PDA

View Full Version : Transom Repairs Brisbane

RobGoesFish
04-07-2007, 03:35 PM
Hi Guys,

Need some help getting my girlfriends dad's speedboat back out on the water. Its been sitting for two years after a motor was stolen and too heavey a motor provided as a replacement. Well the transom is a bit detached and we are a little worreid about travelling very far as we are not too sure if the transom will stay attached to the boat.

Can anyone help me out with the names of quality transom repairers in the Brisbane area. Is there something we can do to help prevent the transom falling off in transit, ie a way to remove the motor at home, block and tackle is not an option.

Thanks

Rob

Blackened
04-07-2007, 09:56 PM
G'day

Call Grand_Marlin, pete. He's mobile and this is his line of work

Dave

gar26lw
05-11-2007, 10:59 AM
arnolds fiberglass repair over at hemmant. they did my transom and it is an ace job. matched gelcoat exactly, no paint overs. talk to arnold or benny.
one brand new boat I saw there i could see nothing wrong with, turned out it had been reversed into a wall. bashed in the rear and forced the bow into the trailer post. it had been fixed and was on its way to the boat show to be sold as new. i couldnt get over how good a job it was.

mik01
05-11-2007, 03:18 PM
arnolds fiberglass repair over at hemmant. they did my transom and it is an ace job. matched gelcoat exactly, no paint overs. talk to arnold or benny.
one brand new boat I saw there i could see nothing wrong with, turned out it had been reversed into a wall. bashed in the rear and forced the bow into the trailer post. it had been fixed and was on its way to the boat show to be sold as new. i couldnt get over how good a job it was.

i hope they disclose that it is a repaired hull when selling it!!
is that what all the boat show 'specials' are? :o

bigbrian47
05-11-2007, 08:08 PM
jimbo59 off this site put fibreglass stringers in for me recently
happy with the job does transom's etc
cheers brian

shano
05-11-2007, 09:38 PM
i will post up a number of the guys in our work area , they have a side business in fibreglassing when there not working for hains hunter.

shano
06-11-2007, 06:46 PM
ok spoke to my guys about this and they said no problems, they do the job the right way, alot of guys cut the transom off to repair this weakens the repair, they actually remove from the inside leaving the outside skin intact! anyway it made sence what he said. his name is Dave his number is 38161888

Timmy94
06-11-2007, 06:54 PM
Arnolds is my uncles cousin and he is a great bloke and i no wat u mean about great specials lol, He gets boats that are hardly damaged and does them up like brand new for himself or to sell.

ozscott
07-11-2007, 08:01 AM
I used Holloways on the GC (I know its not Brisbane) - Bundall - for the floor in my old Haines and he did a very good job - more than twice as strong as the crap original floor. Good price and seemed like a decent enough fella also. You will have seen him in some of the those Mags about buying second hand trailer boats.

Cheers

gar26lw
09-11-2007, 11:23 PM
Arnolds is my uncles cousin and he is a great bloke and i no wat u mean about great specials lol, He gets boats that are hardly damaged and does them up like brand new for himself or to sell.

yeah, he had a big cruise craft last time i was there. supposedly it had rolled in some bar and he got it very cheap. i think the top half had to be rebuilt.
i thought it was brand new.

in case you cant tell, i like them a lot and I am a total perfectionist. i stick to places that do it to my standard. i remember i had a cars door resprayed, when it came back from the place i always used the dude tells me he'd taken 10 attempts to get it just right cos he knew what im like. hehe

hmm, does anyone know of a place where you can buy insurance write offs? boats that is

shano
11-11-2007, 06:08 PM
damaged vehicle auctions eagle farm

shano
11-11-2007, 08:41 PM
ithink it is fowels auctions there in the old airpost section on the gateway arterial rd. if you are headimg toward brissie they are on the left with thousands of cars in there yard! thats the place! get on there website they have what is going p for auction , i have seen boats there! but have also seen them go for top $$$$$. so depends who is there!