PDA

View Full Version : info on awoonga comp 5-7 oct

lure'em'in
02-07-2007, 07:59 PM
Hi, I'm seeking any infomation about the Lake Awoonga fishing comp on the 5-7 of October :-/ . If anyone could help it would be much appreciated.

I have heard there's one on but can't track down any info........Thanx Rob......8-)

Feral
02-07-2007, 08:08 PM
That would be right, I am planning on going there late October. All the fish will be spooked from the comp!

RayB
03-07-2007, 01:41 PM
gidday Rob,

I fished the same comp back in January and I had a great time. I didn't catch many fish during the comp but I learnt a lot from talking to the other guys and the organiser was also willing to share his knowledge of the lake so that everyone gets amongst the action. I hung round for another day caught a few barra using the knowledged gained from the comp. It is the only comp I have fished but I found it relaxing and good fun.

PM me if you want any more details.

cheers
Raymond

Awoonga
03-07-2007, 04:01 PM
Just ring the Awoonga c/van park...They should be able to help you ..The comp is run by Bassin Qld .. Dave Hislop is the contact www.bassinqldseries.com.au (http://www.bassinqldseries.com.au)

barkers creek
03-07-2007, 05:58 PM
cyas there

barkers creek
03-07-2007, 06:01 PM
nilly forgot does anyone no if its $75 per team or per person

cheers

lure'em'in
03-07-2007, 07:21 PM
gidday Rob,

I fished the same comp back in January and I had a great time. I didn't catch many fish during the comp but I learnt a lot from talking to the other guys and the organiser was also willing to share his knowledge of the lake so that everyone gets amongst the action. I hung round for another day caught a few barra using the knowledged gained from the comp. It is the only comp I have fished but I found it relaxing and good fun.

PM me if you want any more details.

cheers
Raymond

Thanx Ray, is there any good prizes or trophys etc, sounds like good comp.:o

lure'em'in
03-07-2007, 07:31 PM
nilly forgot does anyone no if its $75 per team or per person

cheers

Like the cras,just found out $75 per angler :D

RayB
03-07-2007, 08:35 PM
Thanx Ray, is there any good prizes or trophys etc, sounds like good comp.:o

I thought the prizes were pretty good. Plenty of rods and reels, eskys etc. They also gave away some top quality rods to those who were unlucky enough not to catch a fish. I personally received a $50 voucher from a local tackle store for being a lucky loser.

worth hanging round for the presentation.

cheers
Raymond