PDA

View Full Version : Local Carp Fishing???

Ctown
06-07-2007, 10:45 AM
I live in the Redlands, and although I have plenty of spots to fish saltwater I would love having a go at landing some carp. Problem is I don't know sweet FA about where or how to catch them. I've heard there are carp in the Logan and Albert Rivers but I don't know what areas specifically.

Would any of you fine freshwater fishos be able to give me some advice on locations/tackle/bait/berley/further info resources? Please be as specific as you can, but any advice will be greatly appreciated.

I'd love to have a good day out on the carp and help the local environment in the process.

Cheers,

Stevo

d-man
06-07-2007, 03:25 PM
There are carp just about anyplace you want to fish in the f/w reaches of the logan & albert. Try below the weir in Veivers Road at Luscombe. Never targeted them myself but have seen blokes fishing for them there using canned corn for bait. Google coasrse fishing for tips.

d-man
06-07-2007, 03:26 PM
And don't forget to kill 'em. Also you need to be aware that having them in your possession dead or alive is an offence. Have fun!

jonez
06-07-2007, 05:42 PM
i catch koi in a river there big.
they grow similar size to a carp.
my cousin sells them for hell cash.
around $5000 to $10,000 pretty good but they gotta be a certain colour.
Cheers Jonez

jonez
06-07-2007, 05:45 PM
make a bit of bread in your hand thick and leave some fluffy.
this way you can get a long cast and the carp usually are on top of the water.
and they come up ad slurp it off the top of the water.

jonez
06-07-2007, 05:47 PM
i use bread crums for berley
"works a treat"

itbass
02-12-2009, 10:30 PM
i use bread crums for berley
"works a treat"

How do you keep the turtles off the bait? I seem to be catching nothing but turtles recently...