PDA

View Full Version : Carribbean Baron ?

wayneoro
04-07-2007, 07:00 PM
Anyone With Experience With This Boat Re Improvments Etc Etc Etc Cheers Wayne

BM
04-07-2007, 07:20 PM
What would you like to know and what specifically are you asking about??

They are a very good boat and one of the first bow rider boats. Nice roomy cabin. Good aft deck area.

Cheers

wayneoro
05-07-2007, 08:30 AM
cheers mate this rig is still as solid as the day they made it so i want to fit out something like original the canopy and cabin door are gone find best set up for cooker and sink etc love to see some pics of whats being done on other rigs . am putting pods on it cheers wayne

BM
05-07-2007, 08:39 AM
A pod??? is it a sterndrive model then?

wayneoro
05-07-2007, 07:39 PM
no o/b mate 115 black anchor 2002 model the pods are 55 ltr ec one ec side o/b once you have had them on a boat its a must from then on

blu
05-07-2007, 09:11 PM
I seen one of them today VERY nice needed a little TLC but i'm sure it will be well loved.... And i'm sure some Ausfisher's will argue about the "Black Anchor" thay only got the BAD name when thay were first sent ova to Aus due to them being maid to sute USA fresh water dam fishing and due to that, there inner workings were not "made" for AUS conditions so things went BAD pritty quick hance "black anchor" but in this day & age thay (in my opion) if looked after (like you should with any outboard) will bring you many years of fishing and pleasure boating...
Steve....

BM
05-07-2007, 09:14 PM
Why would you pod a boat thats already an outboard configuration??

wayneoro
06-07-2007, 06:51 AM
lol steve bm pods are a great improvment on any boat there are many reasons all well covered on many posts on this site cheers

BM
06-07-2007, 09:18 AM
Only if they are done right. Many good boats are destroyed by the fitting of non bouyant (or non full depth pods). But I question the logic in fitting a pod to an outboard configured hull to begin with unless you intend cutting the splashwell out at the same time. Otherwise you have achieved nothing other than expense.

cheers

wayneoro
07-07-2007, 07:36 PM
gees mate ::) that isnt right at all floatation pods are an amazing improvment lots new designs now have pods ;D

BM
07-07-2007, 11:06 PM
Explain a bit more please Wayne and perhaps re-read what I wrote because you have misunderstood me.

ozscott
08-07-2007, 04:03 PM
lots of good boats are destroyed by fitting pods where the hull was not podded at manufacture. If there designed in fine. Some work very well as after manufacture fitment, but many dont. Podding is an art/science.

Cheers

BM
10-07-2007, 04:58 PM
I guess we agree OzScott as we essentially said the same thing!!

ozscott
11-07-2007, 08:12 AM
yep BM...I dont think I would ever take the risk and do it to a boat of mine, but thats just me. If your onto a good thing stick to it. For example if I wanted another couple of feet I would have to save and scrimp and get a 2 foot longer boat from the same era ie the 70's, but I cant see myself wanting to swap over any time soon. I suppose that the saving on weight and powering on a bigger boat might be a drawcard to pod a boat, but again the risk of it being and irretreavable stuff up would put me off.

Cheers