PDA

View Full Version : I'm bored!

theoldlegend
30-06-2007, 04:26 PM
Geez. what a dead day!!

The wind's blowing its guts out, the washing's off the line, no point in mowing, can't wash the car, I've sharpened the filleting knives, have given the other fishing tools a touch up with vege spray, checked all the stuff in the dilly bag, picked up 500 metres of Platypus Platinum @ 25% off today because I can, and now I'm totally BORED!

What can I do? There's nothing on TV. I've cleaned the shed out. I've been swapping reels with rods to try and get the best combo, and I'm still BLOODY BORED!!

Offered to get dinner ready, but wife said, no dear, I'll do it. I'm pretty lucky actually. I reckon I've got one of the best wives going.

Does any body want to post up a really contentious subject that I can get my teeth into so I can get motivated ?

TOL

Help me out here please.

TOL

ffejsmada
30-06-2007, 04:59 PM
[quote=theoldlegend;643896]

Does any body want to post up a really contentious subject that I can get my teeth into so I can get motivated ?

A contentious subject??

What about illegals fishing our waters???

Should we sink their boats at sea for artificial reefs or what??

Hope this helps you out you oldlegend.

Cheers.

84mick
30-06-2007, 05:05 PM
LOL sounds sounds like me! but I am drinking my bundy's getting a little pissed and playing with my tackle (NO not that tackle, fishing tackle)........ OK Im really bored to.

Mick. ;)

Adamy
30-06-2007, 05:06 PM
Hey TOL...

Didnt think you ever had time to be bored - thought the breaker girls were camped permanently at your front door.... banging on it... let us in, let us in!:P

Adam;)

charleville
30-06-2007, 05:23 PM
How can you be bored doing nuthin'???? You were a public servant, weren't ya???!!!!!!;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

When they used to ask you how many people worked in your department, didn't ya used to tell 'em, "About half of 'em?" ;D

Hehehe! ;D ;D ;D

http://myskitch.com/charleville/asleep.jpg___100___rgb_8__-20070630-172427.jpg

theoldlegend
30-06-2007, 06:03 PM
OMG, I'm a bit T & E !!

Yes, you people who have responded have probably hit the nail on the head, and have seen through the thin veneer that I may have been posting.

Don't know what else to say really, I guess I was looking for a bit of company.

I guess a call or two might eventuate in the famous Breaker Girls cavorting in the shed with me dribbling and hands shaking.

You know, Gwenda isn't worried about the B G's any more. I think she knows that I'm past it.

Woe is me.

TOL

finga
30-06-2007, 06:06 PM
Good one Charlie ;D;D;D

You should have with me today little Johnny.
I had to go and bung a power point and a TV point in for my brother and then the neighbor came over asked if my brother could give his boat a run every-now-again whilst he's overseas until September.
No worries says us. It's a 26" Bayliner and he filled it with fuel ;D
So we went for a 1 hour tour over to Peel and back and the chop didn't effect us at all. 8-)

Only one problem...not one friggin' rodholder. Not one. Can you believe that??.
I'd better charge the battery drill for a little job I thinks ;)

If that didn't interest you can always come over here and straighten my screwdrivers and spanners.
That's after you find them in the mess on the bench.

Anyways I might call in tomorrow as I have to wander over that way. If I don't don't fret. ;)

Cheers then
Scott. :)
PS Isn't it DDD today or was that yesterday?? :-/

Marlin_Mike
30-06-2007, 06:10 PM
John you can come over here and re spool 3 reels for me.

Or polish my boat.

Or sharpen my knives thta are woeful.......a wood machinist and i hav ethe blunetst knives on any boat :)

Cheers

Mike

finga
30-06-2007, 06:27 PM
Or sharpen my knives thta are woeful.......a wood machinist and i hav ethe blunetst knives on any boat :)

Cheers

Mike
He ain't telling fibs either. :P
I take my own knife when Mike the Marvelous takes me fishing.
(I have to do a bit of crawling just so he takes me again ;D)

Marlin_Mike
30-06-2007, 06:30 PM
Flattery will get you everywhere scotty......:):):)

Mike

webby
30-06-2007, 10:53 PM
If your so bored, how about coming for a fish ???????

wavedivision
01-07-2007, 02:46 AM
Finga mentioned a contentious subject... "No rodholders!"
I sometimes fish with a guy who has a real nice (I mean REAL nice!) boat. He has exactly 5 rodholders. 2 for outriggers, 2 for flatlines, and 1 for the teaser. If a rod isn't being used, it's to be stowed. He only catch and releases so he doesn't even have a fish box. He won't let me keep a tuna or mahi. He cusses 'em. He only wants billfish.
And no beerholders! I gotta' stand there holding my beer. Can't set it down on his precious teak if I get a fish on.
I'd quit fishing with him except he's my Brother, and my Mother makes him take me!

theoldlegend
01-07-2007, 06:49 AM
Hey Webby,

I'll take you up on that !!

It'll also enable me to pay you for that rod and reel I got off you ages ago !!

TOL

theoldlegend
01-07-2007, 07:00 AM
Charlie, we were EMPLOYED there, which is a lot different from WORKING there.

Anyway, today is starting off OK by the look of it.

Have had an invite for a fish on Wednesday morning (not at Wello) and the master himself has also sent me an invite.

Who said life isn't good? At last, the wind has dropped !!

TOL

bushbeachboy
01-07-2007, 07:04 AM
Hey TOL,
Try this: Poly boats are the best. Better than the noisy, rough riding dog dish tinnies, better than the fragile fibreglass shower trays. Quiet, soft - riding stable fishing excellence. Go the poly!!!!!:P

C'mon TOL, wot u got to say ay?

PinHead
01-07-2007, 07:38 AM
you could have come with me yesterday...leave home at 1am...drive to Rockhampton...do a 3 hour job then drive home again..quick tub and grab some clothes then drive to the Coast to catch the ferry to Couran....15 hours driving in the day.

finga
01-07-2007, 08:10 AM
See you old bugger. All you have to do is ring some people and your day would never be boring. There would be new adventures everywhere :)

They might make just as good reading as the adventures of Chopper and Chop Jnr.

theoldlegend
01-07-2007, 11:12 AM
Greg,

I thought you were having a weekend down the Pin ??

TOL

Adamy
01-07-2007, 08:36 PM
I sometimes fish with a guy who has a real nice (I mean REAL nice!) boat. He has exactly 5 rodholders. 2 for outriggers, 2 for flatlines, and 1 for the teaser. If a rod isn't being used, it's to be stowed. He only catch and releases so he doesn't even have a fish box. He won't let me keep a tuna or mahi. He cusses 'em. He only wants billfish.
And no beerholders! I gotta' stand there holding my beer. Can't set it down on his precious teak if I get a fish on.
I'd quit fishing with him except he's my Brother, and my Mother makes him take me!

Thats funny!!!;D;D

finga
02-07-2007, 07:16 AM
I was talking to the TOL yesterday and the old bugga is busy as a fisherman putting prawns on a hook fishing off Wello.
I think there was 187 offers of going fishing, 36 offers of going for a drive, 342 offers of smoko, 4 offers of mowing their lawn and 1 of washing the dog.....so who's got no reason to be bored now?? :)
PS maybe the numbers are a tad larger then what he told me but....there's no reason to be bored now ;)
Maybe I better put a post up about nothing to do and fill the calender for the next 12 months??? ;D

PS I feel for you wavedivision. :'(
At least this tub has stubby holders..and a fridge and a microwave and a dunny and a stove and a doof doof etc etc. But no rodholders :-/

Dirtysanchez
02-07-2007, 02:08 PM
A doof doof ? wow, you make sure you have your hat on backwards scott, or it will be obvious it isn't your boat :D

But pls, no budgie smugglers :(

finga
02-07-2007, 03:40 PM
What's a budgie smuggler?? :-/

Marlin_Mike
02-07-2007, 03:53 PM
budgie smugglers = speedos pr dick togs

Dirtysanchez
02-07-2007, 03:57 PM
Indeed - and a very scary thing, but more than once it's been noted that folk on 'sports cruiser' boats (with no rold holders to speak of) tend to get around only in the afore mentioned speedo's

EEK !
:)

finga
02-07-2007, 04:07 PM
Eeek wouldn't be the word used if I bunged on a pair of those. :o

I suppose that'll one way to get rid of everybody in my fishing spot. Scotty in his d--kstickers ;D
Na, I couldn't do that even to my worst enemy. :-/

I'm starting to think we won't be able to use this boat as everyone will probably start getting the wrong idea about us.
I think I'll only go out in public in a boat with rodholders. 8-)

Dirtysanchez
02-07-2007, 04:54 PM
Bugga that mate, it sounds like a nice vessel.. In this weather just put on a disguise, perhaps a beany and a different jacket ?

Funny, I had a bloke apply for a rep's job with me, he said he had a boat, which of course got me interested, but then he said it was a Mustang 3300, so I looked it up on the web & put 2 and 2 together and realised it was "one of those boats"

I had to knock back his application ;D
Only kidding, he took another job before I could make the offer :(

Great White
02-07-2007, 05:58 PM
Hey TOL you know Herm and I are always good for a cuppa ;D ;D ;D

Talk to you soon mate :)

choppa
02-07-2007, 06:17 PM
he could have come fishing with me,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

but the boat is drying out a bit,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,hate it when the boat gets wet!!

pics were emailed as my b/day present gone wrong,,,,,,trying to locate insurance papers but they seemed to have disappeared

theoldlegend
02-07-2007, 07:24 PM
Hi Peter, will send you a PM after this post.

Choppa, that wasn't Pinhead's boat was it ?

TOL

PinHead
03-07-2007, 06:40 PM
Hi Peter, will send you a PM after this post.

Choppa, that wasn't Pinhead's boat was it ?

TOL

I wish I could afford one of those..mine did not have any rod holders on it...but who wants rod holders anyway.

finga
03-07-2007, 07:30 PM
Me, that's who wants rodholders.
I've only got one decent hand so how else am I supposed to hold my cup of tea and still fish??..... :)

Timbothecat
03-07-2007, 09:23 PM

That's pretty close to the saddest story I've ever heard wavedivision. Maybe you could invest in one of those beer hats. Of course you'd need to balance it up with one on each side and then drink it through a straw, but sometime sacrifices have to be made.