PDA

View Full Version : New Boat

boatie
03-07-2007, 10:04 PM
hey guys,
just thought id let you now im picking my new boat up tomorow.:) ive settled with the 3.8mr Bluefin and going to get a 18 tohatsu on it soon. im only buying the boat at the moment and getting the outboard in a month or two when the old tinney sells and when i get the new one sorted out (bowrails, live bait tank, steps, floors etc) ill try to work out how to post some pics tomorow when i get her. im lucky because she is the last one in stock before the price goes up by 19%.:o

Thanks Boatie

Dan5
03-07-2007, 10:32 PM
I just bought the bluefin 4.5 and the dealer told me that the next one he was getting in stock would be more expensive but 19% that's a huge jump in price that would be a $2300 dollar rise for me lucky i did get the one in stock good luck with the boat 'boatie" Dan...

finga
04-07-2007, 06:19 AM
Like a kid at X-mas I bet....no sleeps tonight. Oops, it's tomorrow already.
Go and get your new boat boatie. What are you waiting for??? :)

boatie
04-07-2007, 06:20 PM
hey guys hears some pickeys of the new tub. i agree Dan5 19% is a huge increase in price, makes mine worth more than what the 4mr was worth:o The motor is ment to be going up in price aswell>:( but the dealer dosnt know when:'( anyway enjoy the pickys.

Dan5
04-07-2007, 06:40 PM
Lot's of work on the weekend there mate.Good luck Dan....

boatie
04-07-2007, 06:54 PM
thats the plan Dan. ive got the rollers adjusted already and hopefuley of to the ally welding shed in town tomorow to get some tube and other gear for it.

boatie

marty+jojo
04-07-2007, 06:55 PM
i have a blue fin mangrove jack 4.2 meter, i bought it new in 2003 and it is a great boat. The guys at bluefin make a good boat.
Marty.

boatie
04-07-2007, 07:06 PM
yea marty+ jojo i reckon they are one tough boat realy happy with it so far! hows yours ride? and is it stable at rest?

boatie

Tangles
04-07-2007, 07:11 PM
nice boat mate, also pick up my new boat tommorrow, know how you feel ( had a good look at a Bluefin Predator, sweet boat but ended up with a Sea Jay, those two where my choices after mucho research),,

mike

finga
04-07-2007, 07:39 PM
So what time did you knock on the dealers door boatie??
Nice and shiny. Needs some blood and guts in her now. :)
What are you going to call her?? Is it Varmit or is that the model??
Have fun in setting her up
Scott :)

boatie
04-07-2007, 08:08 PM
good on ya aigutso hope you like it.
Fiinga, it was about 10 o'clock by the time we got there. varmit is the modle name. i was thinking about calling it Fish'nmagican. when i sell the old girl and get the outboard there will be some blood and guts in it!!!

finga
05-07-2007, 06:48 AM
10.oo in the am????
Gees did ya get a flat or something???

Just remember you may have to spell your boat name when you log on with VMR etc.
Fish'nmagician may take a while to spell.

boatie
05-07-2007, 07:59 AM
hey finga
no we didnt get a flat but 10 o'clock was early enough. i had a bit of a late night the night before and didnt wake up to about 8 o'clock!!!!(slack a$$, i know!!)
i spelt the name rong in the last post . it ment to be FISHIN' MAGICIAN. still prity long isnt it. didnt think about loging on with the vmr do you think i will need to? im only going around the sandy straights, not over the bars and not offshore at the moment.

Boatie

finga
05-07-2007, 08:17 AM
The key words there was at the moment
Better plan a spot for the radio etc just in case :)

boatie
05-07-2007, 08:28 AM
yea your right finga should find a name that incorperates the bluefin a bit. its getting the ausfish tuna stickers so maby Bluefin tuna? but thats prity long aswell. i'll see what google has to say!!

Boatie

finga
05-07-2007, 08:46 AM
"The Tuna" or "Tuna"
seeing it's already a bluefin :)
Or "Pilly" as it's a little bluefin and I suppose a little bluefin would look like a pilly...maybe??
Or "John West" as it's a bluefin in a tinny (play on words)
Oh the mind hurts...too much thinking :)

boatie
05-07-2007, 10:43 AM
hey finga,
is a bluefin tuna have a different name when its young like a Squire and snapper or are they just called little bluefin tuna?:-/
how about "LITTLE BULEY" for the name, or dose any one have any ideas.:)

boatie

marty+jojo
05-07-2007, 03:04 PM
Boatie,
Yeah it rides well, i live at Redcliffe, so the majority of my fishing is in the bay, like all small open tinnies if it is rough you will get wet, i have been out 10-15km offshore ( in very good conditions of corse) and it was no probs. I am sure you will be very happy with ya new rig.
Marty.

boatie
05-07-2007, 05:38 PM
thanks marty i will hopefuley get her in the water in the next month. got to clean up the old boat a bit to sell it and then get the new outboard and in the mean time set the new one up.

any one though of a better name or do ya like "LITTLE BLUEY"

boatie

bluefin59
05-07-2007, 06:03 PM
Congratulations boatie welcome to the bluefin crew i'v had my predator for over 3yrs now and its been a dream i think it's tops enjoy mate hope you slay those fish in it varmit isnt that what elmer fud used to call bugs bunny .....8-) 8-) 8-)

boatie
05-07-2007, 06:30 PM
bluefin 59,
thanks for leting me join the bluefin crew! i hope i get amoungst some beauties with her aswell. im not to sure what elmer fud used to call bugs bunny but Varmit is only the modle name. im thinking of calling her LITTLE BLUEY what you rekon?

Boatie

boatie
30-07-2007, 06:56 PM
hey guys,
4 weeks have pased and its time to update you all on the new boat. ive got the floors ready for paiting and carpeting and the rest of the wood work nearly ready.i got all the welding done today and i reckon she looks sweet! ive included some photos for you as well...enjoy.

thanks boatie

Dan5
30-07-2007, 07:06 PM
Hey Boatie how's it going?The boat look's good mate but too shiny need's some blood and saltwater on it!Are you going to paint or leave it in racing silver?When's the motor get stuck on for it's first trip i bet ya can't wait!Dan.........

boatie
30-07-2007, 08:44 PM
hey dan
yes you are correct i cant wait untill i get her in the water. dont know when ill get the motor but hope fulley in the next 3 weeks when shes all done. im leaving it "racing silver". the dam thing needs to dull doun a bit because it is still to dam bright on the eyes!

Boatie

crazboutfishin
31-07-2007, 07:11 AM
Congrats boatie, im just fitting out my tinny nearly exactly like you minus the rails and steps ("Fitting out my first tinny") What product did you use for the floor??? It doesnt look like ply.

Cheers
Blake

finga
31-07-2007, 08:07 AM
looks like Little Bluey then.
Or Lil' Blue or Red as it's an Aussie boat and we call people with red hair blue so the opposite???
Or Baby Blue or BB or Bubba Blue or just Bubba
Or spinner as in come in spinner but you'd have to keep shining her up for that :)
Tis shiney at the moment though isn't it??

boatie
31-07-2007, 06:19 PM
hey craz,
the floors and all the other wood work is made out of 12mm structual ply with stringers under the floor to stop it bending and flexing. it now has 2 coats of white undercoat on all surfaces and is ready to be painted a blue colour and then the floor carpeted.

hey finga,
Little Bluey sounds pritty good. yeah she is still a bit shiny :( but not for to much longer!;)

crazboutfishin
31-07-2007, 07:28 PM
Thanks Boatie, also, with your sounder how did you install it? RE: the transducer placement and wiring?

Blake

boatie
31-07-2007, 09:28 PM
hey craz,
the sounder isnt conected yet. its just sitting there i was seeing how it witt look. i thing i will get a piece of polyurathane (hope i spelt it right) of my mate and stickaflex it to the transom. on the old boat i stickaflexed a piece of marine ply to the transom and screwed the transducer to that. the marine ply is fine but i reckon the poly will be better. the sticaflex is very strong and doesnt look like moving. i will make the poly long enough so i can get a bit of adjustment if i need it and mount my bait tank pump to the other end of the polly. hope this helps.

P.S i just ran the wire over the top of the transom and i will do so again.

Boatie.

crazboutfishin
01-08-2007, 07:02 AM
Thanks Boatie. Ive been hearing that transducer placement is a big thing. IE: not to have it in line with a planing strake. have u heard this? If so where will you be mounting yours? Closer into the motor or further out?

Cheers
Blake

boatie
01-08-2007, 07:02 PM
hey craz,
year you are correct, the transducer has to be mounted away from plaining strakes and half strakes that can cause turbelence in the water. It is also a good idea to mount it away from any trailer rollers or skids just in case!. On the old boat i had the transducer mounted in the middle rib on the transom so the bottom of the transducer was about 10mm under the hull line so i will probably do the same on this one. Any one else have any ideas?
Remember that the transducer can not come out of the water when you are on the plane becausse it can not shoot through air.

Boatie.