea trials. A full day tomorrow.. half days mon and wed then I am on holidays so have thursday and friday to comission everything ready for a sea trial next Saturday. Probably spend a couple hours in Tweed river if all goes well will run out to the 50's off tweed to test her out :) If she passes the tests its full on for the next 2 weeks of my holidays;D

sid_fishes
05-08-2007, 08:42 AM
garry,mate the stainless looks good , if you dont mind me asking ,who does their work for them cheers ian

Spaniard_King
05-08-2007, 05:42 PM
Not sure Sid, I think they just changed stainless suppliers, will find out for ya.

Drilled more holes and bolted stuff in, pulled cables etcetc..pics below;)

sid_fishes
05-08-2007, 07:52 PM
garry ,the more i look the more i like what i see. she is truly a great boat, just not sure about the grey nurse on the back lol. is there much room in the cabin? thanks and cheers ian

Spaniard_King
05-08-2007, 07:55 PM
Hi Ian,

no problem stretching out for a snooze in the cab so some over nighters are on the cards :) The big silver thingy will be just fine :D

Spaniard_King
06-08-2007, 08:33 PM
Not enough hours in the day :( 6 hours at work.. runaround gettin supplies only left me with 2 1/2 hours in the boat today. Fitted the hydraulic steering to the engine and ran the hoses already for bleeding now. The navman fuel monitor and garmin G2 chart finally showed up so that all went in as well as the fuel flow transducer.

Wahoo
06-08-2007, 08:40 PM
how long did you wait for the g2 map, im still waiting for mine

Daz

death_ship
06-08-2007, 08:45 PM
ark marine does the stainless

Spaniard_King
06-08-2007, 08:51 PM
Yeah Deathship Ark does do their stainless.

Ordered my G2 on the 19th June, took a while hey:(

Wahoo
06-08-2007, 09:00 PM
Yeah Deathship Ark does do their stainless.

Ordered my G2 on the 19th June, took a while hey:(

thanks, yes is taken a while, i only rang the guys up today and they said it still on backorder :-/ when and if you get a chance would you mind putting up a few pics on how they show on the GPS,

thanks
Daz

captain rednut
06-08-2007, 09:00 PM
hi garry good to see her! nice trim tabs, what do you think of them? and i find with the 30inch leg its hard to have motor stored in full down position and boat with bow up a bit, this anoys me cause my trailers nice and low to make easier to load, enjoy a quality boat cheers cr

Spaniard_King
06-08-2007, 09:09 PM
CR, mine has been reduced to a 25 inch leg so don't have that problem, Qls look the goods.. will find out how good this weekend:)

Daz, will hopefully be out testing everything this sat with full photographical documentation :D

Blackened
07-08-2007, 07:02 AM
G'day

She's certainly loking the goods gary, i'm still looking for the name!!!!

And that trailer, looks like you've bronzed it.. used too much tanning oil? lol

Dave

Spaniard_King
07-08-2007, 06:42 PM
Thanks Guys,

finished off the engine well this arvy;D

Hynautic K6 ram with sea star 1.7 helm and flanged hoses.. steering arm on inner hole for extra turning ability;D

Spaniard_King
08-08-2007, 06:26 PM
Bled steering, fitted control box and battery switch. on holidays now so should put a dent in it tomorrow :D Test run Sat and ZBlood it Sunday if all goes well :)

ozscott
08-08-2007, 08:36 PM
Thats a very clean looking well...your on fire Gary

SgBFish
09-08-2007, 09:05 AM
Looks good Garry.
Now you just need a bigger street.:)

capt
09-08-2007, 01:18 PM
Looks good Garry.
Now you just need a bigger street.:)

Nah.........bigger block of dirt.......LOL ;D ;D ;D Jimmy

Spaniard_King
09-08-2007, 07:17 PM
What I need is to get this boat in the water so you guys can start droolling and stop bagging me;) Still on track for Sat sea trials...... havin a shakedown cruise tomorrow;D (for those that know what that is:o ).... Will post some completion picks tomorrow... should have it all wrapped up by lunchtime ready to sink a few ales in admiration;D

fishing111
09-08-2007, 07:27 PM
Well deserved ales at that...

Spaniard_King
09-08-2007, 08:07 PM
Paul, she has come up a treat:)

I have refrained from going beserk on the rod holders and bait board as I want to get the feel of her at sea before comitting to rod holder placements.. she has 2 right down after to the extremities of the boat other than the rocket launcher.. thats it :P.. have 4 more stainless deck mounts to go in plus a bait board with 4 on it and a set of scotties with 4 flushmounts.. then theres a few straight up and down ones for baiting and storage as well... so no use makin mistakes :D... have spent a lot of time doing fidly wiring as she's going to get a bit of media coverage so I want it to look the part.. will post comprehensive picks sometime this weekend. Just need to find someone who will sit on the end of the bar with a camera instead of wanting to be part of the crew.

shano
09-08-2007, 08:16 PM
garry,mate the stainless looks good , if you dont mind me asking ,who does their work for them cheers ian

i have been doing a fair bit of custom stainless and alluminium work on boats lately for a large boat yard! ....;);D

Spaniard_King
11-08-2007, 07:24 PM
Took the boat for a spin today, put in down the tweed after visiting the bowser for 230 litres :) Took it easy for the first half an hour keeping under 4000rpm. as we headed back from Chinderah we made the call to head outside and head north. Cruised past the drill rig for the desal plant and headed for Currumbin. Decided as the tide was full to head through the bar and into the creek.. (needs dredging too!!! ) headed back out in hope a wave might give us a challenge but it was a non event with only the depth as a concern. Stopped on palmy reef to get a livey or 2 for the new bait tank (see Picks)...headed back to Tweed and to the ramp where Gemma joined us for a quick cruise... and a few WOT runs. Pulled the boat out at 10:30.. :):) very happy. went home and lifted the engine 1 hole as I thought she was too deep in the water which will help in a lot of facets. The QLS are bloody great, going to be very handy with our fishing setup. Any way a few picks for yas.

Garry

Brejen
11-08-2007, 08:03 PM
Bloody awesome Garry.

Mate you heading thru Tweed in morn?

Dad and i are heading out from up here then S/E wide, so will keep an ear out for your log in on 73.

Mate she really looks a treat,looking forward to seeing her outside of this 19inch moniter.

Brett

Blackened
12-08-2007, 10:07 AM
G'day

Nice work there garry, Love the name.

What was WOT?

Dave

mako101
12-08-2007, 06:01 PM
Yep I reckon one of those will do me in the not too distant future!, one of the best looking boats I ever seen!.
Anyone owned this exact model boat how does it handle, I`d like to know as compared to other offshore similar size boats etc.
And what kind of money to buy a second one?.:-/

Thanks

Spaniard_King
12-08-2007, 07:05 PM
Dave,

WOT was 5700rpm @ 39 knots. With a full load of 240 litres of fuel and 5 POB's and a shit! load of gear and ice etc... I am hoping to pick up an extra 200 when she loosens up. Was using 65l at WOT but gauge was out.. should be right now after calibrating it today. Good for net time out:)

Garry

Uggboat
18-08-2007, 06:53 PM
Do the QL's perform well.....and can you put up a pictire of the throght deck hole for the connection please.

Thanks Uggboat

Spaniard_King
18-08-2007, 07:08 PM
Uggboat.

The QLs are the answer to neat unobtrusive boat weight/listing management. Yes they do work and work well.

As far as a pic of the connection I have a purpose build void near the transom and a hole cut so the wire can come out of the foam filled section into the center of the bilge area, this was then filled with non acetic silicon. Will get a pic tomorrow if you like:)

bluefin59
19-08-2007, 06:10 AM
It's been a pleasure watching your boat come together it certainly looks the goods mate i hope you have endless trouble free hours in her the fuel bill sounds a bit scary though you should get plenty of trolling hours out of that big 4 lots of luck mate great boat......matt

Spaniard_King
29-08-2007, 06:08 PM
Knocked up a bait board for her.. just gunna put some reelax rod holderinserts in her to finnish her off :)

STUIE63
30-08-2007, 08:34 AM
Garry where you say you knocked up a bait board for her did you make it yourself or buy it . it looks just what i'm looking for so if you bought it where from and how much?
Stuie

Spaniard_King
30-08-2007, 07:04 PM
Between me and a few mates we made the whole thing, no change from $800 if ya want one.

STUIE63
31-08-2007, 08:19 AM
Garry what are the dimensions please I probably should have asked earlier
Stuie

Benny01
31-08-2007, 07:30 PM
do you mind if i ask what it owes you and what it would owe you if you had to pay someone to do all of it

Spaniard_King
31-08-2007, 07:35 PM
Garry what are the dimensions please I probably should have asked earlier
Stuie
Stu

730mm x 380mm with the legs (height to suite my boat)

Benny, what it owes me is my buisness and I am not about to broadcast that on here or to anyone I don't know well. I can tell you it is insured for $85K

Greg P
31-08-2007, 07:49 PM
Garry - how did you go with the inserts ?

Does that baitboard come out for the summer season ?

Spaniard_King
31-08-2007, 08:45 PM
Greg,

The bait board is here to stay, I dont chase billies to often so no need to remove IMO. Will be chasing up the inserts this week:) got a bit of work on atm. Today could be last trip for a week or two.