PDA

View Full Version : Leisure Marine Seminar Night

charleville
04-07-2007, 01:50 AM
I attended a really great event at Leisure Marine tonight (Tuesday night) .

They sure spent some $ on staging the promotion - like real steak and prawns with real stainless steel cutlery and tables to sit down at and eat it with gas heaters and a big marquee and and and .... ;D

Lots of really good door prizes and $35 vouchers for their chandlery for asking a question- an amazing promotion really. The scale was not expected for one of these events.

I won nothing but took advantage of their 30% discounts on chandlery.

It is amazing though - despite writing lots of stuff on Ausfish, I tend to rarely show my own picture and yet a couple of previously unknown Ausfishers came up to me and said hello to me by name which was really nice and we had a good chat. The Ausfish community is really great to participate in. :)

Great presentations by Nugget (sans Powerpoint so more "secret" information was given, especially about catching jewfish in the Logan:D ), Rick Huckstepp on jigging (very good with his good Shimano gear being passsed around for a look):) He had just caught a 60kg Wahoo :o so we saw pix of that plus heaps others (I think that Nugget might be showing that on his Friday night TV spot), and the Leisure Marine mechanic, Dallas,on outboard maintenance. Dallas' presentation was by question and answer and his comments about fuel types, oil types and a very impressive bit of diagnosis about a bloke's engine not starting easily at the ramp was awesome.:)

I hope that Leisure Marine stage this promo again next year. It was really good. Well done Leisure Marine! :)

finga
04-07-2007, 06:16 AM
Gees Charlie you should have put this post up yesterday so a few more would have known about it.
I'm really glad you enjoyed yourself, learnt some things and got a bargain or two thrown in...oh, the surf and turf would have gone down well as well. A lot better then my usual sausage sizzle :)

You can try and hide but you will be found.
You must have had one of those little caption balloons over your head or something saying "Hello, I'm Charlieville"??

Deiter
04-07-2007, 06:20 AM
Yeah Charlie, I'm spewin' i missed it too, but unfortunately i didn't finsh work till a bit later than expected.
Was it an invitation only session, coz i don't remember seeing it advertised anywhere????

Damo

Tangles
04-07-2007, 07:44 AM
I went as well, great night, it was noted in the news section Deiter,

chees
Mike

russ81
04-07-2007, 08:11 AM
Hows it going guys
It was a great night with heaps of excellent advice and tips and some great bargains as well and a free feed what more could you want from a night out

Russ

charleville
04-07-2007, 08:59 AM
Was it an invitation only session, coz i don't remember seeing it advertised anywhere????

Damo - It was advertised on Nugget's 4BC program and mentioned in his weekly podcast. He had a link to it on his website.....

http://myskitch.com/charleville/presentation1-20070704-085827.jpg

charleville
04-07-2007, 09:11 AM
You can try and hide but you will be found.
You must have had one of those little caption balloons over your head or something saying "Hello, I'm Charlieville"??

Well, I was trying to stand sideways at the time so no one would see me. ;D ;D ;D

http://myskitch.com/charleville/image_details-20070704-091111.jpg

Argle
04-07-2007, 09:25 AM
As one of the "Unknown Ausfishers" I can also say what a great night! Good to meeet you and have a chat too Bruce. Good to see such a good turnout and well done to Leisure Marine - and the feed! wow i was expecting maybe a sausage sanga but Steak snags salads prawns! Was a really good talk from Rick and Nugget too, and looks like there might be a new "name Nuggets Boat comp" coming soon! I would hope that Leisure Marine and Stabicraft reap the benifits of putting on such a great night. I think Dallas did an excellent job of his presentation too, it would be very difficult to stand in front of a crowd just throwing technical questions at you, and being able to answer them off the cuff the way he did. Again what a great night!

Cheers and beers (and prawns too;D )
Scott

finga
04-07-2007, 09:59 AM
Do-oh...that'll teach me for looking in the news section only once or twice a week.
:-[

charleville
04-07-2007, 10:58 AM
As one of the "Unknown Ausfishers" I can also say what a great night! Good to meeet you and have a chat too Bruce.

Ah now I get it. When you said Argle last night I thought there would be a Y in it. I could not recall the name because my mind was searching for posts by "Argyle". I would have remembered the tag line though ...."The weather looks great - I must be at work" Yep - we had a great chat. Thanks for the info about the MBTBC, Scott.

Do-oh...that'll teach me for looking in the news section only once or twice a week.:-[

Finga - this bloke Scott comes up to me last night and introduces himself as Scott and my immediate reply was "Finga?" It was Argle - and a very pleasant fellow he is too.

But you see - I thought that all the regulars from Ausfish would be there so I was half expecting to see some bloke there who calls himself "Finga." Does make ya wonder if we should be wearing a badge or something.

finga
04-07-2007, 12:50 PM
Charlie, Charlie, Charlie....all Scott's are top blokes :)
I pity the poor buggers if they all look like me though :P
Cheers (the other) Scott :)

reidy_g
05-07-2007, 05:50 AM
Was as keen as to get along to this but had to head to Sydney for work (to pay for my habit). Still filthy I missed it - not made any easier by being in enemy territory when we lost the SOO. Anyone would think the stinkin' blues won the series the way they were carrying on, not 1 game from 4!

Anyway, congrats to Leisure Marine, Nugget and the boys for putting on what sounded like a great night. Fantastic that you support the local boating/fishing community in this way. Don't be shy putting another one on soon. Sounds like there's still plenty of interest from those unlucky not to attend.