PDA

View Full Version : Stolen gear from scarborough home

ooglie74
04-07-2007, 05:00 PM
Hey Guys.

The olds have just returned from a couple months overseas and the garage has been rolled over.

Taken from the Scarborough area was the following gear. Judging by what was taken they new they were after fishing gear. Only rods and reels.

5 off Shimano Tiagra Ti80w reels. Upgraded to Ti80wA spec.
5 off Hilton Angler custom made 37kg chair rods. C/W “The Phantom” embossed in the blank. Purple bindings.

4 off Shimano Tiagra Ti16A reels.
4 off Garry Howard custom made 8kg short stroker rods. Bright blue grips and bindings. C/W “The Phantom” embossed in the blank.

4 off Penn 50vsw reels.
2 off Garry Howard fully rollered 24kg stand up rod.
2 off Garry Howard roller tip 24kg stand up rod.

1 off Shimano TLD 20 reel
1 off Hilton Angler custom 8kg stand up rod. C/W “The Phantom” embossed in the blank. Purple bindings.

2 off Duel 6/0 2 speed reels.
2 off Green bound blank 24 kg stand up rods.

6 off Penn 330 GTi overhead level wind reels.
6 off Penn matching 330 GTi rods. Red and black bindings.

2 off Shimano Trynos 20 2 speed reels (brand new with tags on reels)
2 off Shimano T’Curve fully rollered 10kg rods. (brand new with tags on reels)

2 off Shimano TLD 20 reels
2 off Hawk Striker stand up 8kg rods. Matching Black and Gold bindings.

There were also brand new still in the bag 15 and 24 kg T'curves left behind and about 15-18 TLD 15 and 20 rods and reel sets. Looks like they may have been startled or they filled there ute up. Pleanty of other valuable stuff left behind.

If anyone hears anything or sees some gear for sale please let me know. All of the custom gear has the the boat name embossed into the blanks and all the gear apart from the shity penn 330 GTi rods and reels are very recognisable.

Daniel

www.thephantom.com.au (http://www.thephantom.com.au/)

Spaniard_King
04-07-2007, 05:26 PM
Crikey Daniel, someone got a haul!

Hope it was insured :P and someone cathes up with them

PBass
04-07-2007, 05:27 PM
Sad news Dan.. Thieving mongrels!! Fingers crossed you catch em and reclaim that gear.. PBass

pickers
04-07-2007, 08:03 PM
maybe it was the same PUSBAG that ripped off my wallet last weekend so they could buy the bait and petrol.
SUX don't it mate.
pickers

sid_fishes
04-07-2007, 08:14 PM
what i cant stand is poeple[ and thats a lose term for poeple that steal other poeple,s work gear] doing this shit . a little lead ball in the right ear is a good start . i,m sorry to here about your lose and do hope that the gear starts to turn back up soon.... cheers ian

sid_fishes
04-07-2007, 08:17 PM
maybe if you post some pics[ if they have some] we can all keep a lookout cheers ian

death_ship
04-07-2007, 11:18 PM
Had afew beers with your old man and mum at a couple of the tournaments this year, they were showing me the purple rods, i remember the girls took out the gold coast comp, anyway i know the rods when i see them so i will keep an eye out.

The Animal
05-07-2007, 03:21 PM
Hi Dan.
Nathan called Kel and told her yesterday, could not beleive it.
Hope they get the bastards.
Will keep our eyes peeled.
Stephen

finding_time
05-07-2007, 05:32 PM
Dan

Bad bad news mate!!! I've told a few people in the industry about the theft so hopefully someone will know something!

Ian

Ps. the only good news i guess is that at least it's the off season!!! ............ I know it's not great but at least it's something.

ooglie74
06-07-2007, 07:47 AM
Ian its a bit of a drama for dan and Ian, mate the "phantom" leaves in 4 weeks for a season up north starting with the townsville comp.So its going to be a bit of a rush to get the insurance payout and get the gear replaced and rods rebuilt.

Hopefully they have a quick and easy turn around with the insurance.

Cheers Troy

finding_time
06-07-2007, 08:42 AM
Troy

Didn't realize the boat was heading nth for the season, bugger. Still wouldn't loose hope as just about every body i've talked to in the last few days is talking about the theft. Maybe they will turn up , when someone tries t sell them.

Ian

ooglie74
06-07-2007, 01:04 PM
Lets hope so Ian.
Heaps of people know Ian and the phantom so if they do thry to get resold hopefully they get caught

Cheers Troy