PDA

View Full Version : Winter Lurgies

Raesen
30-06-2007, 11:49 PM
Mods first Off I apologise as I wasn't sure where to post this. sorry

Had a most interesting day with the missus. She has beeen a bit off colour since Wed evening. Went to the doc (wed) and got some panodol and anti biotics if needed.
Well it went down hill from there.
She has been real crook for the past couple of days and booked an apppointment at our family DR this morning. Got there and she went down hill in the consultation.
End result _ ambulance to hospital on oxygen, blood tests, monitors that a fisho would kill for, saline drip, xrays and a 8 hr stint in the emergency ward.
In the end everything is OK (still crook) but a couple of things that amazed me with this episode.
Firstly - We have private health cover (at our age a necessity) and before the ambos arrived we were headed to the Northwest Private hospital (dr sugestion). When they got there we ended up at Redcliffe Hospital (great dr, nurse well we will leave that alone).
Question. Can't understand why we ended up at redcliffe when we have other insurance cover and as I saw in the waiting room there were others with more needs than ours. Particularly as the ambos are stretched so much with people now that the ambo levy is built into elec account and from what I hear get a ride to assistance (don't know).

Forget all that if you wish and the reason I am posting this is to let you know there is a bug going around at the moment that is not real flash.
Not your standard winter virus but one that is quite harmful.
Saw plenty of elderly people, middle age and worst of all small kids with similar symptoms in one way or another (vomiting, diah##, lethrgic, coughing and so on.

The other down side is I have just finished the vacuuming, mopping the floors and washing up ::) and its 11:50. Doesnt matter!!!!

Seriously watch your kids and Loved ones........ Its not good and not your traditional winter infection.
Pete

minno
01-07-2007, 12:50 AM
Thanks for the warning. Hope all is well.

minno

buhky62
01-07-2007, 07:12 AM
Pete thanks for the warning my missus had symptoms like that last week but nowhere near that bad she's over it now only 1 day in bed and she's back on her feet , hope your lady gets well soon .
BOB

Eagle
01-07-2007, 09:19 PM
Hi Pete,
So sorry to hear of your dearest one being so ill. My sweetie has also come down with the same (probable) wog. My mates wife ended up in hospital in the ICU with it and now another mates wife is also in hospital and very ill. I hope you settle down and never mind about the housework. Your dearest comes first as you know. The main thing is to keep yourself fit and healthy, it will be no good if you come down with the wog as well. I dont know what the wog is but it sure is nasty. It seems to hit the entire body (intense pain all over) and especialy the respiratory system. I hope to God that I dont come down with it myself. Our sincere prayers are with you and yours.

Eagle